Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Thoughts on 1 Prot Pally with 4 Shamans vs 5 Shamans

I have 5 Level 18 Shamans at the moment and still have another team I retired that has a Level 28 Prot Pally. I'm thinking about replacing my main shaman with the prot pally but am not sure about it.

Does anyone have any arguments for or against this idea? I am interested in long term more than short and am thinking a prot pally could be a huge asset. Farming with a prot pally can be pretty awesome as I have seen on youtube. It can also help keep things a bit more controlled and focused, me thinks.

Thoughts?
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

There's literally hundreds of posts on these 2 team set-ups in these forums. With a little searching you should be able to find more than you ever wanted to know.

You will want a level 70 paladin in your arsenal at some point in time imho. Even if you don't plan on using the paladin in your main team, they offer a ton of utility. They are teriffic boosters should you ever want to level up another team or even just a couple of otther toons.

I have 5 shaman and a prot pally. I raid mostly with my pally and used him to level up my 4 other shaman to about level 45 or so.
    If you want to do more PvP - go with 5 shaman. If you want to do more PvE do prot pally.
    Sweet* teams - <unGankable> - Kil'Jaeden US Alliance - 10x Shamans, 9x DKs 1x Pally, 10x Drews

I agree with Tdog, at some point you'll want / need a level 70 Pally. I run a 5x Shaman group and in the early days of leveling I would substitute one of the Shaman for the Pally just so I could get the job done. A Prot pally is a great asset to your multiboxing arsenal. Their boosting ability is second to none. But, having said that. A 5x Shaman group is totally freaking awsome! When I started my group I had no idea it would be this much fun. 5x Shaman totally kick ass! And I'm not just talking about PVP, I mostly PVE with my girls and its great fun.

To answer your question, my person opinion is yes, you want a Prot Pally and yes you want 5x Shaman LOL
    Torrla & the Torr'etts - Torrta, Torrba, Torrma, Thorra- Inspiring Presence - Thanks to RAF, presenting Moppsy & Floppsy now performing with the Amazing Torr'etts

I went ahead and used my Pally as my main in Wailing Caverns and it was very nice! I can see where this would come in handy. And as others say, nice to have 5 shamans as well. So maybe I will not delete my main shaman and level it every so often. For now going with the pally as the main.

On another note. I noticed it was weird with the totems and the pally. Only every so often would one of the totems actually buff it. I would cast strength of earth and nothing! all the shamans would get it but not the pally. then later it would show up. Not sure what to think about that.
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by 'blast3r',index.php?page=Thread&postID=77801#post7 7801
    I noticed it was weird with the totems and the pally. Only every so often would one of the totems actually buff it. I would cast strength of earth and nothing! all the shamans would get it but not the pally. then later it would show up. Not sure what to think about that.
    Weird.

I've never seen that happen... You could try posting in the WoW bug forums or ticketing a GM...
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

Were you in range of the totems?

Were you in the group at the time?

Basic questions I know, please take no offence from them, but these are the only reasons I can think of. If you were pulling with the pally and leaving the shammies behind, then that's one way it might happen, remember only 20 yard range at lower levels, until you spec +10 yards in resto.

Default Similar "bug"

I noticed a similar "bug" today with my priest/4x hunter group. I had Aspect of the Pack active on all 4 hunters and yet the priest didn't get the benefit of the buff. I stopped, swapped aspects on all hunters, then swapped back and had the same problems. No latency or range issues to speak of, just didn't gain the benefit. Not sure if it's related, but it was very weird. I haven't dug into any of the Bliz forums either, so it may be a known issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Hokusai',index.php?page=Thread&postID=77819#post7 7819
    Were you in range of the totems?

Were you in the group at the time?

Basic questions I know, please take no offence from them, but these are the only reasons I can think of. If you were pulling with the pally and leaving the shammies behind, then that's one way it might happen, remember only 20 yard range at lower levels, until you spec +10 yards in resto.
    I was standing right on top of the totem for the most part and yes, we are always in a group. Same thing was happening this morning as well. Vyndree, I'll check the warcraft forums to see if anyone else mentions this. Thanks!
    Dana Pain
    Legion of Boom
    Kil'Jaeden

If your pally is PvP flagged and your shaman are not, then you won't get benefits from totems. This happens to me all the time, as I will toss a Blessing on someone running past me, get myself flagged by accident, then have to sit around waiting for it to clear.

To your original question...one additional great reason to have a L70 pally is that they have the maximum travel speed with Crusader Aura which makes them phenomenal for gathering professions.
    [align=center][/align]