Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default AoC Class selection, need some advice

To anyone who has played the game, i'm on the fence on choosing a Necro or Demonoligist...

Necro summons demons to do his bidding, and uses ice spells from what i can tell...
    Demonoligist gets one pet and seems to have a wider range of spells from what i'm reading...

Anyone played either of these classes and can give me a little heads up? i'm at work right now and the game is sitting at home and i can't play it yet so i'm just trying to do a little research to save some time.

Let them hate, as long as they fear.

Everythings still new. I played a necro to 10 and thought it was pretty cool. There are too many pets and different things you can mess around with your pets for me to pass up the versatility. There are some good writeups of necro PvP tactics post 20.

But personally, I chose a Priest of Mitra, because having a healer in AoC completely shifts the tide of the battle. As in, a team with a Priest of Mitra will almost never lose to one without. AE knockback + AE fear = too much CC for an enemy team to deal with before 1 or more of their DPS dies.
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

My brother has a level 40 necro and has already rerolled. Basically Necro's are badass in pve... but pretty poor in pvp. If you plan on doing pvp later, I'd go with a demo

frick! i should have come back and read this before i started grinding all weekend...anyways i got my necro to lvl 25 so far and he's pretty cool, gotsome cool spells and pets, alot of dots, but one of the coolest parts is i can walk into a lowbie zone and do a hella aoe spell that will kill mobs and summon their souls and trap them as little floating heads and they are my pets then for a time.

I had like 13 pets at once, 3 minions (zombies pretty much) 2 frozen hatred (the big ice guy that hits like a truck) and 8 floating heads, it was cool and people were like wooh! WTF! it was like i was boxing in the barrens again from all the comments i got lol

But you are right though, as far as pvp, necros suck, at least for now but i'm waiting for lichdom, or the undead army so i can wipe out people in a single spell. But melee runs through me at the moment, and rangers are friggen over powered as hell

Let them hate, as long as they fear.

Two Tempest of Set work well so far,nice aoe spell x2 is very nice for fast killing, decent armor+sheild is also nice

right now im running 1 demo and 1 tempest of set. once i get my 4 other computers upgraded i want to run 1 demo and 5 tempest of set

the AOE damage on the sets lightning is well amazing. and thoes idols of set great until they fix the recast time. its like having a searing totem, wrath totem, and mana totem all in 1. at level 38 i get back 41 mana per tick per totem. and when you drop 10 on the ground it just chews mobs up a few levels higher then you.
    Earthen Ring US Horde Zakur level 80 Rogue

5 level 70 mages -------------------------------------------------5 level 80 shaman (finished heroic UK)
    Zakula, Fonda, Joorboom, Gonnabe, Zerluda-----------------Zakkula, Afonda,Bafonda,Cafonda,Dafonda