Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 24

Default [WoW-Melee] How the hell did I miss this one? Tauren have a longer melee range.

This might not be news to some of you but it was news to me and perhaps will be news to some others. So I heard a rumor a few days ago that Tauren have a longer melee range than all the other classes since they have larger bodies. Having tried out an experiment with a Gnome, Dwarf, and Male Draenei and finding out that they all have the exact same melee range I was unconvinced that Tauren had a longer melee range than the other classes as clearly a Male Draenei would a longer melee range than a Gnome if this were true right? So I dismissed it as a rumor.

However, tonight after I had finished boosting my new Warrior team through SM I decided to take a break from that bore and level up my weapon skills in tanaris just for the hell of it having my BE pally tank mobs while my warriors and shaman wail away on the tanked mob. Well anyways since I have both a female Orc Warrior and a Male Tauren warrior I tested the rumor out and holy crap its true! The tauren were definitely hitting from farther away than my orc. I tried several times under different situations just to make sure it wasn't lag or some BS but it held true every time.

I wanted to be 100% certain it was true before I posted it up here on these forums so I went digging and found...

Go to Post # 130 by Tharfor (2nd line)

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....109395&sid=130

I also found this SS...

This is a pic from pre 2.3. The tooltip simply reads as "Melee range" today while back then it clearly showed that Tauren did in fact have a "9 yd range" on their melee abilites. Having played alliance for the past 3 years I never realized this

ANYWAYS...

So wtf is my point and what does this have to do with melee multi-boxing?

My point is having Tauren as your followers and a smaller character as your main, such as my BE paladin, it is much easier to get my followers into range then when I had my 4th tauren warrior leading the way. After grinding for about 30 mins. with my paladin leading the way I barely even had to reposition if the mobs actually moved on me. This is not to say that melee multi-boxing isn't doable with classes with the same melee range but damn this is very nice! It's also not to say you'll never have to reposition but after personally getting use to using a group that all had a 5 yd melee range then going to a set-up with followers having a 9 yd melee range while the mob is only 5 yds from my main it's a noticeble difference

Unfornately there are really only 2 classes that will benefit from this, Tauren Warrior and Tauren Enhancement shaman. As it turns out Feral forms have a 5 yd melee range even for Tauren not the 8-9 yds that their humanoid forum has, so tauren feral druids followers won't get the same benefit. However if you want to use a Tauren feral druid as a tank and have Tauren melee followers you should still be able to get the same benefit out of that set-up

So to sum up, if you don't care what race your warrior or shaman followers are in a melee group you might want to consider choosing tauren as the followers for this very reason! On another note you might NOT want to have a tauren as your main in a melee group, unless feral druid, if the rest are anything but tauren as that will only increase the /follow distance problem with melee groups!

Edit: Updated picture info.

Default RE: [WoW-Melee] How the hell did I miss this one? Tauren have a longer melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Tdog',index.php?page=Thread&postID=69310#post6931 0
    This is an old pic from well before BC.
    Lies!

Someone's selling The Night Watchman in /2!

:P

Nice post though. I didn't know about the different melee ranges. I'm surprised Blizz haven't nerfed that one to hell and back in their efforts to normalise all the character out of the game.
    [align=center]1--------10---------20------27--30---------40---------50---------60---------70
    This Multi-Boxer was brought to you by Keyclone
    [/align]

Default RE: RE: [WoW-Melee] How the hell did I miss this one? Tauren have a longer melee range.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Maz',index.php?page=Thread&postID=69313#post69313

This is an old pic from well before BC.
    Lies!

Someone's selling The Night Watchman in /2!

:P

Nice post though. I didn't know about the different melee ranges. I'm surprised Blizz haven't nerfed that one to hell and back in their efforts to normalise all the character out of the game.
    Hmm...well mabye it isn't that old. The person who posted it said it was pre AQ days but meh...either way a blue confirmed it not to mention that you can simply log on and try it out even if someone doubts it.

As for blizzard nerfing it, they gave several reasons in the different threads I looked through which seem to make sense. If you're thinking of a pvp advantage for tauren you have to consider that Tauren have a larger hitbox as well, so basically if a tauren can melee you, you can melee the tauren.

The screenshot is from pre-2.3 as the XP required for L14 is now 12300, not 12900.

Anyone else think that EU WoW should be measured in meters, not yards? :P

Also just noticed the level 70 tauren druid in level 70 outland gear right in front of the warrior LOL

Quote Originally Posted by 'Stabface',index.php?page=Thread&postID=69317#post 69317
    The screenshot is from pre-2.3 as the XP required for L14 is now 12300, not 12900.
    Your WoW-nerd is stronger than my WoW-nerd!
    [align=center]1--------10---------20------27--30---------40---------50---------60---------70
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by 'Stabface',index.php?page=Thread&postID=69317#post 69317
    Anyone else think that EU WoW should be measured in meters, not yards? :P
    yes!!! ^^
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70---------80
    Kaiya, Ðeceased, Deceased, Decaesed, Deceasead, Deceasaed

does this work for tauren druids in there bear and cat forms also ??
    Duel boxing Warrior/Priest :: Laughing Skull EU

Quote Originally Posted by 'rooh010',index.php?page=Thread&postID=69335#post6 9335
    Feral forms have a 5 yd melee range even for Tauren
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by 'rooh010',index.php?page=Thread&postID=69335#post6 9335
    Unfortunately no. If you read through the thread I posted you'll see that the topic of discussion was the supposed "Tauren feral form melee range bug" that many tauren druids felt that there was a bug and that their melee range in cat form was shorter than NE cat form. The fact was as the blizzard poster mentioned that it infact was not a but, but that
    The Tauren character model has a larger attack range than other humanoid models; the feral form models do not benefit from this as the feral form is no longer a Tauren. Simply put: when you shapeshift to a smaller form (feral), you will need to get closer in order to attack – this is not a bug.
    However while a tauren druid follower wouldn't receive the increased melee attack range you could have a tauren druid as a main and a tauren warrior or enhancement shaman as followers and the set-up would still recieve the overall benefit.