Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Crowd control /polymorph focus selection from your main

I posted this on anoher thread, but I think people missed it or didn't realise how nice this is:
    It allows my brain to set the focus of my mage alts for cc from the brain window and then cast polymorph from the brain window without leaving my brains window
    So for me it like having a Pally with 3 seamless CCs

I'm making use of the targettarget approach to macros that Zzyzxx71 suggested in this thread: Oooh new assist without focus macro!!

my follow macro for the alts (I only put the brain in as it was a quick test):

/target [target=Aztrid];
    /follow

my focus macro on the mage window bound to numpad 1:
    /focus [target=targettarget,exists] target

my sheep macro on the mage window bound to numpad 2:
    /#showtooltip Polymorph
    /cast [target=focus] Polymorph

so I select a target with my brain and hit numpad 1, the mob is now focussed for the mage

I select another mob for dps which is my targettarget

I hit 2 and the mage sheeps the focussed mob and I can then get it to DPS my selected target as it's using targettarget NOT focustarget.

I never once left the brains' window I've found this to be very quick when things go pear shaped, it's great not to have to click over to the mage screen and lose valuable seconds trying to select a mob from a slightly different pov for cc when all hell is breaking loose.

<edited for clarity>

Default RE: Crowd control /polymorph focus selection from your main

Quote Originally Posted by 'Simulacra',index.php?page=Thread&postID=68327#pos t68327
    /target [target=Aztrid];
    /follow
    Why not just do
    /follow Aztrid?
    <Sign of Sorrow>
    Runetotem EU
    Level 96 Unholy Deathknight - Unholy Deathknight
    Level 90 Protection Paladin - Elemental Shaman - Elemental Shaman - Elemental Shaman - Restoration Shaman
    Level 71-76 Guardian Druid - Frost Mage - Destruction Warlock - Beast Mastery Hunter - Discipline Priest

Default RE: RE: Crowd control /polymorph focus selection from your main

Quote Originally Posted by 'Chranny',index.php?page=Thread&postID=68396#post6 8396
    Quote Originally Posted by 'Simulacra',index.php?page=Thread&postID=68327#pos t68327
    /target [target=Aztrid];
    /follow
    Why not just do
    /follow Aztrid?
    because you need to set your main as your target for everything to work - read the post that's linked in the OP about targeting

Default RE: Crowd control /polymorph focus selection from your main

my focus macro on the mage window bound to numpad 1:
    /focus [target=targettarget,exists] target
    The priceless part of this post. Im still catching on to this whole new approach of using the [target=targettarget], but it looks really promising.

I read this post 3 times before I really understood the significance of your macro. Your first macro was misleading:

/target [target=Aztrid];
    /follow

The application would really be like below (I know you where just demonstrating proof of concept):

/target [target=Aztrid, nodead]; [target=Toon 2, nodead]; [target=Toon 3, nodead]; [target=Toon 4, nodead]; [target=Aztrid]
    /follow

I only bring this up because I've been trying to figure out how to work this and I ended up dropping this approach because I thought I'd need a new focus macro for each leader.

The big break through with this macro is that its the first time I have seen the possibility of seemless transition when your main dies (just respam your follow) AND the ability to set focus independently for each toon using 1 macro regardless of who is leader. (ie.. num1= toon1 focus, num2=toon2 focus => 1 macro for polymorph focus and two targets are sheeped, simply BRILLIANT!)

In application you can know keybind each toons polymorph to 1 button. And create a keybind for each toons focus, the toons that dont have a focus wont polymorph and those that do will. This might seem obvious to some, but for those that missed it the first time, its multiboxing CC game changing.

Nice post BTW.

[align=center]5-boxing - Paladin, Shaman, 3x Mages[/align]
    WC-20,VC-25,SFK-25,BFD-27,Stk-27,RFK-29,Gnm-31,SM (G-32,L-34,A-35,C-36),RFD-41,ULD-42,ZF-46,Mar(O-47, P-48, I-48],ST-52,BRD-54,62,LBRS-62,Strt-63,DM-63,Paly Mt Qt-63, Schl-63
    HR-63,BF-64,SP-64(2/3)68(3/3),UB-68,MT-67,AC-0/2,Seth-1/2,SH-1/4

I use focus for my spell targeting... so what i do is same idea. numpad 1 mage 1 has /assist focus numpad 2 mage 2 has /assist focus numpad 3 mage 3 has /assist focus... numpad 4 sheeps... so now i just use my /cast [target=focustarget] Fireball to dps down my paladins target. Long as you never lose your target on your noob toons you're golden.