Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Mage AoE targeting problems

Hey all. Quick question. When boxing with mages, how does one target areas of effect utlizing spells like Flamestrike, Blizzard, Etc. on mutliple instances across machines? Im using keyclone and mutliplicity for software across two PC's. I havent tried it yet nor know how. lol Thanks.
    5 Boxing - 1 Paladin + 3 Mages + 1 Priest currently 70
    Aceoftanks...Aceofclubs...Aceofspadezz...Aceofdiam ond...Fiveofakind of Arthas

5Boxing - 5 troll Shaman (how Original) 70

Shambox...Shamcox...Shamdox...Shameox...shamfox... Of Magtheridon :thumbsup:

keyclone will have mouse click passing... technically had it before, but it worked like crap with wow, so i removed it.

once it's working better, it'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by keyclone
    keyclone will have mouse click passing... technically had it before, but it worked like crap with wow, so i removed it.

once it's working better, it'll be back.
    As I am running Pally + Mage^2 I'd be more than happy to help test. Especially since I can provide a vista point of view .
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

I use a single wireless mouse, multiple receivers, the same resolution on each client and 1 client per PC.

I also have a custom made UI mod that resyncs viewports automatically when I enter combat.

You can also resync manually by pulling to a totally vertical view.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US

The ghetto-fabulous way I do it is hit the shared blizzard key, then rapidly flip around between the monitors targeting and casting. Since it's just a mouse position and click it happens pretty fast. With improved blizzard you can still chew through mobs pretty good even though the cast isn't simultaneous. Multibox's mouse sharing doesnt work for me at all in terms of identical cursor positioning. Haven't been worried about doing this enough to invest in a hardware solution.
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A bird will fall frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Nice Setup Xzin. Im not using that many PC's but sounds darn cool. Maybe in the future when i can explain to my wife about 5 boxes running lol!! OUCH
    5 Boxing - 1 Paladin + 3 Mages + 1 Priest currently 70
    Aceoftanks...Aceofclubs...Aceofspadezz...Aceofdiam ond...Fiveofakind of Arthas

5Boxing - 5 troll Shaman (how Original) 70

Shambox...Shamcox...Shamdox...Shameox...shamfox... Of Magtheridon :thumbsup:

Xzin, any chance you would be willing to share that mod for syncing the viewport? If you need a place to host it I would be glad to do so.

If you would rather contact me via e-mail, it's zanthor at gmail dot com. Even without the hardware multicast it would make it a lot easier for me to target on the one box... mouse move - click click, mouse move click click would do it nicely.

Thanks,
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

I've used this before with AHK.. it's not perfect but it worked. I would hit a key so all clients were in the same camera view and then hit CTRL-z to do the aoe. Each client needs to be maximized as AHK won't send to minimized windows

~^z::
    keyWait, ^, z
    IfWinActive, World of Warcraft
    {
    MouseGetPos, x, y
    ControlSend,, {Ctrl down}z{Ctrl up}, ahk_id %wowid1%
    ControlClick Xx Yy, ahk_id %wowid1%
    ControlSend,, {Ctrl down}z{Ctrl up}, ahk_id %wowid2%
    ControlClick Xx Yy, ahk_id %wowid2%
    Return
    }

Still hoping to talk Xzin out of the camera alignment mod...

PM me and lets talk. I will probably share it.
    The Zins - 10 Boxing
    Xzin, Azin, Bzin, Czin, Dzin
    Xyzin, Ayzin, Byzin, Cyzin, Dyzin
    Magtheridon - US