Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Auto Focus, target, follow, Cast Macro

I was trying to figure out a quicker way to set focus, follow, etc.. since the last time i got in some world pvp it ended ugly due to me fumbling after my main was dead. So after trolling the forum for a while and testing multiple combination of macros i finally pieced one together that seems to have all the basics in one. If someone has already posted this i'm sorry for the repost. This sets the parties focus, follows the focus, targets the focus target, and cast Lightning Bolt. When the main dies the next person in line is set as focus, follow, etc... I wouldn't use the full macro (just part of the macro) for instance runs but, for just running around questing and killing trash mobs its very hand. I've only tested this on a 3 man shaman team but i've confirmed it does work (main shammy died a few times to make sure 2nd party was picked up as focus ^^ ).

3rd party member:

/focus [target=Xexo,exists,help,nodead];[target=Valy,exists,help,nodead];[target=Ezo,exists,help,nodead];
    /follow focus
    /target [target=focustarget];
    /cast Lightning Bolt

2nd party member:

/focus [target=Xexo,exists,help,nodead];[target=Valy,exists,help,nodead]
    /follow focus
    /target [target=focustarget];
    /cast Lightning Bolt

edit to add toons name in order of party/use: main=Xexo, 2nd=Valy, 3rd=Ezo

Question why re-target somthing every press maybe somthing like this?

/focus [target=Xexo,exists,help,nodead];[target=Valy,exists,help,nodead];[target=Ezo,exists,help,nodead];
    /follow focus
    /cast [target=focustarget] Lightning Bolt; Lightning Bolt

2nd party member:

/focus [target=Xexo,exists,help,nodead];[target=Valy,exists,help,nodead]
    /follow focus
    /cast [target=focustarget] Lightning Bolt; Lightning Bolt

just thinking about resource management for somone with a slower PC or somthing

adding the follow is a neat idea.. so they follow if your moving .. may have to incorperate that into my setup.. i currently have one button thats
    /follow focus

and once im on the move im pressing it once or twice

and also have it in spells that make you stop following like blink where you tend to not follow after it fires (arcane missles etc)

To make the condition /castsequence reset=target work you have to retarget by /target. Casting on focustarget is not always enough.

late edit: This is an assumption I made last night, if im wrong please correct me because my retargeting by /cast [target=party1target] wasn't working for me.
    brainie pala 80 - blastcast shaman 80 - deadcast shaman 80 - swientie holy priest 80 - magrin mage 80 -- Aggramar EU

humm

Didnt notice my Hunter having issues resetting to the start when using:

/use 14
    /use 13
    /cast [combat] Bestial Wrath
    /castsequence [target=focustarget] reset=target/5/combat !Auto Shot,Steady Shot,Multi-Shot,!Auto Shot,Steady Shot,!Auto Shot,Steady Shot,Arcane Shot,!Auto Shot,Steady Shot
    /cast [target=pettarget] Kill Command
    /script UIErrorsFrame:Clear();

Ill go testing tonight n see if its resetting by using a Aimed shot starter and see if it stops me from shooting when switching targets

and ya its my druid/hunter combo and ma hunter been killing for my dru/ powerlvlin partys whyle im controllin the dru (im healin the party and he brings the pain) heheheh

and sorry for all the edits.. i type then reread then think n ya

in thinking it may be usefull after like a brain death.. to start castsequences from scratch.. or maybe lock dots.. but couldv sworn my lock was in tow and hitting the 3 dots (CoA Corr SL) on each new target.

ill try it with him too pulling him thru a SM run for mad targeting fun
    see if the lock can save my dru

(hunt 70 lock 70,, dru is like 35.. needin to PL a healer as havin 2 dmg mains = bleh when the healers dont show for raid)

I was having trouble with my alt toon targetting the same target as main. It now been working a little better for me but i still get alt from time to time target the wrong target. Makes for a little more excitement in the game

You could also use /targetexact to make sure you get the right toon.

/target [target=focustarget]; could be replaced by /assist focus;

I've had "lags" with the focustarget macros. Hope it helps ^^.

I'll give them a try. Thanks all

Ok, you do NOT want this in 1 macro:

/focus blahblahblah
    /follow focus
    /cast something

There are going to be times when you need to turn your alts independantly to follow an enemy while he jumps circles around you, and with the above macro, you will not be able to do this. Mages will eat you alive.

F1 (on all chars):
    /focus Mainchar
    /follow Mainchar

F2 (on all chars):
    /focus Secondchar
    /follow Secondchar

F3-F5 - You get the idea.

1 - /follow focus

Your damage spells will be:
    /cast [target=focustarget,harm,nodead,exists] Harmfull spell

Your helpful spells will be:
    /cast [target=focustarget,help,nodead,exists][target=focus,help,nodead,exists] Helpfull spell

Your array of healing spells or beneficial spells desired to target specific party members:
    /cast [target=charname,nodead] Beneficial Spell like healing or healthstone or trinket

Search for "/focustarget" in the forums to see some of the original posts.

This method of targetting is idea for all classes imo, even CC classes.

If you are PvPing with Ranged classes, add this to your Main's Primary fight instigating spell macro:
    /targetenemy [target=noexists][target=dead][target=noharm]
    /cast [target=focustarget,harm,nodead,exists] Pew Pew

This will save you from having to hit Tab to find a target. Remember only the Main should use this.
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked