Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default Question about Hardware...

Hey, everybody. I'm looking to get started multiboxing. Right now, I'm in pre-pharmacy school, so money and time are tight, but I love to play this game in my free time. I'm currently two-boxing a mage/preist combo on my single computer. I'm looking to build myself 4 more computers, and had a few questions. I used to be relatively tech-savvy, but the past few years I have fallen behind.

1. How can you tell if a GPU is PCI-E 16x electrical? I'm looking at a GeForce 7300 GT, but I can't find any information about its PCI-E specifications, other than the fact that it is compatable.

2. Is there any way I can make sure my motherboard will fit into the case I have picked out other than physically measuring the dang things? I'd love to order them from Tigerdirect.com, due to the good price, but I've never actually built a computer before (though I have replaced just about every part that one can fry while powergaming...heh), I'm not sure how to go about picking the parts. I know about matching the sockets and such, but I'm just a little worried about the components physically fitting in the boxes and such.

Thanks!

Motherboard sizes and form factors:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATX#Variants

Measure your mother board and find the form factor using the table linked in the URL above. More than likely it's ATX or MicroATX as those are the most popular.

As far as PCI-E, if you're buying a "newer" video card, it's probably PCI-E. PCI-E is the updated PCI bus standard. If you're looking for a decent video card for under $100, I recommend this card:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130062

You can't go wrong with EVGA. It's solid brand.