Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: KeyMapEditor

Default KeyMapEditor

I understand what it does and how it can be used and best short info on it I found here:
    Keyclone questions - hotstrings & keymaps

but what I don't understand is some limitations of it
    for example:

Why do I need two different key map files like:
    first.kcl
    ----key----------hotstring--
    -----1--------------first-----
    --LCTR+1---------second--

second.kcl
    ----key----------hotstring-
    -----1-------------second--
    --LCTR+1---------first----

LCTR+1 is on white-list

Toon-A presses <<1>> it translates to <<LCTR+1>> for Toon-B
    when Toon-B presses <<1>> it translates to <<LCTR+1>> for Toon-A

yet I can do in one key map file:
    JumpTest.kcl
    key----------------hotstring
    SPACE---------------jump
    6---------------------jump
    having <<Space>> on white list makes slave jump when I press <<6>>

what I am trying to do is when I switch my mains in dualbox so <<1>> every time will be follow for slave with direct macro, like:
    slave A <</follow B>>
    slave B <</follow A>>
    or
    translate CTRL+W >> UP for slave as if he was on remote control

am I confusing any one yet?

another example is:

I unbound 1-9 on both my toons
    and I want to translate every one of them into CTRL+ALT+1, CTRL+ALT+2, etc...
    so I can bound Macros on action bars to CTRL+ALT+3 and such
    so on main pressing <<1>> does nothing or something in future, but on slave it does <<follow>>
    and when I switch main with slave it will have mirror like set up that do same thing but vice-versa.

I know there other ways or I just could use HotKeyNet

what I am saying is why not make it translate <<A>> into <[B]> if <[B]> is on white-list even if they on same *.kcl file?

consider 10 wows... all with the potential to have a different key mapped to a given response.
    then, imagine having the ability to jump on any one of the 10... and the key maps continue to work as expected.

that is what key maps are for.

most people really have no need for them.... and they are only really useful when you are trying to mix 3 or more classes together on one team.

ok, that make sense, but at the end I still want to bring few points of my curiosity that mostly unrelated to each other.

First.
    why does <space> and <6> can work as I intended on same key map file when all others need two different files?

Second.
    if keyclone needs different files for each wow instance why does <<auto-add keymap>> option in <general> exists?

Third.
    As it works now, My vision of setup is unpractical in anything 3box or more, but as I still only dial-box, it fully satisfies me.

if you ever considered my idea, anyone could have for example 1-9 mapped to CTRL+1-9 and had only CTRL+1-9 on white list so 1-9 never whould go to slaves.
    every toon will have two bars, one when they are <main> and second when they are <slaves>
    so I could press <1> to do one action on main, and my slaves will do <ctrl+1> action
    is that kind of set even possible now? I couldn't find a way to do it...

Forth.
    another hotkeynet futures I like is to be able to brotcast from any of my computers with ability to remap them too <<drool>> I just never had to run two compurs at same time, even if I have one old one nest to my new one. my existing e6600, 8800gts can run two instances of wow 30-40FPS on ALL-HIGH in any magor cities =)

first... please realize... since you only have 2 characters, you don't need a keymap at all, if you are smart about your key usage. i would guess most people play this way.

as for auto-add.. it was requested by users, and i added it. people are using it in all sorts of combinations, well beyond what you're thinking. there is also a keymap on the command editor, which will place the specified keymap on that wow when you run the command.

and if you really want to play with HKN, please be my guest, no one is stopping you... if you are happy with coding up the scripts instead of playing... go for it. just be careful as many of the HKN 'features' are found in botting-engines and will get you banned (butt shhh... we aren't supposed to mention that..)

Like I said I am more then satisfied with keyclone and what it does for me, and this posts was nothing more then just my curiosity when I started learning/playing with keymap editor. but at least I know now that it is impossible to setup like I thought I could.

also can anyone explain or link me "use of auto-add in all sorts of combinations, well beyond what I am thinking" please? =)