Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Accounts Info

Default Accounts Info

Well, I never really stopped to think about this, but if your accounts arent all in your name are you going to get in trouble? i.e. I have 4 accounts 2 mine 1 wife 1 friend? 2 in my name one in wifes and one in friends? Has anyone had a problem with this yet. I would hate to get an account banned.

If so i might have to just go pick up 2 more fresh copies.

Account sharing (yes, even with your wife, lame right?) is against the ToS and can get the accounts banned. You put yourself at a higher risk because of the extra attention multi-boxers get.

I am not saying it is EVIL, but it is very bad. They will find out. Promise. Maybe not now, but all it takes is one person saying "multi-boxing is illegal, ban him" and the GM looks at your accounts to make sure you aren't a farmer/bot, etc and bam. Shows right up, account name, billing info, and then banned. Better to be safe, sorry.

Thanks guys - gonna head out asap to pick up some fresh copies... no sense in doing all the work and getting busted

If you do a search for "account name", there will be a couple of threads from people that took a chance and eventually got banned.

Make sure all the accounts info is the same across all the accounts.
    [align=center]5-boxing - Paladin, Shaman, 3x Mages[/align]
    WC-20,VC-25,SFK-25,BFD-27,Stk-27,RFK-29,Gnm-31,SM (G-32,L-34,A-35,C-36),RFD-41,ULD-42,ZF-46,Mar(O-47, P-48, I-48],ST-52,BRD-54,62,LBRS-62,Strt-63,DM-63,Paly Mt Qt-63, Schl-63
    HR-63,BF-64,SP-64(2/3)68(3/3),UB-68,MT-67,AC-0/2,Seth-1/2,SH-1/4

What about someome giving you their account and you changing all the info to yours? I use an account my cousin used to use.

Account holder name cannot be changed once it is set up during account creation. Now you can change all the other info.. but if they see it as another persons name they will assume its been sold/stolen/shared.

Default RE: Accounts Info

[quote='Oatboat',index.php?page=Thread&postID=74041 #post74041]Well, I never really stopped to think about this, but if your accounts arent all in your name are you going to get in trouble? i.e. I have 4 accounts 2 mine 1 wife 1 friend? 2 in my name one in wifes and one in friends? Has anyone had a problem with this yet. I would hate to get an account banned.

If so i might have to just go pick up 2 more fresh copies.[/quote]

You shouldn't have to buy any fresh copies. It's true that it is against the End User License Agreement (EULA) that account sharing is not allowed. However if the other party in the account gives you the original CD's, and relinquishes all information to you concerning the account as per seciond 3b of the EULA, this is FINE.
    [color=#ff0000]Not QUITE true.... It doesn't relinquish the ACCOUNT. See [url='http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&postID=74182#post74182']my reply[/url] for blue posts clarifying this. --Vyndree[/color]

This is what it says:

3. Ownership

B. You may permanently transfer all of your rights and obligations under the License Agreement to another by physically transferring the original media (e.g., the CD-ROM or DVD you purchased), all original packaging, and all Manuals or other documentation distributed with the Game; provided, however, that you permanently delete all copies and installations of the Game in your possession or control, and that the recipient agrees to the terms of this License Agreement. The transferor (i.e., you), and not Blizzard, agrees to be solely responsible for any taxes, fees, charges, duties, withholdings, assessments, and the like, together with any interest, penalties, and additions imposed in connection with such transfer.

I'm not suggesting whatsoever to break the EULA, I'm saying you don't need to buy another copy if you have the original CD's. If players do a report about you multiboxxing, you won't get into any trouble. In FACT, it's even better that the names are different. Here's the reason why....

If you accidentally type in trade or general or some other chat channel with multiple characters all with the same last name, that is considered SPAM and you will get a warning from a GM if someone reports it. However, if you accidentally type in trade or general or other chat channel and your last names are different on each account, you WILL NOT GET ANY WARNING at ALL! When the GM checks the last names and sees they are different, he has no evidence that it was the same person talking. Even if they came from the same IP address. So he discards the report. Now if you consistently type in trade a bunch of garbage text and many players report that as spam, then you obviously will get a warning just as if you did it with one account.

The reason others have been banned as mentioned here in this message thread is because they used a program that was against the EULA or something else they did. A program that automates the character in the game while you're not at the keyboard is bannable. Repeatedly using foul language is bannable. Repeatedly advertising or using spam messages is bannable. But by using accounts that have different names is not bannable even if players report you. Think about it, Blizzard doesn't want to lose accounts that are legitimate. They want to ban the ones that are automate the character while you're not at the keyboard or the accounts that are being used to sell gold, etc. If you're playing the game and at the keyboard with Keyclone/Multibox/Octopus, you're fine regardless of what names are on the accounts you're using.

I apologize if my original post appeared to suggest to break the EULA. Don't share accounts, that's against the EULA and I didn't suggest that. But if you have the original CD-ROM or DVD, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Thulos',index.php?page=Thread&postID=74102#post74 102
    What about someome giving you their account and you changing all the info to yours? I use an account my cousin used to use.
    Will get banned. It's against the TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Temor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=74113#post741 13
    You don't have to buy any fresh copies. Don't listen to the other posts here by those that don't know what they are talking about. It's true that it is against the End User License Agreement (EULA) that account sharing is not allowed. However that in itself is NOT a bannable offense. Even if players do a report about you multiboxxing, you won't get into any trouble. In FACT, it's even better that the names are different. Here's the reason why....
    What da hell !?! So you're saying that yes, it's against the EULA, but it's not a bannable offense? :cursing:
    [align=center]5-boxing - Paladin, Shaman, 3x Mages[/align]
    WC-20,VC-25,SFK-25,BFD-27,Stk-27,RFK-29,Gnm-31,SM (G-32,L-34,A-35,C-36),RFD-41,ULD-42,ZF-46,Mar(O-47, P-48, I-48],ST-52,BRD-54,62,LBRS-62,Strt-63,DM-63,Paly Mt Qt-63, Schl-63
    HR-63,BF-64,SP-64(2/3)68(3/3),UB-68,MT-67,AC-0/2,Seth-1/2,SH-1/4

[quote='Temor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=74113#p ost74113]Don't listen to the other posts here by those that don't know what they are talking about. It's true that it is against the End User License Agreement (EULA) that account sharing is not allowed. However that in itself is NOT a bannable offense.[/quote]

Temor, please review the Terms of Use.

[url]http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html[/url]
    [quote][b]Establishing an Account.[/b]
    You may establish one (1) user account (the "Account") on the Service for each Authentication Key you receive from Blizzard. To establish an Account, you will be required to provide Blizzard with certain personal information and the Authentication Key provided to you by Blizzard. Your failure to supply accurate information to Blizzard when requested, or to update that information as it changes, shall constitute a material breach of this Agreement.
    During the registration process, you will be required to select a username and a password that are unique to the Account (collectively referred to hereunder as "Login Information"). [color=#ff0000]You may not share [u]the Account or the Login Information[/u] with anyone other than as expressly set forth herein.[/color]
    [/quote]
    [quote]Blizzard’s Absolute Right to Suspend, Terminate and/or Delete the Account.
    BLIZZARD MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE THE ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, [color=#ff0000]most account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are [u]the result of violations of this Terms of Use [/u]or the EULA.[/color] [/quote]

Also review the blizzard support page:
    [url]http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?articleId=20460&rhtml=true[/url]
    [quote][b]Limitations placed on Account Access[/b]
    The ToU speaks extensively about what you may and may not do with a World of Warcraft account. This section highlights a few passages from the ToU that are most relevant to this policy. The core message is that you, and only you (with the exception of a minor authorized to use an account by a parent or guardian), should be accessing an account registered in your name.

[b][color=#ff0000]Blizzard Entertainment does not recognize the transfer of Accounts between individuals. (Section 1E of the ToU) [/color]
    [color=#ff0000]You may not share your Account or password with anyone[/color], except that if you are a parent or guardian, you may permit one (1) minor child to use the Account instead of you (in which case you may not use that Account at the same time). (Section 1A of the ToU)
    You are liable for all activities conducted through the Account, including any activities which may be conducted by your minor children that you allow to use your Account. (Section 1A of the ToU)
    You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your User Name and password, and you will be responsible for all uses of your User Name and password whether or not authorized by you. Security of your account is your responsibility. (Section 1D of the ToU) [/b]
    [/quote]

And, finally, our dual-boxing.com Community guidelines:
    [url]http://dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Board&boardID=31[/url]
    [quote]If it is against the ToS of the game you are discussing [color=#ff0000]it is against dual-boxing.com’s community guidelines to discuss ways of breaking said ToS.[/color] We are COMMITTED to keeping our hobby 100% compliant with the ToS of any game we play.[/quote]

This is not a gray area. People HAVE gotten banned for account sharing (including multiboxing using a "gifted" or "wife's" or "fake name" account). Take [url='http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&postID=63111']this thread[/url] as a recent example. Or this one.

There should be NO reason why ANYONE on this forum should even suggest that breaking the WoW rules is "okay". Temor, consider this your first and final warning.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]