Close
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Default Using my 70 Rogue to Powerlevel a Warrior

Hey people!

Well, basically the only two other characters I am interested in leveling are the Warrior and Priest. However, I am not sure I want to level both a Warrior and Priest simultaneously.

I only have one computer (Q6600 Quad, 8800GTS 512) and one 1920x1200 24" monitor. I would much rather just have my lowbie character on another instance of WoW and in the background while I kill with the rogue.

I just want to ask. Would my rogue be capable of getting my lowbie to outlands efficiently? Could I then use my Rogue to also help with the lowbies quests in Outlands? My Rogue is http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...nivarr&n=Fixii atm.

What do you think I should do? I know if I leveled both a Warrior and priest at the same time I would benefit from having an extra character leveled, but it just seems so much hassle keeping both updated and controling them both etc.

I kinda wish I had a better carebear class other than rogue - i.e. one that could AoE in dungeons etc, but I only have a 70 rogue.

What do you think?
    P.s. I am more interested in having a Warrior over Priest.

I also have a rogue powerleveling my toons (for the same reason, no aoe toons). I found out that lvling with 4 people is better because you get the +group xp bonus. My rogue is spec for pvp and have pvp gear and i am doing great (can easy ok zf haven't tried anything else after that), your spec with pve which should help you a lot more then my pve build. You should be able to do up to ZF with no problem.

What you might want to do, which i did for a little bit, is party with someone lower then your alts (like 1 lvl or same lvl) and have your alts follow that person. This way you can just focus on killing thing and that person will stay out of agro. Best thing is if they are 1 lvl lower then will agro before your alts . I did this for like 7 lvls (had 2 locks and a priest), the down side is that this person told a friend and the friend kept asking me to run them through sm. I told them that i have a full party, they asked if i could do it later and i said if i don't have a full party i will. Anyways, got my guys to lvl 34 which was the same lvl as my pally so i now run with pally and group so never have a free spot. The guy whispers me asking me to run him through i told him i have a full group then he whispers me RUN ME THROUGH NOW. I was like /ignore. What an ass demanding me a run. But anyway try to run your warrior and priest with a pick up random person. That should cut your time in half. You could also charge them per run. What i did was i told the person that i get all drops.
    Aion:
    Azphel
    Dual Sorcerer (Medeia, Meddeia)
    1--------10---------20-x-------30---------40---------50

Wow Horde retired
    Team 1: 1 pally and 4 shamTeam lvl 70
    Team 2: 1 DK and 1 Priest lvl 80

Hi Drizzit!

I only have 2 accounts, so I would probably just have the Rogue and the Warrior. I liked your story :P I could probably just get my guild mates who are also making alts to join a group with me. That way we can all level together when we are not playing our mains and I can PL us through dungeons.

Sound good?
    Im not sure how the group exp works, but from what you said it's better to fill it up

I have found two programs that I am very interested in, but cannot seem to locate any information on them.

Voice Commander and Game Commander.

It would be great to play a warrior and use voice commands for the Priest. Any ideas on this?

But i read that voice commander has keyloggers. :/

[quote='Riiya',index.php?page=Thread&postID=71211#p ost71211]I have found two programs that I am very interested in, but cannot seem to locate any information on them.

Voice Commander and Game Commander.

It would be great to play a warrior and use voice commands for the Priest. Any ideas on this?

But i read that voice commander has keyloggers. :/[/quote][url='http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&postID=71152']
    Voice Commander with 2 Accounts /help[/url]
    Aion:
    Azphel
    Dual Sorcerer (Medeia, Meddeia)
    1--------10---------20-x-------30---------40---------50

Wow Horde retired
    Team 1: 1 pally and 4 shamTeam lvl 70
    Team 2: 1 DK and 1 Priest lvl 80

Well I used my 70 rogue to take my Level 8 (now 9) warrior through the Ragefire Chasm Instance.

I had to run it 3 times to get a complete Level up on the warrior. 16exp per kill.
    Seems a bit slow.

What can I do to impeove the speed etc?
    Sucks to be a rogue because I cannot AoE

I'm not too sure but it might be because he's only level 9.

i believe the closer they are to level of the mobs, the more exp a lowbie gets when grouped with a highbie.
    4x Shamans on Boulderfist Horde.
    <X------X-----25---30-----40----50----60------70>
    Stoned in the process.

Hmm.

Yeah. I have been reading up that the exp would be better if I added a few more random people to the group.

However, I am beginning to think that using a rogue for boosting is kinda teh suck. It's too slow because you cannot AoE.

I have thought about just having my rogue on /follow or sommat and using him to power through any quest I get.

Anyone do this?

hi guys im new to multi boxin but been boost for 4 years

xp per kill works like this

group average level (5xchars not 100% of this math)

that is then taken against individuale level (this is basic u Vs Mob Level)

so for exaple lv70 (booster) Lv8 (boostie) average level = 68 (-40%xp) RFC

then u have lv8 (boostie) Vs Lv 12 - 16 elite mobs (-10%)

average xp per kill 16 - 20

on and then becuase only 2 chars no group bonus if the above where a lv10 (boosite) xppk would balance out about 25-40

now lets take a Lv70(booster) and 4xLv8(boosites) average lvl is now closer to 30ish still way to high for RFC but its only about 10-20% lose of xppk

the lv8 vs lv10-16 stays the same but now u have a group bonus which is about +10% so ur only loosing the average lvl xp now due to the 70 (booster)

xppk should be around 25-50 now

my math might be a little off due to newer patches (havent boosted any one for ages now)

hope this helps just remember the more ppl in your the group the better the xp and the closer you level to the mobs (1-2 either side) the better

Riiya, I'm dual boxing right now, so here's some tips. I'm in the same boat, I have a level 70 rogue, who's actually pretty lethal, but no AOE, as you've encountered. She can blow through everything up to Scholo with hardly any effort, so i have my lowbies tag along, and it's more work to keep the lowbie far away enough to not aggro than it is killing. Higher than Scholo is a lot touchier as far as aggro and being super careful about pulls.

I've found that it's a LOT faster to just level two toons, questing, than having a 70 stomp all of your exp. The Dreanii and Blood Elf newbie zones are so well made, it's a pretty efficient grind to 20, then when they head off to the higher zones it's pretty quick as well - I used to loath Stranglethorn Vale, now, it's a snap to get through.

I'd say, use your rogue to level the characters through instances when they are level appropriate, for the gear, and quest for the rest. Keep your quest log full at all times, and do every quest you can find - get a leveling guide mod for the most efficient routes. My mage got fully equipped through several Shadowfang Keep and Scarlet Monestary runs, I just did'nt worry about exp, and went for the gear - which made leveling even easier when she went back to running with a lower level character. I run all of the characters through all of the instances the second they can get in, for gear - I have a priest who has a pretty pimpin' set of gear from Gnomer waiting for her, that she can't wear yet. They also get loaded up with cloth and enchanting mats and leather and whatever along the way,and easy quest exp when they can get the quests in the instances.

Or, level up a lock or hunter, and run like this: you don't form a group, you let the lowbie tag, and then the lock's pet or the hunter's makes the kill. The lowbie HAS to tag the mob, or you don't get credit. You also have the hunter or lock's higher skills to deal with bad pulls and pats.

The best use I've found for my rogue, though, is making bank doing dailies, which bankrolls all of my characters (I'm up to 9 now, and will be 3 boxing or more after August).

Also, make a vanity guild, get 20 gold and pay 2g for guild charter sigs, it should'nt take you longer than a day or two hanging out in a major city, especially if you advertise they don't have to stay. Then run your rogue through dailies to buy bank slots - trust me, with dual boxing, your bags and bank slots will fill up FAST - and it makes transferring items from character to character a lot easier, no more mail delay from different accounts, and paying for repairs through guild funds is just too cool to not have, or having to log on and off different toons looking for cloth or items.
    Prot Pally • Destro Lock • Holy Priest • Boomkin • Arcane Mage

Heroic Bosses Down: Moorabi • Kologorn • Ormorock • Prince Keleseth • Eck