Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Default Awesome, some guy lies to Blizzard, and gets owned :)

Cruising through the customer service forums looking for anti-MB trolls, I found this diamond of a thread! Read the posts by the OP and the blue responses.
    Guarantee, you'll start hearing some sound effects from Unreal Tournament by page 2-3

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...14101970&sid=1

This is epic.
    <Lunatic Rising> Fenris (Horde) US, PVE

5x Shamans: Khazarel, Khazrael, Khazrela, Khazreal, Khazeral

1x Paladin: Rhaeryn, 1x Priest: Valyon, 1x Druid: Thaedyn, 1x Mage: Runare, 1x Hunter: Alef

Now you see why I <3 Belfaire.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

Quote for those of us behind firewalls?(Hey I'm not the only one just the first to ask ;) ) [/brokenrecord]
    Not Currently Boxing
    IRC Excerpt:
    Drayth> Finish this set: Spaceturkey Lazurturkey Moonturkey Starturkey - and no, don't say Sunturkey.
    Fursphere> Moonturkey? Drayth> Look at #3...lol - Fursphere> damnit...Starturkey?
    Fursphere> FUCK. - Drayth> lol... * Fursphere gets on the failboat

Whats funny is the guy just keeps trying to hold the facade. At some point you have to realize that you're attempt failed, and in trying to recover on it you're only making yourself look worse.

1x Paladin: Rhaeryn, 1x Priest: Valyon, 1x Druid: Thaedyn, 1x Mage: Runare, 1x Hunter: Alef

OP:
    Recently my account was victim of a rather strange incident. I left my house leaving my wallet and nephew at home due to an untimely emergency. when i returned home i found that my nephew had used my information saved on MY computer that my browser auto-saved to log into my worldofwarcraft.com/account screen and transfer my level 70 Warrior who was on Aegwynn (pvp) to Rexxar (pve). He wanted me to play with him but took it a little too far.

So. ive disputed the charge made aginst my bank account and went through the whole account recovery process and blizzard still says that they are unable to reverse my transfer even though after talking to numerous people on the phone i was told that account admins COULD revert pvp to pve transfers if made fraudently.

So, imo if you want to move just dispute your charge after you move... if blizzard dosent care about real unauthorized account activity i dont see why they would think any different about fake activity either.
    First Blue Post:
    Okay, so.

We're more than happy to reverse unauthorized transfers; the rep you spoke with was correct in that regard. What perhaps wasn't extrapolated was that we require some form of hard evidence, or at least reasonable doubt, via our internal tools to make this ruling. Your transfer fit, roughly, none of these parameters.

To recap, where "the perpetrator" is the initiator of the transfer in question:

• The perpetrator was able to access your account.
    • The perpetrator had access to your previously-used credit card.
    • The perpetrator initiated the transfer from your home computer.

Now, it would have to be a pretty big coincidence that it was still an illegitimate transfer with these facts in mind--but, I wasn't ready to doubt its plausibility completely just yet.

But, then--

Let's make another list.

• Just prior to the transfer, you spoke with a few guildmates (who were account sharing, by the way--bad news!) about transferring to Rexxar, with people confirming with you that that was the destination realm. One of them requested you call them to confirm.
    • Your transfer coincided with a number of other guildmates transferring to Rexxar, just as indicated above.
    • Upon arrival, you announced to your friends that you had finally transferred and immediately started doing Shattered Sun Offensive dailies.
    • You lamented the raiding guilds on Aegwynn while applying for new guilds on Rexxar.
    • Two days after transferring, you requested that your recently-purchased Vanir's Left Fist of Savagery be refunded.
    • Not a word was ever spoken to anyone about this transfer being against your will.

See what I mean about it being tough to verify?
    That's the real meat of it. It continues on from there, but I won't post the whole thread in here.

[Edit]Added some formatting in an attempt to make things clearer[/Edit]

It never ceases to amaze me how people try to spoof Blizzard when there are so many perfect demonstrates of the depth of their tracking and audit ability. They always seem to know exactly what a given player did, said, to whom, and when at any point in history.
    [align=center][/align]

Rofl, uber-pwnt. Mind posting the OP's followup responses? They've got to be rich :p
    Not Currently Boxing
    IRC Excerpt:
    Drayth> Finish this set: Spaceturkey Lazurturkey Moonturkey Starturkey - and no, don't say Sunturkey.
    Fursphere> Moonturkey? Drayth> Look at #3...lol - Fursphere> damnit...Starturkey?

This just goes to show Blizz can check and look up everything you type in game so if you don't want anybody to know what you are saying then don't type in in wow because it can be found.
    5x Druid - Norgannon PvE US - Horde

Makes you think about those people who cyber on RP servers doesn't it? Bunch of pervs at blizz perusing those logs... ;)
    Not Currently Boxing
    IRC Excerpt: