Close
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Default Multiviewer adapter vs High end Multiviewer Monitor, which one to buy?

After lots of searching, I'm between 2 display solutions.

1. Quad 4 to 1 multiviewer adapter with up to 1080p scaling and 60hz

Portta HDMI Switch 4x1 Quad Multi-Viewer with Seamless Switch Support 720p/1080p Scaler + Stereo Extractor + IR Control + 5 Different Display Modes for Xbox360 PS4 Notebook HDTV : Amazon.de: Electronics & Photo

It was the best that I could find that can also be shipped to me, it has great reviews

Potential problems: Terrible quality windows, also cursor lag which could make the games unplayable

2. High end 4k IPS 42 Inch Monitor that can take up to 4 inputs

Dell UltraSharp U4320Q 42.5" UHD IPS Monitor | e-Gate

It is literally the only monitor that I could find that can do this and it is very expensive at 742 euro. I found it accidentaly from an ad, I wasn't aware that something like this exists.

For me a multimonitor mount setup is not a solution, I wouldn't feel comfortable with something like this and it would be expensive too, it would be slightly complex too to find proper monitors for such setup. I prefer to do it with one monitor.

The monitor is 642 euro more expensive than the adapter, however the advantages are obvious, the windows would have decent quality and the games would be playable without any cursor lag and so on or at least thats what I presume, it may still be wrong.

I'm dealing with hidden information here since I have no way to test any of these solutions and the money for the monitor are a lot. What would you do in my place?

Quote Originally Posted by Undeadlord View Post
    After lots of searching, I'm between 2 display solutions.

1. Quad 4 to 1 multiviewer adapter with up to 1080p scaling and 60hz

Portta HDMI Switch 4x1 Quad Multi-Viewer with Seamless Switch Support 720p/1080p Scaler + Stereo Extractor + IR Control + 5 Different Display Modes for Xbox360 PS4 Notebook HDTV : Amazon.de: Electronics & Photo

It was the best that I could find that can also be shipped to me, it has great reviews

Potential problems: Terrible quality windows, also cursor lag which could make the games unplayable

2. High end 4k IPS 42 Inch Monitor that can take up to 4 inputs

Dell UltraSharp U4320Q 42.5" UHD IPS Monitor | e-Gate

It is literally the only monitor that I could find that can do this and it is very expensive at 742 euro. I found it accidentaly from an ad, I wasn't aware that something like this exists.

For me a multimonitor mount setup is not a solution, I wouldn't feel comfortable with something like this and it would be expensive too, it would be slightly complex too to find proper monitors for such setup. I prefer to do it with one monitor.

The monitor is 642 euro more expensive than the adapter, however the advantages are obvious, the windows would have decent quality and the games would be playable without any cursor lag and so on or at least thats what I presume, it may still be wrong.

I'm dealing with hidden information here since I have no way to test any of these solutions and the money for the monitor are a lot. What would you do in my place?
    I have the Dell p4317q with similar use cases:

https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/dell-4...monitor-p4317q

https://i.dell.com/sites/csdocuments...spec_sheet.pdf

I can confirm the Dell p4317q works well with no lag & I used it to game with my kids. When doing 5 mans with them due to my neck/back injuries & my BPPV I was having issues trying to turn my head to look at their monitors while also keeping up with my clients... In my setup I had 3 of their screens mirrored to 3 of the quadrants & I played my client(s) in the remaining quadrant and it really helped prevent wipes and/or reduce panic if my kids got lost/separated &/or got aggro... The monitor was pricy but being able to game seamlessly with my kids was/is priceless...

I have also used multi-viewers & if I were to go that route I would go with one that supports at least 4 1080p inputs & supports at least 60FPS 4K output such that each 1080p (~1K) input is pretty much native in a quadrant of the 4K. I found this one with a little searching:

https://www.amazon.com/OREI-Switcher.../dp/B0BQ1XK82T

Some miscellaneous thoughts:

- My Dell monitor did not have 4 of the same inputs (like 4 HDMIs) so I had to use multiple connector types (HDMI, DP, mDP, & possibly SVGA) to get everything connected... Not a huge deal as each of my kids had a standard monitor & their video was just mirrored to a quadrant on my Dell.

- I got my Dell through a friend who used to work at Dell & from the refurbishment warehouse so I got some solid discounts though I would have paid full/regular price if that was the only option...

- I don't regret my path as back when I initially did my setup it I don't think I could find an affordable multi-viewer which could seamlessly bring in four 1K+ (1080p+) inputs and combine them to a 60FPS 4K screen...

If I was starting from scratch today I likely would try to get:
    - Get a 120FPS+ capable 4K gaming monitor with freesync (for my personal connection at least when solo)...
    - Get an 60Hz+ 4K output multiviewer that accepts at least four 1K inputs (accepting four 4K would be gravy for me)...

Hope that all helps...

Let us know what you decide(d)...
    Last edited by nodoze : 05-24-2023 at 10:15 AM