Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Frequent Disconnects while two boxing

Hey all.

I've been two boxing for about a year now, however, I've encountered a new problem.

When I have two toons logged on, I frequently get disconnected on one or both of them. I'll try to elaborate the best as I can.

MageA & MageB. Both are online, doing various things. MageA appears to become desynched. the following toon stays in one position on the mini-map, doesn't show up as MageA moves, neither do mobs. HOWEVER, MageB's screen still shows as following MageA, mobs still show up. Ultimately what happens is MageA finally gets disconnected, while B stays active.

This also happens vice-versa, meaning B becomes desynched then eventually disconnects.

Couple of Notes on my setup.

MacbookPro runs MageB,
    Home built desktop runs MageA.

Problem has existed on two computers, ( recently rebuilt my desktop, but was appearing on old one as well ). Desktop is running vista ( happened on vista 32 and on 64 )

I've removed & reinstalled *all* mods. Cleared mod caches/etc. Essentially started from scratch. It happens with and without mods active or installed.
    I've swapped the firmware on my WRT54G, went from DD-wrt 2.3 to 2.4 and finally back to stock linksys firmware.

The only thing I haven't tried ( mainly due to amount of hassle ) is a fresh WoW install on both machines ( I have run the repair util on the desktop ).

I think it's a fault in the router or underlaying network code, but i'm having a hell of a time narrowing it down beyond that. Anyone else having frequent disconnects?

---- Edit ----

I am using SynergyWBroadcasting - my desktop broadcasts to the MBP.

Just for fun..

Make a separate WoW directory on each PC (copy/paste onto root of C or where ever). No addons etc. See if the same issue turns up. It's the next best thing aside from a fresh install.
    Archimonde
    3 Mage Team
    Friedeggs, Friiedeggs, Frieedeggs
    5 Shaman Team
    Poachedeggs ^x 5 <heh
    1------50---------60---------70-X-----80

I've seen this happen as well on my two laptop set up, but I've always thought it was a connection issue with the servers and not my computer set ups. I say this because I could dual box effectively most of the time without this happening.