Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Showing results 21 to 26 of 26

lol i wonder if dells extended on-site pickup warranty covers where you live? =)

Quick progress report, so far got:
    - Xkeys
    - 4 extra wow copies
    - 4 extra lcds
    - 2 dual vertical stands for lcds

Still undecided on the 4 machines, maybe the base Dell ones, not sure...got to check the local microcenter to see if they have cool deals. Then I only need a Vetra KVM and then I am good to go. I will basically have one keyboard+xkeys/mouse on KVM to 4 pcs and a Dual g5 as my main.

I need a KVM that enables a quick switch from either all 4 at once or select machine 1,2,3 or 4 with just a button press not one of those buttons you need to turn. Vetra still the best? or do you have USB KVM recommendations?

You going to use software to broadcast your keystrokes? Seems a shame to go all that way and not use a Vetra Broadcaster.

I have the 8 Port KM switch, and the 8 port Vetra Broadcaster.

On my X-Keys stick I bind the first button to Scroll Lock 1, (goes to ALL PC's) SLck + 2, +3, +4, +5, +6 all goto the individual machines.

I use a PS/2 mouse on the KM switch so I can individually control any machines mouse input when I switch to it.

I will be using 4 wireless mice (still undecided on brand/model) as my mice 'broadcasting' 4 receivers one mouse.

I use a Dell XPS M1710 as my main PC, I take this to work as well and play there on my nightshifts - otherwise it sits on my dock and acts as the main PC plugged into all the Vetra/X-Keys bla bla.

What LCD's did you go with? I am considering Samsung 740B 17" or perhaps 19". Did you by the DS Ergotron series or the LX newer series? I am considering going the LX setup and buying two dual arm ones.

Still got some stuff to work out but should be up and running soon too. =)

Excited!

Just a quick reminder: if you do get the Vectra PS/2 broadcaster, make sure the PCs you buy have PS/2 ports. Some of the newer systems are "legacy free" and won't have those. There are adapters for this but I think some of the folks on here have had issues with the PC recognizing the devices with the adapters in place.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by Ughmahedhurtz
    Just a quick reminder: if you do get the Vectra PS/2 broadcaster, make sure the PCs you buy have PS/2 ports.
    QFT.

My vetra is collecting dust right now until my 3 new PC's show up. Curse you laptops!
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

I spoke with Vetra an hour ago and they said that a 4x usb KVM is about to be launched...in like two or three weeks or something like that.

At the moment I have the xkeys USB (since I may need to use it on the mac) so I'll be waiting for Vetra now to release their kvm since I believe all the others usb ones have delays...like 5 seconds right?.