Close
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 45

Default Class Action Lawsuit against Mulitboxing?!?!

The mind boggles, clearly some people have forgotten we're playing a game:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...36597527&sid=1

Default RE: Class Action Lawsuit against Mulitboxing?!?!

"If you feel that some form of legal action need be taken regarding this matter, please have your legal adviser contact our legal department."

made my day... like he can even try to sue blizzard

Pity can you can't take a class action lawsuit against stupidity. :P
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

Was also a pity the thread was instalocked, I have a feeling there would have been many good laughs

Quote Originally Posted by 'Stealthy',index.php?page=Thread&postID=83831#post 83831
    Pity can you can't take a class action lawsuit against stupidity. :P
    QFT.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

Funny how he quoted the TOS

The Terms of Use clearly state that "using or exploiting errors in design, features which have not been documented, and/or "program bugs" to gain access that is otherwise not available, or to obtain a competitive advantage over other players" is not allowed.
    But neglected to notice the key element,

Using or exploiting errors in design
    Blizzard has clearly stated that multiboxing is not an error. Blizzard can't ban people for being good at the game just like they can't ban people for thinking outside the (single) box to find an advantage. It's fine to have an "advantage" People in Full S4 will have an advantage over people wearing greens. That's not an exploit, it's just different levels of competitiveness. Multiboxing is the same.

I just hope he doesn't find a stupid lawyer who trys. I get enough attention as it is, I don't need the blizz legal department sifting through all the multiboxing accounts looking for discrepancies.

If they want to blow the $200/hour + on a Tort lawyer, more power to them. I hope the lawyer charges a few hours on research before dropping the case.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

I'm still LOLing - 30 minutes later!
    Torrla & the Torr'etts - Torrta, Torrba, Torrma, Thorra- Inspiring Presence - Thanks to RAF, presenting Moppsy & Floppsy now performing with the Amazing Torr'etts

Quote Originally Posted by daviddoran',index.php?page=Thread&postID=83834#pos t83834]obtain a competitive advantage over other players[/quote]

They'd have to actually prove that multiboxing was a competitive advantage.

Judging by the FACTS -- I know of only 1 multiboxer on these forums with a PvP title of ANY sort. How many other multiboxers are registered on this forum?

[url]http://dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=MembersList[/url]
    9,615 members... let's assume even half of them actually multibox (as opposed to lurk) and of those maybe half are 70? 2403 multiboxers? Just to be generous....

1 out of 2403 multiboxers has success in arenas... Maybe 0.04%?

[url]http://www.wowwiki.com/Titles[/url]
    [quote='WoWWiki
    Merciless Gladiator Highest rated arena team in the Battlegroup at the end of arena season 3. Patch 2.3.0
    Gladiator Top 0.5% of arena teams at the end of the previous season. Patch 2.1.2
    Duelist Top 3.0% of arena teams at the end of the previous season. Patch 2.1.2
    Rival Top 10% of arena teams at the end of the previous season. Patch 2.1.2
    Challenger Top 35% of arena teams at the end of the previous season. Patch 2.1.2
    So we are showing 0.04% of multiboxers with ANY arena title.... when the rest of the world's top 35% of arena teams have a title? There's a competitive advantage?

EDIT: fixt
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]