Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 15

Default 1 PC, 1 mouse, 1 monitor, 2 WoW instances, making click healing work!

Ok, I've been trying to scour the internet to find some way of achieving click healing. Yes, I know that it's totally feasible to heal your group using a good macro setup with your healer as one of the slaves and your warrior tank as your main. However, how do you heal multigroup encounters while main tanking and controlling a slave priest? Right, it gets stupid. So I think we really need to figure this out!

The basic idea is that you use 2 instances of wow on the same PC, at the same exact window positions with one account overlapping the other. Each would have the UI placed exactly the same way. For instance, you could have the addon Grid installed and have it in exactly the same location on both characters so it lines up perfectly, one right under the other. Then all we need is a way for the mouse click at a specific location to pass through to the other instance of wow, and click healing addons would work fine.

So, I could configure clique on my priest to = shift+right click would cast greater heal on a specific unitframe. I would configure grid exactly the same on both my warrior and the priest. I would configure shift+right click to be broadcast to both accounts. Then, while tanking on my warrior, I could simply mouseover a unit on Grid, shift+right click on the warrior, and since the priest's grid is directly underneath, the mouse click would pass through to him and activate the greater heal.

There MUST be some way of achieving this. On a single PC, best i can tell, mouse location is preserved. From this browser window, to wow, to the desktop.. no matter what app is in the foreground, the mouse remains in the same position. So shouldn't it be feasible to somehow pass this exact same location to the application UNDER another? I know the functionality is out there as I have discovered apps which allow you to "ghost" click through one app to one underlaying beneath it. The problem is it involves transpercy which totally crashs the 3d rendering for WoW and basically blackscreens your wow instance. There has got to be some program out there that can pass a mouse click at x,y to whatever applications are under it. Or could this be a function that could be added to keyclone?

I understand that many of the people here have elaborate setups involving multiple monitors, multiple PCs, or what have you, but if someone, anyone, can help me solve this it would go leaps and bounds in making dual boxing a FAR more enjoyable experience for me. Playing a main tank and healing a raid should be doable, but it seems beyond the scope of party 1-5 macros.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions or comments. Hell, if this could be programmed into Keyclone I'd easily pay for the cost all over again, it's that valuable!

This guy here seems to be thinking of something similar. [Keyclone] Feature Request - Mouse coordinates keymap thingy

there is something, but it was put on hold while i worked on v1.8j

now that v1.8j is out and people are happier... i will be finishing up the new feature and pushing it out for the next release. hopefully that will address your needs

That makes me sooo excited! Can you elaborate at all on what it will specifically do? Pretty please?!

patience, grasshopper... patience

Quote Originally Posted by 'dariuslloyd',index.php?page=Thread&postID=69104#p ost69104
    There has got to be some program out there that can pass a mouse click at x,y to whatever applications are under it.
    Yes, HotkeyNet can do that.
    �Author of HotkeyNet and Mojo

I would love to see something similar but not locked into mouse location. Perhaps if there was a way to make buttons on WoW1 that actually click buttons on the WoW2 screen without affecting WoW1. Maybe a separate bar on the first account that you click which activate keys in the other account. That would be nice. I wish I could program my nostromo N52 to work with only ONE WoW windows as I found it so much easier to use this for a 2nd account on a 2nd PC and just map macros and F keys for quick selection and healing without even looking at the other PC. Currently using the NumPad works but the lack of button is very annoying!

With HotkeyNet, you can (for example) put the cursor on a certain location in one WoW, press a hotkey, and HotkeyNet will generate a mouse click in one or more other WoW's at the corresponding locations in their windows but not in the foreground WoW where you positioned the cursor. The WoW's that get clicked can be covered by other windows, and they can be on other PCs.

You can do various things of this sort -- this is just an example.

Mr.Freddie,

I seem to be having a little issue with this. I have managed to succesfully accomplish most of what I am trying to do. The only problem I have run into is getting the program to recognize a mouseclick as the hotkey mainkey. Im trying to do shift+right mouse button, which doesnt seem to register. If i change it to shift+A, it succesfully will do the operation on the background window, got that all taken care of no problem. It's just a matter of making it recognize the mousebutton as a hotkey.

Thanks!

Mr. Darius,

You sure scoped this out quick! The reason you can't use a mouse button to trigger the action is because I haven't gotten around yet to writing the part of the program that will react to mouse buttons used as triggers. In the current build, you have to trigger the action from the keyboard, as you've noticed.

Is it useful this way or do you absolutely need to trigger it with the mouse?