Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 43

well, you dont have any other use for earth totem besides earthbind so you can just drop 4-5 tremors. That many tremors will dispel any fear under 1-2 seconds
    Coffee Resurrects.

Ok, but how to drop when you are feared on all 5?

Can only trinket every 2 minutes.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US

Well I have a 70 draenei shaman who is pretty well gear and can put out some massive burst damage and even then his lightning bolts crit for 3-3.5k so image 5 of those. I guess how I see it is at 70 you will need gear to be decent and being limited to mostly pvp it's going to take awhile to collect a decent set. Also as a tauren anyone gets close and all you need to do is warstomp to get some distance or just to get off a cast.
    Every combo has its advantages and disadvantages so it's hard to decide..

One question though.. you can dot without facing the person can't you? I guess thats a huge problem for a shaman if you have someone running in circles around you.

Yes, dots can be cast no matter what direction you are facing.

Same with priest heals.

Don't expect to do much melee damage with elemental shammys.... and they don't have wands.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Magtheridon - US

My shammies are 48 and have cleared pretty much every instance so far (Princess in Mara is a pain so far though, have yet to down her but she is lvl 51 :-) ). They are all elemental (with a little enhancement) and they tend to steal aggro from each other while fighting so spreading the damage isn't too bad and the 5 x healing totems is most welcome.

But....mana is becoming a problem in boss fights so I generally start off meleeing until about 75% and then start with spells if I know if I'm in for a longish fight.

I'm really, really hoping the upcoming shaman review (2.3 possibly) will sort a lot of the mana problems out although it looks like it might be more an enhancement review.

I'm on a PVE server though so PVP isn't a prime consideration for me, I plan to do AV and maybe try my hand in arena but I suspect I'll get my butt handed to me in arena a few times until I find my feet!

For PVE though, shammies seem to do quite well, will have to wait and see how heroics go but watching the Xbox vids gives me hope :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Xzin
    Ok, but how to drop when you are feared on all 5?

Can only trinket every 2 minutes.
    I have 70 lvl draenei shammy. So what I did I do? drop totems when I see a char of class which can fear. Basically, a fight starts with position myself somewhere and growing up totem forest.

So when u have 4-5 shamans, you get a position in middle of the battlefield, drop totems and start demolishing everything around totems. 30 yard range talent would be more then useful. After all you drop tremor totem each time you start a fight.
    Coffee Resurrects.

Quote Originally Posted by raylion
    My shammies are 48 and have cleared pretty much every instance so far (Princess in Mara is a pain so far though, have yet to down her but she is lvl 51 :-) ). They are all elemental (with a little enhancement) and they tend to steal aggro from each other while fighting so spreading the damage isn't too bad and the 5 x healing totems is most welcome.

But....mana is becoming a problem in boss fights so I generally start off meleeing until about 75% and then start with spells if I know if I'm in for a longish fight.

I'm really, really hoping the upcoming shaman review (2.3 possibly) will sort a lot of the mana problems out although it looks like it might be more an enhancement review.

I'm on a PVE server though so PVP isn't a prime consideration for me, I plan to do AV and maybe try my hand in arena but I suspect I'll get my butt handed to me in arena a few times until I find my feet!

For PVE though, shammies seem to do quite well, will have to wait and see how heroics go but watching the Xbox vids gives me hope :-)
    hm, crits restore mana (60% of spellcast mana used) + mana spring. So when u have 70 lvl avg. spellcrit 25% + 15% (17% in case u've got boomkin like I do) from totems of warth, thats 40% crit. Dont tell me it wont keep you at full mana.
    Coffee Resurrects.

Ugh .... but then you become one of these:

Not as mobile as warlocks/priest and certainly not as mobile as mages/priest.

So if things to bad and you get swarmed.. I guess you can run and drop totems but it seems like a drawback to have to dig yourself in in order to fight.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Magtheridon - US

In AV when I did Shammys, I ran out of mana. Of course - buying water and drinking will GREATLY help with that - but I still found myself coming up empty mid fight quite a few times.

And an elemental shammy.... with no mana.... is as good as dead.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Magtheridon - US

Quote Originally Posted by Xzin
    Ugh .... but then you become one of these:

Not as mobile as warlocks/priest and certainly not as mobile as mages/priest.

So if things to bad and you get swarmed.. I guess you can run and drop totems but it seems like a drawback to have to dig yourself in in order to fight.
    so true, u become less mobile but thats not actually stops you. It takes like 3 seconds to place needed totems and start the fight. If u see enemies incoming, you dig yourself with all kind of totems which takes 6 seconds roughly and become very tough

if things go bad, you just drop tremors and earthbinds, poison cleansing if a rogue attacks and escape, throwing 1.5 sec cast chain lightnings and FROSTSHAWK!'s. Then you stop, spend 2 seconds on totem placing and become siege tank
    Coffee Resurrects.