Close
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 26

Quote Originally Posted by Wilbur
    Quote Originally Posted by Valorin
    I should be able to tell you whether it'll keybroadcast from macs to pcs.
    The original does, I'm not sure if your modified version will though.
    Well, believe the original modified synergy keybroadcasts from pc's to macs by all accounts, but I've not heard about the other way around yet. Of course, macs can't run the .exe that keybroadcasts already.

"Are you guys brothers?"

5 Tauren Doomkin Druids - Charlestown Chiefs/Daggerspine (PvP)
    Stevehanson, Jeffhanson, Jackhanson, Killercarlsn, Dunlop (All 80!!)

I am thinking of getting 4 of those
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/sp3.asp

unless you guys can recommend another vendor or system around the 600 to 700 each, let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Mons
    I am thinking of getting 4 of those
    http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/sp3.asp

unless you guys can recommend another vendor or system around the 600 to 700 each, let me know
    Read this first: http://bradster.net/epicfail.htm
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Rofl...ok thanks for the tip

you guys have any links/vendors you would recommend. I really need base machines not anything fancy

[I paid about $1600 for the four computers I bought]

I bought 4 Dell Insprion 531 Athlon 64 X2 duo 3800+ (2 GHz) boxes. Only change I made to base cofiguration was get the 128 MB GeForce 8300GS.

At 1280 x 1024 res in Shattrath I was getting ~30 FPS with just some minor chop while turning on an epic flying mount, settings mostly low. Other than that it handled the game great when I tested with my two main accounts on the test realm.

I wouldn't suggest ordering X-keys from EnableMart. They had the USB X-Keys for cheaper than PI Engineering, or anywhere else that happens to sell X-keys for that matter. So I had them special order the PS/2 version, took 2 weeks just to get the order finalized and they're finally shipped this past Monday so will finally be up and running 5-box style in a couple more days I hope.

Originally I was supposed to have saved about $30, but they didn't honor the same price as they charge for the USB models (which I figured might happen) but waiting two weeks for order processing definitely not worth the $10 I saved on shipping costs compared to ordering direct from PI.

Edit: Forgot to mention price per PC

if you look at the prebuilt systems offered by HP, dell, etc.. sub-par graphics, generic or cheapo motherboards and ram. half the time its difficult to even identify the exact model number of something in the system.. and whenever you have even a minor system problem youre forced to go through (Eg.) dell approved repair centres or void your warranty.

find a cheap, local PC store that has been around for a good while and pick the parts yourself (after doing some research) and, if you dont feel comfortable doing it yourself, have them assembled before you pick them up. you will end up with vastly superior machines. if youre not sure about parts or shops.. try googling local tech forums.. there are some really great online communities (such as the whirlpool forums, if youre in australia) that have a lot of helpful advice.

Wow, Brad, I took the time to read through your entire story with Cyberpowerinc and I will buy from them. Now, Ibuypower.com I have purchased 3 machines from all with excellent results and to date NOT A SINGLE ISSUE with any of the machines. Currently however, I'm probably going to go with buying parts from TigerDirect and cases from Ibuypower to make my four new machines so I can bump up to ten boxing.
    - You put the lime in the coke u nut.

Quote Originally Posted by Zseth
    Wow, Brad, I took the time to read through your entire story with Cyberpowerinc and I will buy from them. Now, Ibuypower.com I have purchased 3 machines from all with excellent results and to date NOT A SINGLE ISSUE with any of the machines. Currently however, I'm probably going to go with buying parts from TigerDirect and cases from Ibuypower to make my four new machines so I can bump up to ten boxing.
    id be wary making any significant purchases through online stores. it really helps to have a physical address to go to if you need any support or returns. even if you have a contact phone number.. returns and warranty claims can be hell if you have no way to physically go in with a receipt and a part and talk to someone.

I live 30 minutes from where TigerDirect operates haha. I've gone straight into the office before to buy something.
    - You put the lime in the coke u nut.

Unfortunately not everybody lives somewhere that they can do all their business locally.

The point is valid about trying to buy local can provide better support. In my case though I can buy a lot of stuff online, and so long as shipping isn't outrageous (parts of the US still think that Alaska is overseas/island/etc), the huge savings offset compared to buying local and my working with Internet/computers makes up [for] that.

I do buy local when I can, like the four LCDs I bought locally as I wasn't going to pay $600 for monitors plus $200 in shipping. :roll: