Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Default Talon King Ikiss...

so a friend needed 3 kills in Seth Halls on monday night to get his prayerbooks and asked me if I could help him quickly so I dropped my priest out and rolled in with his t4 paladin for heals. After the first few kills I decided may as well make a go of it and do the instance for some more faction and drops, plus I'd only ever been here once before so thought I may as well check it out before I start grinding my faction.

Everything went fairly well, apart from me not working out until near the end why I couldn't sheep the time-worn's (damn undead mobs looking like the live ones), even one shotting the first boss with no deaths. Ended up clear to Ikiss and engaged him, moving my casters up to near the right hand pillar just as you enter the room so I could strafe them behind it for the aoe you can los but ran into a few problems with it.

1. Tried running away from all the arcane bolts, gimping my dps and still having health drop
    2. Just before he does the one you can los he would warp over to the casters so I had to run them away from there and into another position asap.

Now thinking about it yesterday I worked out that for #1, having a priest with prayer of mending my be easier than a paladin...and also that because I didn't have my priest I kept forgeting to use my chain heal macro at the same time, since it's mapped to the PoM key.

For #2 though, I started thinking that it might be easier just keeping everyone on follow during the fight rather than doing a spread on entry for the following reasons:

1. Most of his damage is unavoidable so no point worrying about that. Just use PoM + Chain Heal to keep everyone up
    2. Before he does his avoidable aoe he will warp to the second on agro and then begin channelling his spell, which is where you run away. If everyone is grouped and fighting at him, he won't have anywhere to warp to so he will do it and begin channeling for 5 seconds, but this will still be in the center of the room and thus frees up all the pillars as a place to hide.

I won't get the chance to try this again before next week (leveling mining, jc, eng and parents coming down for weekend for mothers day + wedding aniversay) but thought I'd post in case anyone has experience and can give some feedback on if I'm heading in the right direction with my thinking on the tactics for boxing this fight.

Here is what I do to beat that bastard. The problem is his warp to someone before he does the AOE.

What you do is keep all your toons on follow and fight him next to a pillar. With all your toons bunched together you will have plenty of time to LOS his AOE after his warp. He will just warp to the same place he is standing since all your guys are bunched up. I usually throw a chain heal after the AOE to top my guys off and repeat. If you can dispell that helps with his sheeping. Just keep calm and together. Once you do it a few times it will become easy.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

Quote Originally Posted by 'pinotnoir',index.php?page=Thread&postID=61279#pos t61279
    Here is what I do to beat that bastard. The problem is his warp to someone before he does the AOE.

What you do is keep all your toons on follow and fight him next to a pillar. With all your toons bunched together you will have plenty of time to LOS his AOE after his warp. He will just warp to the same place he is standing since all your guys are bunched up. I usually throw a chain heal after the AOE to top my guys off and repeat. If you can dispell that helps with his sheeping. Just keep calm and together. Once you do it a few times it will become easy.
    Cool, so exactly what I said then

Good to know I'm on the right track, need too many drops off him to not come up with a workable plan for killing him.

I do the same thing also. As soon as I get out od line of sight I start my chain heal. That way it hits right after the aoe.

You can LOS the AOE by hiding behind a pillar? mother f'er! I was grinding Sethekk Halls from lvl 67-70 on my shamans and I tried this guy 3 times before telling myself that it was not worth it. I need to go back there and own his ass.
    5 Shamans - lvl 70
    Xxearth, Xxfire, Xxwind, Xxwater, Xxheart
    Capnplanet - Bank alt

its still a bit tricky gallo, its a bit nerfwrecking, you need to walk out fast otherwise your last toon will be hit bythe explosion.

btw when he pops the aoe, drop down a seering totem, this way your heal doesnt get first agro, but that totem saves a bit of time (more handy with 4shammys + tank char ofc but still)

i do what everyone else is doing. Fight him right next to the pillar, have all toons on follow, run around the pillar when he aoe's. Priest AOE-heal when he does that group arcane-bolt-thing. It doesn't hurt taht i have killed the guy at least 30 times (used to stealth-run him on normal and heroic with 2x druids, 1 feral 1 resto. This was before they nerfed stealth runs by giving the first boss stealth-seeing.) Not sure if you can purge his damage shield... anyone know?

Nice posts about a strategy that works.

So if one just happened to crave one of his heroic-mode drops... is it even feasible?

I know Heroic Sethek is a mess even with 5 "normal" (meaning individually played) toons - anyone had any success at all boxing it?
    10-boxing Alliance Sargeras and Kil'jaeden

Just looked up the fight on WoWWiki to see how different it is between the two modes. Seems the only difference for heroic is he puts out more damage so as long as you can heal through it the tactic should stay the same and work as effectively.

With my warrior and resto shammy I can pretty much eat all of his AEs, but theyre both pretty buff far as survivability goes. Since you probably need to avoid the AEs in order to survive, I would say the best way to do that would be to keep all clones on follow and fight the boss near a pillar so that when he teleports, you know exactly where he is going to go and exactly where to position your clones on the other side of the pillar, and you can rinse-repeat, running around the pillar when he AE's till he's dead. Sheep is no prob unless he sheeps your priest and he can just have on pvp trinket for that and be ok. I know I couldn't eat his AE on heroic mode, I would have to certainly use this tactic.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rius&n=Content

Ticondrius!!!---> 70: Content(warr main), using warr mage rogue shadow priest resto druid 5. (learning process
    :S )

Vaya Con Dios