Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default [WoW] Hellfire Ramparts advice

My 5 box. 4 level 63Mages and a 65Priest. I can clear the ramparts to the last guy and his dragon. He goes down like a cheap date for a $20bill. However his rideing dragon takes me out in seconds. Other than getting 5 sets of fire resist gear. Anyone got any tactics on takeing this pair out?

Well.. Its not really bossfriendly to box only clothwearers, so think you might have some trouble boxing instances with that combo

the dragon deals fire damage.

fire = magic
    magic ignores the armor so it doesn't matter if you're a clothie or wear plate.

so you need:
    I. Fire Resistance Gear
    II. Fire Resistance Potion
    III. lots of HP
    IV. be quick or be dead

the resistance gear helps you to get not that much damage, the potion absorbs so you can keep the healing on the tank-clothie and don't need to start group healing.

lots of HP because he deals a lot of damage sometimes so you got enough time to react.

RUN! It's an AOE Effect so keep on moving when you got aggro. If all of your clothies stands together and he starts one deep breath you're grilled as toast. So run run run and run around in cycles with the dragon and keep out of the flames he spits on the ground.
    [align=center]
    Deutscher Multi-Boxing Blog mit Tutorials, Einleitungen, Hardware-Setups ....
    Klickt hier und ihr werdet erleuchtet: http://beyond-tec.blogspot.com
    [/align]

Bosses die so fast, armor is irrelivant. It looks like Fire Resist gear is what will make that encounter irrelivant as well. Even 150 resist will almost half the fire damage they take. I just dont have any

Fire ward? Dampen Magic?
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

The dragon may deal fire dmg - but it's NOT ALL Fire Damage.

First of all, you got the Orc who dismounts from the dragon who hacks you with his giant sword. That's all melee dmg (while the dragon casts AE spots on the area that you have to move out to).

When you get him to about 10-20%, the dragon lands and while he does mostly scary fire damage, he wills till hit you for some melee damage.

I say other than your fire resist gear, have some super mana potions so you can endure massive flash heals on your targets. Also, don't forget to spread your chars in a diamond...getting all 5 of your chars coned by the fire breath definitely hurts a lot :P

I'm running 5x61 Shaman through ramparts. Having my graphics detail all the way down doesn't help much when trying to avoid aoe flames. I was considering dropping one for a 70 tank, but I want to clear it on my own. What amount of resist do i need to keep my tanking shaman from taking fire dmg?

Main - Lootdrone lvl70 Mage Bloodscalp 5box - Tioget, Tiodrone, Tioluv, Tiogriz, Tiobuzz q9450 - 4gb ram - 8800gt 512 - 400gb hd - 500gb hd

Quote Originally Posted by 'bugilt',index.php?page=Thread&postID=70122#post70 122
    I'm running 5x61 Shaman through ramparts. Having my graphics detail all the way down doesn't help much when trying to avoid aoe flames. I was considering dropping one for a 70 tank, but I want to clear it on my own. What amount of resist do i need to keep my tanking shaman from taking fire dmg?
    Make sure you have keep your grounding totems down and when you from left to right when bombs land. (no fancy formations, only follow and grounding totems every cooldown

how about the dragons breath?

Main - Lootdrone lvl70 Mage Bloodscalp 5box - Tioget, Tiodrone, Tioluv, Tiogriz, Tiobuzz q9450 - 4gb ram - 8800gt 512 - 400gb hd - 500gb hd

Kill dragon while hes in the air, he wont breath fire until he lands. You can safely "ignore" the rider.. killing the dragon first is the trick here!

He will land at 20% hp so you just throw everythign at him then and hope for the best.

Good luck

edit: oh jeez all clothie? well Good luck!

well same deal here, try to tank the rider for awhile with your priest? while dpsing the dragon down to 25-30%.. then finish the rider and hope for the best