Close
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Default Function key shortcut problems...

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone here might have a solution to my problem. I am dual boxing and I'd like to bind some actions to the function keys (F1, F2, etc...) but because I am running in windowed mode, it actually executes the function key shortcuts. For example, when I press F3 inside WoW, an explorer search screen comes up. Is it possible to either disable the function key shortcuts, or stop the OS from executing those shortcuts inside a maximized window?
    [align=center]<The Zerg>
    Thorni, Farvva, Rabitt, Rookk, Maack
    Paly, Priest, 2x Locks, Mage
    1--------10---------20--23------30---------40---------50---------60---------70
    [s]RFC[/s]-14 [s]WC[/s]-19 [s]SFK[/s]-21[/align]

if you are using keyclone, make sure you don't have an 'invisible' line being managed by keyclone.

this can happen if you have auto-add CHECKED... as keyclone may find your desktop.. and the F3 is really just explorer reacting to the F3 being sent to it.

to avoid this, just UNCHECK the auto-add option (keyclone/ setup/ auto-add-windows-titled) ... but then you will have to use commands to run your program (or use the 'add' button after starting your app)

good luck and let me know if that helped.

Quote Originally Posted by 'keyclone',index.php?page=Thread&postID=56581#post 56581
    if you are using keyclone, make sure you don't have an 'invisible' line being managed by keyclone.

this can happen if you have auto-add CHECKED... as keyclone may find your desktop.. and the F3 is really just explorer reacting to the F3 being sent to it.

to avoid this, just UNCHECK the auto-add option (keyclone/ setup/ auto-add-windows-titled) ... but then you will have to use commands to run your program (or use the 'add' button after starting your app)

good luck and let me know if that helped.
    Ahhhh.... I was wondering what that invisible line was, thanks a lot!
    [align=center]<The Zerg>
    Thorni, Farvva, Rabitt, Rookk, Maack
    Paly, Priest, 2x Locks, Mage
    1--------10---------20--23------30---------40---------50---------60---------70
    [s]RFC[/s]-14 [s]WC[/s]-19 [s]SFK[/s]-21[/align]