Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Problem with Vista/keyclone(maximizer)/logitech software

I just switched over to vista 64 bit, and I'm having trouble with keyclone recognizing keystrokes from my logitech software through the maximizer a command loading. What I do is assign the mouse thumb button to shift and the mouse sensitivity +/- buttons to something like F1 for jumping and such.

This is my mouse
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mi...s/187&cl=us,en
    and the software and drivers are up to date.

It works fine without loading through commands to use maximizer and the keystroke assignments I loaded on the mouse will transfer to all accounts through keyclone, but I'm unable to use maximizer this way.

The mouse software must be set to recognize games in order to pass the assigned keystrokes even when not multiboxing, and it recognizes WoW fine except when I'm trying to use maximizer. I tried manually assigning keyclone to the recognized list of executables in the mouse software, but that isn't working for me either.

The mouse software being used is Setpoint 4.6.

I had no issues like this with windowsXP, and the assigned keystrokes worked fine with maximizer before switching to vista.

I hope i was clear enough and someone can offer me some advice. I guess I can ust play without maximizer, but I also just bought this sweet sweet 22" widescreen monitor and this baby is HUGE. I can't see what's going on on one side of the screen when looking at other. Perfect for maximizer.

Thanks in advance.

I'm new to the whole multi-boxing (currently just starting out with 1xProt-Pally, 1xEle-Shammy combo) but this gave my hours of pain. I'm using Octopus rather than keyclone but I'm certain you'll fix the issues by running the setpoint software as administrator within Vista.

Setpoint in normal user will work fine in windows apps like notepad (which I used for testing key sending) but not once you try to grab the keystrokes at a lower level (like in WoW or Octopus).

There's no way around the nag you will get every time windows starts once you've done it, other than to turn off user access control, which I would strongly advise against. You'll also need to click the option to start setpoint each time you boot too, but it's way better than not working.

Lastly, I'd recommend downloading Uberoptions, it's really easy to find with google and will allow you to re-program way more of your mouse buttons than normally possible.

Setting Setpoint 4.6 to run as administrator worked. Thanks a million, ZorbaTheGreek.

ahhh... vista...

you have to run just about everything as admin in order for keys to pass between apps.

if you have any other questions, please feel free to drop me a PM