Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Melee boxers unite! /discuss here

Lets get this thread rolling,

Welcome all 2,3,4,or 5+ Melee Boxers!
    Before the discussion begins lets use a few points to reference if questions are made"

First Tdog's melee guide : http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/in...+war#post57395
    ^^ The guide has great details with pictures on positions to attack in. :-)

Second Ughmahedhurtz demonstration videos : http://www.vimeo.com/user404642/videos
    The video is FF so you might have to pause to get an idea.
    I learned a lot from these videos, from positioning in real time, turns and the beloved 180degree arc that all melees can attack in.

So a few questions for us to discuss Answer them if you choose:
    What classes are you melee boxing? How many?
    What have you found works best for you in positioning, charge, stuns, etc.
    What are the great benefits of your class, or classes working together.

/discuss anything else you have found particularly entertaining.
    Chaos - Chihiro Team
    3 Rogues - 3 Shamans - Wildhammer - Alliance
    Case Mods - Summer 09
    [/align]

And Why not ill get my two cents in to my own question...

What classes are you melee boxing? Rogues
    How many? 3
    What have you found works best for you in positioning, charge, stuns, etc. Pulling mob by running to his left and swinging him around so the part and target make an "L" shape. In this maneuver the other 2 slaves can backstab and when aggro falls on a slave, i can backstab the target as well. Looks like this kinda
    Main X
    .......Slaves
    What are the great benefits of your class, or classes working together.

The benefits, well In spec's Assassination kills insanely fast due to seal fate (pve of course)
    I tried Combat and it guarantee's you don't need any healers because the mob is litterally stunned for the whole fight with 3 mace spec rogues
    Lastly, although i haven't tried it yet, when i ding 70 I'm looking to go Cheat Death/Shadowstep for 3v3.

I figure with shadowstep, ambush, i can probably immediately kill a healer (or bing pally to 25%) then vanish away and onslaught again.

I am really looking forward to end game WSG to fully determine how insane 3 rogues are.

Cons: No buffs, really.. nothing. We get poisons but, meh.

Probably the most fun thing i have witnessed?
    Imagine a night with the moon glowing on my daggers, I approach the unexpecting target, creeping through the shadows
    As i pounce on the target like a hungry wolf on its prey he screams leaving me in fear. As i gather my senses and jump back into the shadows i again
    crawl through the brush .... To press Ambush and watch that b-otch drop the floor.
    Chaos - Chihiro Team
    Case Mods - Summer 09
    [/align]

- 4x warriors 1xshammy
    - charging with wars works nicely; otherwise either back up a bit to get followers in range or do the 180 turn
    - pros: plate makes them tough, ww and windfury chops things up quick
    cons: snares suck; wiped on Araj once with him being a few feet away and couldn't do a thing, only shamy could do a bit of dmg

his is really engouraging man. Ive levelled 2 melee classes to 70 and I know all about mob repositioning. But the more I multibox with casters the more I want to try melee, in particular 4 rogues and a druid or priest, HoT's on the fly + stealth runs, although I really want WotF for all toons as I'd be feared alot in pvp so I guess I will go with priest.

I report back here after an RFC run

Note that my shammies are no longer melee. I ran them melee/enhancement up through the 50s because gear for elemental shammies SUCKS until you hit outlands (unless you wear all cloth...ewww). I switched to elemental at 53 after running Sunken Temple. Shammies/rogues are pretty good at melee but to spec/gear for DPS means you have crappy tanking ability (and, thus, get owned by bosses fairly often).

When I start my druid team, they'll be melee up through the 50s due to the itemization issues much like shammies have pre-BC. Should be fun, especially since I can bear one up for tanking without changing gear.

[edit] It should be also noted that you don't strictly NEED to run instances to level fast, though you do get good loot to help speed leveling/questing if you do.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I ran into a problem with the melee

I set them up very similar to my caster team and they would follow and assist using focus, but after the mob was dead the 3 rogues stopped following, the priest did though.

also at one point one of the rogues kept running.....wtf

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kalashnikov',index.php?page=Thread&postID=83332#p ost83332

I set them up very similar to my caster team and they would follow and assist using focus, but after the mob was dead the 3 rogues stopped following, the priest did though.

/follow breaks on sucessful melee hits which is why you should have your /follow button for your melee team in a very accesible place as you'll need renew it constantly. I simply put /follow party1 (or focus if you use it) at the end of all my melee macros so that they are in constant tow.

The runner problem isnt really melee specific. Make sure you have numlock on DNP list and even with that you'll still get them from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tdog',index.php?page=Thread&postID=83337#post8333 7
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Kalashnikov',index.php?page=Thread&postID=83332#p ost83332

/follow breaks on sucessful melee hits which is why you should have your /follow button for your melee team in a very accesible place as you'll need renew it constantly. I simply put /follow party1 (or focus if you use it) at the end of all my melee macros so that they are in constant tow.

The runner problem isnt really melee specific. Make sure you have numlock on DNP list and even with that you'll still get them from time to time.

hmm Well I will recheck the key binds for that runner problem

I guess if they keep breaking I will move the /follow focus button closer

but I added on the seconds line after attack
    /follow focus

and it was not working

Hey nice to have Ugh and Tdog both here, thanks for the guides, you guys got me started doing my 3 rogues.

Macros on everything are a drag but once the intial setup is done your good for a long ever.
    /assist party1
    /cast (ability)
    /follow party1

That way in case main guy dies, you can jump over to slaves and press your normal buttons and they will be the head.
    Playing 3 rogues can be hetic and i die more then id like to admit, but that macro helps a ton.

Actually after playing 3 elemental shammies for a bit, i love my rogues so much more
    The exp is much faster due to the fact that theres no downtime for mana. No food, just bandages.
    Melee is the way to go.
    Chaos - Chihiro Team
    Case Mods - Summer 09
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kalashnikov',index.php?page=Thread&postID=83360#p ost83360
    hmm Well I will recheck the key binds for that runner problem

I guess if they keep breaking I will move the /follow focus button closer

but I added on the seconds line after attack
    /follow focus

and it was not working
    Each and every time your alts land a melee hit it will break follow. So if you're trying to dps on the run you have to spam the living hell out of it. I also put it on the very last line of my melee macros.

example...

Bloodthirst
    #showtooltip Bloodthirst
    /assist party1
    /stopmacro [dead], [help], [noexists]
    /cast bloodrage
    /use 13
    /use 14
    /cast [target=party1target] Bloodthirst
    /startattack
    /follow party1

This way with /follow on the very end my warrior will land his/her BT and instantly be on follow again. However as soon as they land an auto attack they will be off follow again. Not a big deal if you're able to position the mob in melee range of the followers with having the mob move all around. However if you need to be moving while dpsing you'll have to spam the /follow macros as again they'll stop following as soon as they land an auto attack. I also have button "1" as basically a melee assist button that does not have any actual abilities in it...

Melee Assist
    #showtooltip attack
    /assist party1
    /startattack
    /follow party1

This way you can feel free to spam this macro to have your alts in constant follow and assisting w/o having to worry about accidentally using up any CD's you may have macro'ed to your ability or if for w/e reason you don't want to actually use a melee ability atm.

Sorry if that was a bit confusing but I'm really tired atm