Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default Poll: 5 Box Setup

Heya. I have 4 Shamans on Alliance.

I have to get rid of one, cause its account name differs from my own (I know now, I didnt when I started)

SO, my question is, should I lvl 2 more Shamans, to make an even team of 5 Shamans, or a Pally and a Shaman, for ease of 5 man content including Heroics.

Anybody who has one of these setups pls chime in, im interested to hear your thoughts and if you could reroll whether you would do the same.

Here is where I am at:

A Paladin would be nice, id go prot obviously, and it would provide great buffs for the group on heroic content, as well as in Kara etc etc

Another Shaman would make it a lot easier to get PvP gear on that toon, as a prot pally isn't worth much in arenas / BG's.

Do you guys with 5 shamans find heroics have a ceiling you hit where not having a tank is absolutely detrimental? or can you suffice without too much trouble.
    Do you guys with a prot pally find your tank doesn't tank as well as you thought and maybe another DPS would be just fine?

If heroics is your overall goal... it is POSSIBLE to do a lot of the content with 5x shamans, but not all. There are a handful of encounters that simply need a real tank. That being said, 1 pally + 4 shamans is still good if you want to PVP... just drop the pally and go in with 4

My primary goal is PVP with a limited amount of Heroic badge farming... so 5x shamans is good for me.
    5 Shamans - lvl 70
    Xxearth, Xxfire, Xxwind, Xxwater, Xxheart
    Capnplanet - Bank alt

Having a Prot Pally buys you time to handle chaotic PvE situations better so you can learn from it and do it more efficient next time around.
    Sanctume [Paladin] + [Team Shaman] Sanctumea + Sanctumei + Sanctumeo

I'm gonna throw an idea in from left field. How about two druids?

Watch MrLonghair's Moonkin PVP videos. They basically consist of two prowling cat-form druids sneaking up on some poor sod and popping into caster form for some Moonfire spammage. It looks like a blast! So if I were you, I'd level up two balance druids and then respec them as one feral tanking spec and one resto spec.
    [align=center]1--------10---------20------27--30---------40---------50---------60---------70
    This Multi-Boxer was brought to you by Keyclone
    [/align]

Like you, I had started out with 5 shaman and was using my nephews account for the 5th. I then read all the posts about acnt sharing and started a new acnt.. this time with a paly. I am glad i went that way, I can use the paly and my mage to boost future alts. And I can use the pal to tank for my current 70s ( 2xhunter,mage,priest ) But as soon as hes geared enough to run a few of the easier heroic, I will level my 5th shaman with my 3 noob hunters 8)
    Currently 5 Boxing 5 Protection Paladins on Whisperwind Alliance
    The Power of Five!!! ( short video )

Quote Originally Posted by Maz',index.php?page=Thread&postID=58955#post58955]I'm gonna throw an idea in from left field. How about two druids?

Watch [url='http://www.dual-boxing.com/forums/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=6131
    MrLonghair's Moonkin PVP videos[/url]. They basically consist of two prowling cat-form druids sneaking up on some poor sod and popping into caster form for some Moonfire spammage. It looks like a blast! So if I were you, I'd level up two balance druids and then respec them as one feral tanking spec and one resto spec.
    Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear, I need at least a Shaman. 4 Shamans is still my Arena group and I will continue to run them like that. I have a druid, and I have done Moonkin PvP multiboxing, it was nowhere as fun as Shamans =-( thats just my opinion hehe.

I'm really only considering either a Shaman/paladin or 2x Shamans. Since, one has to be a Shaman.. and the debate is between 2 DPS or a tank. I have a feral druid tank, I think a Paladin would be better. =)

If your sure you can handle the diversity, go with a pally. Extra buffs, dispel ability, a "True" tank and other reasons.
    [align=center][size=14]Pyrocumulus , Cirrocumulus , Altocumulus , Nimbocumulus , Stratocumulu
    [size=12]<-[color=#990000]1---------10[color=#ff0000]--------[color=#000000]20[color=#ff6600]---------30[color=#999900]---------40[color=#009900]---------50[color=#009999]---------60[color=#9999ff]---------70->
    <Medusas Hair>
    US-Uther -The Stormclouds
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by 'Mokoi',index.php?page=Thread&postID=58973#post589 73
    I'm really only considering either a Shaman/paladin or 2x Shamans. Since, one has to be a Shaman.. and the debate is between 2 DPS or a tank. I have a feral druid tank, I think a Paladin would be better. =)
    OK, then you have exactly the same quandry I had when I started my team a couple of days ago. I suspect that Paladin/Shaman x4 is the way to go. I chose Shaman x5 to give me an easy life wrt UI and macro design as this is my first time multi-boxing. I suspect in time I might regret that when I come to run five mans.

As you've clearly earned your multi-boxing wings, I'd go for Paladin/Shaman.
    [align=center]1--------10---------20------27--30---------40---------50---------60---------70
    This Multi-Boxer was brought to you by Keyclone
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by 'Fursphere',index.php?page=Thread&postID=59007#pos t59007
    Do you guys with a prot pally find your tank doesn't tank as well as you thought and maybe another DPS would be just fine?
    Missed this.

My Pally tank (run by my bro, as my own personal one is still a whelp) puts out between 500 - 600 dps with holy shield up, and mobs stick to him like thier glued in place. I have to work a little hard to actually pull aggro off him. And thats when I'm pumping out over 1000 DPS per Shaman. If I hang around 800/900 DPS, he can go AFK while tanking.

He seriously did this in Shattered Halls (normal). Pulled a 5 pull, dropped consecration and said "I'm thirsty, brb" - Pally never lost aggro while he was AFK. (I know he was AFK because he was over at my place when he did it) lol

Pally = OP 5 man tank once geared.
    This is what I was hoping to hear, first hand experience.

I am glad that pally tanks glue mobs down. I hated using my druid as she often lost aggro instantly and it was a pain in the butt to not be able to use chain lightning etc etc. 3 of my Shamans are already in 3 s3 and good PvP gear so they can handle some hits, but the paladin will need some good gear to keep up hehe. How hard is it to heal an under geared Pally in 5 mans? Will I be able to just keep one shaman resto and use Earth shields and stuff? can pally tanks heal themselves to make up for some of the hits? Whats the best way to be handling pally tanking (pardon my nubness when it comes to tanks, I have raided hardcore on every other class, Naxx, AQ40, BT, Hyjal, SSC, etc etc on EVERY other class and almost every other spec.. NEVER played a Pally :P

sounds good, any other opinions? any die hard 5 shaman boxers out there with a similar story?