Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 21

Default 5 clients at once?

I was wondering if anyone has tried to record all five clients at the same time on the same computer. I'm sure you would have to running a quad with dual video cards and 4+gb of ram with wow on low settings. I'm mainly just asking to see if it is possible. My computer specs are way to low to produce anything decent. Maybe someone with one of those $5k machines could give it a shot.

Main - Lootdrone lvl70 Mage Bloodscalp 5box - Tioget, Tiodrone, Tioluv, Tiogriz, Tiobuzz q9450 - 4gb ram - 8800gt 512 - 400gb hd - 500gb hd

Default RE: 5 clients at once?

Quote Originally Posted by 'bugilt',index.php?page=Thread&postID=56047#post56 047
    I was wondering if anyone has tried to record all five clients at the same time on the same computer. I'm sure you would have to running a quad with dual video cards and 4+gb of ram with wow on low settings. I'm mainly just asking to see if it is possible. My computer specs are way to low to produce anything decent. Maybe someone with one of those $5k machines could give it a shot.
    I run 5 on my machine and it's nothing special. Dual core processor, 1 video card (GeForce 6800), 2gigs of ram.

Main window is at 1280x800 windowed, 2-5 windows are at 640x480 with graphics set to minimum.

Get >30 fps everywhere but shatt.
    Tasirai (Prot Paladin) - Istaria (Holy Priest) - Satiria (Mage) - Atisria (Shadow Priest)

try recording with fraps and get back to me .

Main - Lootdrone lvl70 Mage Bloodscalp 5box - Tioget, Tiodrone, Tioluv, Tiogriz, Tiobuzz q9450 - 4gb ram - 8800gt 512 - 400gb hd - 500gb hd

double post -_-'
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

quad 2.4Ghz - pretty standard quad cpu
    en8800 ultra, single videocard. I suppose a pretty good one, 768Mb and good memory and clocking speeds.
    4Gb ddr 800Mhz running them on right now.
    Standard 7k rpm s-ata, nutting too special

Am able to run a 5 box pretty decently with the main at near max settings and the 4 alts with low settings. Two dirs, main from a seperate dir, four alts from another, but the same dir. All on the same disk/partition. Not much else to know in terms of hardware/performance. But it's pulling it with ease really. Some places like Shatt/Org AH and such, are a bit laggy, yeah. But whenever it matters I've never lagged. Instances, PvP (except that raid I did in stormwind, that was laggy. >.< ), random questing about, never really lagged noteworthy.

Fraps does not seem to lower my fps much at all either. But I have fraps save the movie to a seperate disk, I heard that can make a lot of difference.

Still 5x Fraps = drain hard disc space, whats it? aroudn 100Gb/min? :P
    Signature edited by Svpernova09

Oooh, all five? I misread the post. ;_;

Fraps can't do that on one pc. You need a desktop recorder for that, and I don't know of a good one for that really. Either that or multiple computers.

If you can somehow work out how to record fraps on all windows. This is how it should be done.

At least two disks, one to play WoW off, using two directories max. Preferably one. And one to save fraps on, preferably scsi.
    I think writing anything more then two per disk is gonna cause too much lag on a standard drive (Not to the game, but to the recorded movie.). So, this is probably one of the few things you can actually use scsi for. Which might work better. There's normally no reason to go scsi over s-ata for playing games, but this is something different I suppose. xD
    And defi 4gb minimum, 6gb would be enough without much or any loss I reckon, above 6gb will probably not make much difference. Then I think hardware wise it should be able to pull the load while playing at decent settings. Videocard isn't important for frapsing, just for playing the game.

You still need to find a way to run fraps per wow instance first though.

Fraps can only record 1 wow instance at a time, but you can get a desktop recorder if you using only 1 computer for all your multiboxing. It will record everything on the desktop from all monitors that are connected

I just recorded a minute or two of full desktop recording while playing 5 accounts. I was able to get 15fps to the video, but when editing the video in sony vegas i had major issues. I appears as though the software can't support video files that wide (2560x1024). It's very choppy when previewing, and when I rendered it all the parts where the video should have been were blank. Also, I noticed you cannot set the video project to be 2560x1024, it has a limit on the width of 2048.

I'm going to try this again by recording with the divx codec. Maybe I'll be able to resize it to smaller video dimensions while recording.
    [5-Box Shamans] - Xoxxoxo, Xxoxoxo, Xooxoxo, Xxooxxo, Xoxoxxo <Hugs and Kisses> Tichondrius US
    ...for more info: jophn.com

[Movie] The Art Of Brawling - http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=73743
    [Movie] How-To Record Fullscreen Multiboxing - http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=72985
    [Movie] Laser Shows For Tips - http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=65033

cool thanks for the help majo