Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Advice: New Rig

Default Advice: New Rig

Hi guys!

Like most i'm a seasoned wow addict (2 old school rank 14s, yes I know, no life), but have only recently discovered multi-boxing. I'm currently up and running using a software solution with 5 accounts X 1 box. But as I progress, i'm starting to getting the usual lag in the major cities so i'm looking to upgrade to a hardware solution. I have set a personal cap of $1,200 for new hardware (PC/monitors only, not including KVM, boards, mice, etc.). I have designed a "super rig" that could run all 5 and just box up my currenty rig . That rig is :

http://secure.newegg.com/Shopping/Sh...mit=ChangeItem

With a new 19' monitor and vistaX64 it will cost a little under $1,200. Plan with this rig would be to use dual monitors, main on main, alts on the 19.

My second option would be to go with a rig that will just run the 4 alts and use my current rig to run my main. Question here is, based on the above link, what could I downgrade with the goal of just being able to run 4 wows.

3rd option would be to go with 2 basic rigs, each running 2 accounts.. again question here is based on that link, would could I downgrade and just run 2 each.

All in all i'm looking for the solution that will give me the best FPS and not go above the financial cap. I have read on here about basic rigs running around 400-500 bucks but I did not know which areas to sacrifice. For the experience hardware boxers, do you have a link to a rig you built that was designed to run just 1 wow (bare bones)?

Thanks for the help!

Lots o' empty shopping cart loving.....
    Norgannon
    Paladin x 1 - Level 70
    Paladin x 4 - Level 26
    Shaman x 4 - Level 70
    Warlock x 1 - Level 62
    Warlock x 4 - Level 10
    Hunter x 1 Level 15
    Hunter x 4 Level 10

I tried to find a copy of my newegg cart link but I don't think I've posted it on the forums, just IRC lol; when I get home I'll pull it outta my email and post if I remember
    Not Currently Boxing
    IRC Excerpt:
    Drayth> Finish this set: Spaceturkey Lazurturkey Moonturkey Starturkey - and no, don't say Sunturkey.
    Fursphere> Moonturkey? Drayth> Look at #3...lol - Fursphere> damnit...Starturkey?
    Fursphere> FUCK. - Drayth> lol... * Fursphere gets on the failboat

Change it to a 8800GTS and you have the same rig I do except for 4GB less RAM.
    Norgannon
    Paladin x 1 - Level 70
    Paladin x 4 - Level 26
    Shaman x 4 - Level 70
    Warlock x 1 - Level 62
    Warlock x 4 - Level 10
    Hunter x 1 Level 15
    Hunter x 4 Level 10

Quote Originally Posted by 'Sarduci',index.php?page=Thread&postID=66303#post6 6303
    Change it to a 8800GTS and you have the same rig I do except for 4GB less RAM.
    Yea i'm leaning towards getting this rig, instead of 2 smaller ones. Only drawback on this setup is the mobo. Unless i'm missing something it only has 1 X16 slot. So I would not be able to put in 2 8800's and run 4 monitors (later on down the road)

Sorry to bump the thread but i'm looking to order the parts for the new rig this week. Is there anyone available via aim to help me out? ( I can't get on IRC at work).

Thanks in advance!