Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 14

Default Shaman Totem usage?

Hi All,
    so I have been looking around the forums and I am wondering are the totems Healing Stream, Stoneclaw, Searing and Magma the default totems everyone is using, i.e. the set that are most used except when certain instance situations need a different fight dependent totem drop.
    I have just started leveling my shamans and so very much a noob with them, they are currently level 66 (with one sitting at 70 waiting for the rest to catch up :P )
    All help welcome

I always drop a 4x4 set rather than dropping individual ones. My standard call of the elements looks like this for pve

toon a:
    stoneskin
    totem of wrath
    cleansing
    wrath of air

toon 2
    tremor
    frost resistance
    fire restistance
    nature resistance

toon 3
    strength of earth totem
    flametongue totem
    healing stream
    winfdury

toon 4
    earthbind or stoneclaw
    nothing
    mana spring totem
    grounding totem

Then i have a 6 different keys that pop (staggered)
    - 4x fire elementals
    - 4x magma
    - 4x earth elemental
    - 4x tremor totem
    - 4x grounding
    - 4x earthbind

Those are all staggered as that way i can control how much totems of each i pop (order is always the same). On special encounters i might change the default setup to more nature resist, etc ..

and obviously a fire nova key

I only
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

you are staggering them time wise not location wise.

it would basically be a different cast sequence on each where the totem was in a different location

tremor totem,,,
    ,tremor totem,,
    ,,tremor totem,
    ,,,tremor totem

you really only need 3 and tap the button 1 time per second. That way it pulses every 1 second instead of every 3 seconds.

Blog Entries

I stagger my Call of the Ancestors (or whatever the spell is called, where you drop 4 totems at once).
    Actually have two sets of 4x totems, both staggered; not using the 3rd set of 4 totems.

My normal set (team with 3 shammies, warlock and paladin):
    - ToW, Healing, Grounding, Tremor.
    - ToW, Healing, Grounding, Tremor.
    - ToW, Healing, Wrath of Air, Tremor.
    My shammies are all glyphed for ToW.

AoE set, same team:
    - Magma, Healing, Grounding, Tremor
    - Magma, Healing, Grounding, Stoneclaw
    - Magma, Healing, Wrath of Air, Stoneclaw

Have several totems on either round-robin, or 3x dropped now.
    - Fire Elementals on round-robin (glyphed for 5 mins).
    - Earth Elementals on round-robin (have not used since adding pally to the team).
    - Earthbind on round-robin (haven't used this in forever).
    - Grounding 3x now.
    - 2x Cleansing, 1x Healing, on the same bind.
    - A resist button, which has one shammy do Nature, one do Fire and one do Cold resist totems.

Probably others, but don't use them much, for my now entirely PvE team.
    EverQuest I: Bard / Enchanter / Druid / Wizard / 2x Magician.
    Diablo III: 4x Crusader & 4x Wizard.

My Guide to IS Boxer http://www.dual-boxing.com/showthread.php?t=26231 (somewhat dated).
    Streaming in 1080p HD: www.twitch.tv/ualaa
    Twitter: @Ualaa

So now that I have played my shammies a bit and they are half way through lvl 72 I am curious as to why people are using multiples of the same totems? From what I have researched most totems do not stack? What is the benefit?
    Thanks again for the help

Some totems still 'stack' in some sort of way:

4x grounding totems -> 4 different spells being absorbed before having to replant them
    4x healing or mana totem -> in the past only healing stacked, but right now also the mana totems stack. use 2x healing/2x mana or 4x one of them for extra effort (in pvp with 4 shammies i use 4x healing, in pve with my pally tank i use 4x mana).
    4x searing/magma totem (or 1x ToW 3x searing/magma) for extra dps (or as Ualaa mentioned 4x ToW totems if they are glyphed for the extra ToW +% that is only on cast on the player laying down ToW)
    Tarrenmill PVP EU
    Zyxxyz Prot Paladin
    Zyxxyx Frost DeahtKnight
    Zyxzyx, Xzyxzy, Xyxxyz, Yxzyxz 4x Shaman
    Zyxxzy, Zyxyxz, Zyxyzx, Zyxzxy 4x Ret Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Talos View Post
    Some totems still 'stack' in some sort of way:

4x grounding totems -> 4 different spells being absorbed before having to replant them
    4x healing or mana totem -> in the past only healing stacked, but right now also the mana totems stack. use 2x healing/2x mana or 4x one of them for extra effort (in pvp with 4 shammies i use 4x healing, in pve with my pally tank i use 4x mana).
    4x searing/magma totem (or 1x ToW 3x searing/magma) for extra dps (or as Ualaa mentioned 4x ToW totems if they are glyphed for the extra ToW +% that is only on cast on the player laying down ToW)
    i was under the impression that healing totems stack, but mana does not. also, mana totems do not stack with blessing of wisdom (if you have a pally).

Mana does not stack.