Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default chain HEAL targeting question

I run 1 pally and 4 shammys and am wondering how you all set up targets for chain HEAL. DO you have all 4 target the pally or do you work out different targets so the heal is spread around more.

Thanks for the help in advance
    US PvE : Dawnbringer <Gnomercy>

5 Boxing; Paladin - Marhaus, Shaman x 4 - Lorras, Serikana, Terianna, Ermok

Plaguedone - Death Knight LVL80

I'm pretty sure you meant chain healing.

Since chain healing is smart (it will jump to the next target with the most amount of damage within range), i usually target it on the toon with the lowest health.

In cases where bosses or mobs do AOE damage, I usually set chain heal to target self and let the subsequent jumps take care of whoever needs it most.

Cheers,
    Stealthy
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

Yes I meant heal. Fixed in the original post.

I am settin up macros and and keys for on my xkeys. ty for the help.
    US PvE : Dawnbringer <Gnomercy>

5 Boxing; Paladin - Marhaus, Shaman x 4 - Lorras, Serikana, Terianna, Ermok

Plaguedone - Death Knight LVL80

I set all my healing macros to [target=focustargettarget] so it will initially cast on whoever the mob we're fighting is beating on. I also have a couple of heals set up with clique so if I really need to I can just mouse over to my healer screen and click on whoever needs the heal.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Stealthy',index.php?page=Thread&postID=75368#post 75368

Since chain healing is smart (it will jump to the next target with the most amount of damage within range), i usually target it on the toon with the lowest health.

In cases where bosses or mobs do AOE damage, I usually set chain heal to target self and let the subsequent jumps take care of whoever needs it most.

Cheers,
    Stealthy
    Because of PvP damage not beeing evenly spread, i have my shammies cast CH on eachother, will be adding "nodead" option and cast on the next target.
    That way Largepants heals Medium, Medium heals Small, and Small heals Baby. That way a focused target wont heal himself, he will be healed by someone else.
    It might not be much, but a 0.2sec knockback on the cast bar is often the difference between life and death, especially in arena.
    Mulitboxing four shamen.
    [s]Ravencrest-EU.[/s] Xavius-EU

Quote Originally Posted by 'Bluepants',index.php?page=Thread&postID=75486#pos t75486
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Stealthy',index.php?page=Thread&postID=75368#post 75368

Cheers,
    Stealthy
    Because of PvP damage not beeing evenly spread, i have my shammies cast CH on eachother, will be adding "nodead" option and cast on the next target.
    That way Largepants heals Medium, Medium heals Small, and Small heals Baby. That way a focused target wont heal himself, he will be healed by someone else.
    It might not be much, but a 0.2sec knockback on the cast bar is often the difference between life and death, especially in arena.
    I use to do this then but because of complications when one toon is dead i switched to each shaman casting chain heal on themselves, works pretty nice.
    http://www.knightsofshadow.org
    Seastone - PvP - Defiant
    Nitro