Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default New to multi boxing, need advice on class setup.

Gday,

I'm about to start 5 boxing and my plan is to use the 5 classes that I don't already have at 70, then eventually transfer them over to my main account. The classes I'm looking at using are: Paladin, Mage, Priest, Shaman, Druid.

I just have a few questions to ask. First of all, I could use some advice on specs. My current plan for questing is to have Ret Pall, Frost Mage, Shadowpriest, Ele Shammy and Balance Druid.

For instancing I was leaning toward having the same setup, but with a prot pally and Holy Priest, or Resto Druid.

If there is some obvious combination that would work well that I'm missing, please let me know. I was just leaning toward having the priest as the healer because it has AoE heals.

My second question relates to which character I should be controlling, and which should be set to follow. Since the pally is melee I was thinking that it would be best to have him as my main character, but in alot of videos that I have seen the healer as being the main character.

I dunno, I'm very new to all of this, so any feedback and/or help is muchly appreciated.

Cheers.

In my personal opinion the paladin would best be Holy, but otherwise thats an amazing set up really.
    Melee classes have a tough time with Multi-Boxing because they face the target when attacking, which would cause them to stop following.
    The bad thing about that in a set up like that would be that you have all casters, and then a ret paladin, unless of course the ret paladin was your main toon.
    holy paly:Concentration Aura & Wisdom
    Frost Mage: Snares & slowing targets
    Shadowpriest: Dots & once higher mana/health battery
    Ele shammy: Totems & Chain Lightning
    Bal druid: 5% Crit rating.
    Only cons to this would be the fact that you have a load of different spells with different cast times.
    But I'd like to see how it turns out ^_^
    I put 3 points into Improved Blizzard (Rank 3) but the company isn't improving!

Hehe, I'm keen to see how it works out too. I wrote up a big list last night of the most compatible spells and tried to sort out bindings.

So you think the pally should be holy whilst questing/grinding? And should I control him as my main, so in essence I have a healer with 4 casters to back him up on dps? I guess that would make things easier eh?

Thanks for your advice. I'll be sure to keep y'all updated

Even in PvE things get more complicated as you add more classes. People defintely do run groups with 5 different classes, but you might find it pretty rough at first. Personally I think that the prot pally + 4 shammy group is the best way to start out.
    All my codes r belong to you: wow5box

Quote Originally Posted by 'Chorizotarian',index.php?page=Thread&postID=62339 #post62339
    Even in PvE things get more complicated as you add more classes. People defintely do run groups with 5 different classes, but you might find it pretty rough at first. Personally I think that the prot pally + 4 shammy group is the best way to start out.
    All new boxers out there should heed this advice.

Boxing can be fun, but it is a learning curve. If possible, start up with a single or 2 class team. (All mage/shaman/warlock) etc. Get them to level 20. Learn the basics. See what works for you and what doesn't. The name of the game is synergy.
    Cairne - Horde

Am I bot? No. Hold Alt to unlock the clone spell, press F4 for each copy you want.

Yes, for your class setup I agree with choriz for the paladin being protection for atleast 20-30 levels, until you get some decent healing spells/extra dps, after that you can go holy and spam concencrates and holy shield while your dps nukes 5 guys at a time, then if its single targeting have a 2H waiting, and then just keep a 1h and shield for big pulls, if your panning on doing that. Your priest can off heal when needed because you won't have shadow form until 40 I believe.
    I put 3 points into Improved Blizzard (Rank 3) but the company isn't improving!