Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Default Auto Macro addon

I was wondering if this Macro would break TOS since it does allow for more macro commands some could be questionable.. Sry if this question has been brought up before I couldnt find it.. I would like to hear your guys oppinion on the addon..http://files.filefront.com/AutoMacro.../fileinfo.html
    thx for the opinions

Off topic: Why the heck would someone post an addon on filefront instead of one of the big 3 clearing house sites? Call me crazy but it seems odd.
    Guilds: Spirit of St Louis/Saint Louis
    US- Trollbane/Zuljin Horde and Alliance

mmmm - looked through the code - I don't know lua but I am a software developer - if it's doing what I think it's doing <cough>conditional macros</cough> then I really think we should delete this thread and speak no further upon the subject.........

Default thx

wow well thx for the help.. wasnt my creation look into the author before u flame some one plz... I was asking if it looked safe to use not if u would go DL and then flame because u think its a keylogger etc.. So obviously u dont htink its safe enough to use so i wont but I promise u that I will be of the same help on your questions. Your welcome

"Off topic: Why the heck would someone post an addon on filefront instead of one of the big 3 clearing house sites? Call me crazy but it seems odd."

and this IS in the MACRO AND ADDONS section is it not ??? then it cant be off topic and that makes You off topic Sir.try again

Chill thet3rminat0r ;s We all come in peace :thumbsup:

Default :)

sry late at night here and i am having problems with octopus since i dont want to renew my keyclone since i moved.

edit: unless all i need is my email since i dont have past ID.. we shall see

Default RE: thx

Chill out m8y! noone is flaming you

[quote='thet3rminat0r',index.php?page=Thread&postID =71677#post71677]
    "mmmm - looked through the code - I don't know lua but I am a software developer - if it's doing what I think it's doing <cough>conditional macros</cough> then I really think we should delete this thread and speak no further upon the subject........."
    wow well thx for the help.. wasnt my creation look into the author before u flame some one plz... I was asking if it looked safe to use not if u would go DL and then flame because u think its a keylogger etc.. So obviously u dont htink its safe enough to use so i wont but I promise u that I will be of the same help on your questions. Your welcome[/quote]

He was just pointing out that any automation is strictly forbidden under the ToS - don't think the word keylogger was used nor suggested inch:

[quote]"Off topic: Why the heck would someone post an addon on filefront instead of one of the big 3 clearing house sites? Call me crazy but it seems odd."
    and this IS in the MACRO AND ADDONS section is it not ??? then it cant be off topic and that makes You off topic Sir.try again[/quote]

The "Off topic:" is there to imply that the following sentence or paragraph is actually outside the topic of the thread. not that the thread is off topic!

CHIIL!!

soz just wanted to clear up any confusion

to answer your question. If the addon contains any form of automation, then it is against the ToS. a while ago it was indeed possible to have macros and addons target people automatically for you, that were, say, low on health, or to change the attack based on the class they were. Blizz decided to remove these conditions as they felt they were to automotive and were making the game less challenging then they would have liked.

So overall, if you come across any macro or addon that claims to chose a target, fire a spell under certain conditions other than those listed here ([url='http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft_API']Addon[/url])

Macro conditions:

* help — Can cast helpful spells on the target
    * harm — Can cast harmful spells on the target
    * exists — Target exists
    * dead — Target is dead
    * stance:0/1/2/.../n or form:0/.../n — In a stance
    * stealth — Stealthed
    * modifier:shift/ctrl/alt or mod:shift/ctrl/alt — Holding the given key
    * button:1/.../5/<virtual click> or btn:1/.../5/<virtual click> — Macro activated with the given mouse button
    * equipped:<item type> or worn:<item type> — item type is equipped (item type can be an inventory slot, item type, or item subtype)
    * channeling:<spell name> — Channeling the given spell
    * actionbar:1/.../6 or bar:1/.../6 — Given action bar page is selected
    * pet:<pet name or type> — The given pet is out
    * combat — In combat
    * mounted — Self explanatory
    * swimming — Self explanatory
    * flying — Mounted or in flight form AND in the air
    * flyable — In a zone where flying is allowed
    * indoors — Self explanatory
    * outdoors — Self explanatory
    * party — Target is in your party
    * raid — Target is in your raid/party
    * grouparty/raid — You are in the given type of group

there might be some more.. but I'll look them up when i have a sec
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70---------80
    Kaiya, Šeceased, Deceased, Decaesed, Deceasead, Deceasaed

Default RE: RE: thx

Quote Originally Posted by Šeceased',index.php?page=Thread&postID=71686#post7 1686]Chill out m8y! :) noone is flaming you

[quote='thet3rminat0r',index.php?page=Thread&postID =71677#post71677]
    "mmmm - looked through the code - I don't know lua but I am a software developer - if it's doing what I think it's doing <cough>conditional macros</cough> then I really think we should delete this thread and speak no further upon the subject........."
    wow well thx for the help.. wasnt my creation look into the author before u flame some one plz... I was asking if it looked safe to use not if u would go DL and then flame because u think its a keylogger etc.. So obviously u dont htink its safe enough to use so i wont but I promise u that I will be of the same help on your questions. Your welcome[/quote]

He was just pointing out that any automation is strictly forbidden under the ToS - don't think the word keylogger was used nor suggested :pinch:

[quote]"Off topic: Why the heck would someone post an addon on filefront instead of one of the big 3 clearing house sites? Call me crazy but it seems odd."
    and this IS in the MACRO AND ADDONS section is it not ??? then it cant be off topic and that makes You off topic Sir.try again[/quote]

The "Off topic:" is there to imply that the following sentence or paragraph is actually outside the topic of the thread. not that the thread is off topic! :)

CHIIL!! :)

soz just wanted to clear up any confusion :)

to answer your question. If the addon contains any form of automation, then it is against the ToS. a while ago it was indeed possible to have macros and addons target people automatically for you, that were, say, low on health, or to change the attack based on the class they were. Blizz decided to remove these conditions as they felt they were to automotive and were making the game less challenging then they would have liked.

So overall, if you come across any macro or addon that claims to chose a target, fire a spell under certain conditions other than those listed here ([url='http://www.wowwiki.com/World_of_Warcraft_API
    Addon[/url])

Macro conditions:

* help — Can cast helpful spells on the target
    * harm — Can cast harmful spells on the target
    * exists — Target exists
    * dead — Target is dead
    * stance:0/1/2/.../n or form:0/.../n — In a stance
    * stealth — Stealthed
    * modifier:shift/ctrl/alt or mod:shift/ctrl/alt — Holding the given key
    * button:1/.../5/<virtual click> or btn:1/.../5/<virtual click> — Macro activated with the given mouse button
    * equipped:<item type> or worn:<item type> — item type is equipped (item type can be an inventory slot, item type, or item subtype)
    * channeling:<spell name> — Channeling the given spell
    * actionbar:1/.../6 or bar:1/.../6 — Given action bar page is selected
    * pet:<pet name or type> — The given pet is out
    * combat — In combat
    * mounted — Self explanatory
    * swimming — Self explanatory
    * flying — Mounted or in flight form AND in the air
    * flyable — In a zone where flying is allowed
    * indoors — Self explanatory
    * outdoors — Self explanatory
    * party — Target is in your party
    * raid — Target is in your raid/party
    * grouparty/raid — You are in the given type of group

there might be some more.. but I'll look them up when i have a sec
    Would there be a way to make a macro to (for example) cast a lesser healing wave on the target only if the target is missing HP, otherwise continue to cast lightning bolt to the target of that target.

Basically have a macro to keep dpsing the kill target but cast a heal on one of the clones if it needs healing.

I remember seeing something like /cast blabla if help exists if not /cast lightning bolt something or other. idk inch:

Edit: I found your post on another thread similar to what I was looking for I might try it to see if it's what i was thinking of. The Spammable Lightning bolt Macro one.

Default RE: RE: RE: thx

Quote Originally Posted by 'Monk3yv',index.php?page=Thread&postID=71690#post7 1690
    Would there be a way to make a macro to (for example) cast a lesser healing wave on the target only if the target is missing HP, otherwise continue to cast lightning bolt to the target of that target.

Basically have a macro to keep dpsing the kill target but cast a heal on one of the clones if it needs healing.

I remember seeing something like /cast blabla if help exists if not /cast lightning bolt something or other. idk inch:

Edit: I found your post on another thread similar to what I was looking for I might try it to see if it's what i was thinking of. The Spammable Lightning bolt Macro one.

there definitely used to be back in 1.0 etc, but blizz removed those conditions :S Oddly enough Blizz has got something similar in place for some consumables (unless my brain is playing tricks on me again :S ) I believe Healthstones can't be used if ur already at full HP (not sure about potions tho).. but sadly this same thing doesn't apply to commands.

The "help" and "exists" can be used because they only serve to distinguish between a friendly or enemy target and weather that target is dead or not. We can't cast a LB on a friendly target anyway, so it halts the macro before you try to send a cast command through. For us Mboxers these happen to be very useful though, as without them a follow macro such as this one

/follow [target=A,exists] [target=B,exists] (where A is followed until A does not exist)

would become

/follow [target=A][target=B] where A is followed, and upon the death of A, the rest would be standing not doing anything because the command to follow A would be present before follow B (B would never be followed)

[nodead] is similar in some ways but again if we didn't have it, we might have a harder time macroing :P
    hope the spamm macro works for you too ^^
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70---------80
    Kaiya, Šeceased, Deceased, Decaesed, Deceasead, Deceasaed