Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Vyndree's pet assignments?

I was watching the 5x hunter DM video, and I'd like to know how you sent the pets to different raid markers?

Edit: http://www.vimeo.com/846294?pg=embed&sec=846294
    Feathermoon Alliance US
    Bornirish/Allwaysirish (shaman) Current lvl 21 May 17, 2008

I covered that briefly in the
    Quote Originally Posted by dancook',index.php?page=Thread&postID=48507#post48 507]Hey, I have wondered about what use the skull, triangle etc could have in multiboxing, i didn't realise you could actually use them in that way.

How do you have it setup to work with those?

thanks[/quote]

In your keybindings, set your leader a button for each "assign circle/triange/square/etc".

On each follower, set ONE of those buttons to "/focus" -- in the HD version you can see they also report who they're focusing in /party chat.

On my main's /petattack macro, I use a little line at the bottom of my macro that says: [url='http://www.wowwiki.com/Raid_Target_Icon#API
    /script SetRaidTargetIcon("target", 8);
    Quote Originally Posted by dancook',index.php?page=Thread&postID=48507#post48 507]Hey, I have wondered about what use the skull, triangle etc could have in multiboxing, i didn't realise you could actually use them in that way.

How do you have it setup to work with those?

thanks[/quote]

In your keybindings, set your leader a button for each "assign circle/triange/square/etc".

On each follower, set ONE of those buttons to "/focus" -- in the HD version you can see they also report who they're focusing in /party chat.

On my main's /petattack macro, I use a little line at the bottom of my macro that says: [url='http://www.wowwiki.com/Raid_Target_Icon#API
    -- this sets my main's pet target to always have a skull on top of it's head.

The lucky charms really do nothing -- they're a visual aid for me to tell which of my characters are /focusing which targets, since I use /focus to assign pet targets for offtanking.

Let me dig up my macro list for these guys -- it's really not too difficult since they're only level 23. :P

There's also a list of macros in that same thread that I used in the deadmines video:
    http://dual-boxing.com/forums/index....8513#post48513

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndree
    Velaii's (alt hunter) Macros

Attack macro -- button "1" on my video.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /target [target=focustarget,harm,nodead][target=party1target,harm,nodead]
    /stopmacro [noharm][dead]
    /cast [target=focus,harm,nodead,nocombat] Scorpid Sting
    /cast Arcane Shot
    /cast !Auto Shot
    Concussive Shot rotation -- I don't use this one often. :P -- button 3 in my video
    Code:
    #showtooltip [nocombat] Concussive Shot
    /castsequence reset=combat !Auto Shot, , , , Concussive Shot
    /cast !Auto Shot
    Feed pet macro (mend pet if in combat) -- button CTRL= (upper right corner) in my video:
    Code:
    #showtooltip [nocombat,pet:boar] Boiled Clams; [nocombat] Cookie's Jumbo Gumbo
    /cast [nocombat] Feed Pet; [combat] Mend Pet
    /use [nocombat,pet:boar] Boiled Clams; [nocombat] Cookie's Jumbo Gumbo
    Gift of the Naaru -- button SHIFT+2 in my video:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /cast [target=focustarget,help,nodead][target=party1target,help,nodead][target=player,combat] Gift of the Naaru
    /use [combat] Lesser Healing Potion
    /cast [target=player] Heavy Linen Bandage
    Mend Pet (Button SHIFT+3 in my video):
    Code:
    /stopmacro [channeling]
    /castsequence [modifier] Revive Pet; [target=pet,dead] Revive Pet; [nopet] Call Pet; [target=pet] reset=15 Mend Pet, Gift of the Naaru, Linen Bandage
    Multi-shot (Button 4 in my video):
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=8/combat Multi-Shot, Arcane Shot
    /cast !Auto Shot
    /petautocaston Growl
    Petattack (Button CTRL+1 in my video):
    Code:
    /petattack [target=focus,harm,nodead][harm,nodead]
    /petautocastoff Growl
    /petautocaston [target=focus,harm,nodead][combat] Growl
    /cast [target=focus,nocombat] Hunter's Mark
    Melee (Button SHIFT+1 in my video):
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /startattack
    /cast Raptor Strike
    /castrandom Mongoose Bite, Disengage, Wing Clip
    Serpent Sting (Button 2 in my video):
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast Serpent Sting
    /cast !Auto Shot
    The little white seal button is my emergency "COME BACK" macro for my pets, assigned to CTRL+2
    Code:
    /petpassive
    /petfollow

My "main" has almost the same macros, just without the /target line in them. I think the pet attack macro is the only different one...
    Velai's (Main hunter) Petattack macro
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /petattack [target=focus,harm,nodead][harm,nodead]
    /cast [target=focus,harm,nodead,nocombat][harm,nodead,nocombat] Hunter's Mark
    /script SetRaidTarget("target", 8)

I'm going to assume everyone knows how to read macros... If you have specific questions just ask. :)
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

So you go to each screen to target a different guy and then have the boars tank?
    Feathermoon Alliance US
    Bornirish/Allwaysirish (shaman) Current lvl 21 May 17, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by 'ThatIrishGuy',index.php?page=Thread&postID=72847# post72847
    So you go to each screen to target a different guy and then have the boars tank?
    Nope -- in your menu->keybindings there is a section where you can set a button to set different raid icons. I make a button for each "lucky charm" assigned to each of my following characters.

On each of the following character's /macro button, which is assigned to the same lucky charm button (one per character), they get a macro that is just:
    Code:
    /cleartarget
    /focus
    /p I am focusing on %t!
    When I press each button, the main character sets a raid icon and the following character /focus'es on it and calls out in party chat "I am focusing on <nameOfMob>!"
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

TYTYTYTYTYTY For going into detail about your macros, I'm definitely going to change my setup to this

One question, I've seen that addon a LOT but I don't know what it is, the one that put AGGRO and PET AGGRO up on the screen.
    Can you tell me the name of it?
    The mind of a Non-Multiboxer is like the the pupil of the eye......The more light you shine on it, the smaller it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Occam\'s Razor',index.php?page=Thread&postID=73549#post7354 9
    One question, I've seen that addon a LOT but I don't know what it is, the one that put AGGRO and PET AGGRO up on the screen.
    Eeek.... I use so many addons it's hard for me to pinpoint a specific one.

I know that DeadlyBossMods has an aggro alert... that might be the one...

Quote Originally Posted by 'Vyndree',index.php?page=Thread&postID=73644#post7 3644
    Quote Originally Posted by ''Occam\'s Razor'',index.php?page=Thread&postID=73549#post735 49
    Eeek.... I use so many addons it's hard for me to pinpoint a specific one.

I know that DeadlyBossMods has an aggro alert... that might be the one...
    Or omen, that does it to.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Imbest',index.php?page=Thread&postID=73767#post73 767
    Or omen, that does it to.
    That could very well be. I am a big fan of Omen and all of the hunters had Omen installed when I took that video.

macro noob question

what does the "!" do in your attack macro, the first one listed..

/cast !Auto Shot

Quote Originally Posted by 'Mac',index.php?page=Thread&postID=73775#post73775
    macro noob question

what does the "!" do in your attack macro, the first one listed..

/cast !Auto Shot
    Auto Shot works kinda like heroic strike in that you activate it, and then it just goes on your next swing. Essentially what it does is just turns your auto-shot "on", instead of toggling it on and off each subsequent time you press it. It basically prevents "toggling" -- just means "always activate, never deactivate".

If you want to stop auto shot, then just /stopattack