Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Ziie's setup and work in progress

Hello, I have been reading the forum here for about a week now and I have just started up my dual box setup. I still got more work to do on it (Hardware and Macros), but so far it is working pretty good.

Characters:
    Ziie (Undead Warlock, current level 16)
    Xiie (Undead Warlock, current level 16)

Goals I wish to achieve playing these characters:
    1. Have both characters in High Warlord gear and weapons, plus epic warlock mount (lvl 60).
    2. Move on to Arena style pvp (lvl 70).
    3. Both characters in full Arena gear (lvl 70).
    4. Test my dual boxing skills in a fast pvp environment.

Current Hardware setup:
    One computer running two accounts.
    P4 2.8Ghz w/hyperthreading
    2gb Ram
    512mb Graphics Card PCI-Expressx16
    n52 Gamepad

Future Hardware goals:
    X-key's keypad for better button setup. (I ran out of physical buttons on my n52 controller)

I'm still slowly adding macro's and testing to see how my setup will run. I ran a WSG BG last night (10-19) and though I didn't get many killing blows, I did get 40HK on one toon and 35HK on the other (I was lower on the BG score board). My characters are not twinks, so I guess they did ok lol. I have read running dual monitors would lower the frame rate a lot, so i'm looking to avoid that, but might try it out later tonight. If I find things are too bad, I'll have to spend the money I guess to have another system running the other box.

Anyways... feels good to finally post on the forum that I have been getting a lot of good info from..

I have many different questions I would like to ask and hopefully some macros that I will post that should help some people out I will post down the road.

Thanks for the help, and hopefully I can help some in return,
    Ziie
    Ziie and Xiie ( Both 34 )
    (2 Druids on Mannoroth)

An update...

Both toons are 18 now, and I scored my first 1st and 2nd place for HK in a BG last night (Horde and Total HK for both factions). I didn't take a screen shot, so thats just like it didn't happen . I'll try again to score a 1st and 2nd place again so I can get screen shots the next time.

New goal.. lol

Get a screen shot of me in 1st and 2nd place for most HK on my side (and if i'm really luck shoot for both factions)

Ziie
    (2 Druids on Mannoroth)

hwl gear is not needed for 60, the epic i would worry about but alot of gear in TBC is way better then the new content. if you level up tailoring it will take some time but shadow spec or fire spec tailors both have good bonuses .

as you want to pvp you can always spend a bunch of pvping in the 29,39,49,59 brackets collecting honor points and such. Right now 39 has some pretty good play .

Good luck ,

Yea, my old main (lvl 70 hunter) had hwl gear and doesn't use any of it now lol. I really wanted to get them the gear just because it kind of was my main goal on my hunter too. Not to mention the look of the hwl gear looks better than the gears from TBC. In TBC, I'm not too worried about gear because I have friends on the server that run Kz sometimes to gear alts, and I should be able to jump in on one of the alt runs if they need little more dps.

My hunter didn't really start replacing stuff until I got into the higher 60's (around 66 if I remember right I started to see hwl gear being replaced) Most items was enchanted too, I guess that kept them on him longer than they would have been, but for hunters, there wasn't much replacing my gear because most quest rewards seem to be for shaman lol. There was even post on the forums about there not being any good quest rewards for hunters. Warlocks might have it better and might get more useful rewards from the quest in TBC.)

On which trade skill, i was thinking about tailoring because there are some nice epics that can be just crafted. Also to be true to form lol, Engineering would be nice for pvp, but potion making would be more useful imo and better for profit (though profit is not the goal )

My Hunter skills:
    Mining Maxed
    Jewel crafting 280ish

Ziie (none atm but considering)
    Tailoring
    Skinning

Xiie (none atm but considering)
    Potion Making
    (what ever gathering pants skill is called)

Because of the epic crafted items that can be made, It might be good to have both Ziie and Xiie as tailors, but its seems like a little waste because I could do another trade skill with one of them.

Ziie
    (2 Druids on Mannoroth)

Depending on how you look at long punishing grinds, tailoring might be worth it for both your warlocks. Frozen Shadoweave and such.

I've been planning to do that for my shadowpriest duo, but since the guild I'm in is planning to raid as much as possible starting September or something, I'm not sure

I started something new last few days. I started playing around on a Warrior and Priest combo. I have some in game macros that i'm still fine tunning to get them working to my liking. What is different to my 2 warlocks is that the warrior and priest combo are being played on with a game pad (joystick / game controller) i programmed and mapped to different keys and mouse actions. (with just using AHK)

The basic set up:

Controller Type:
    PS2 (AirFlow - USB)

Directional Pad + 2 Analog controls:
    Directional Pad = Priest solo movement
    Analog1 = Warrior movement (Maximized screen movement)
    Analog2 = Mouse pointer movement

Button:
    1 = 1 on both
    2 = 2 on both
    3 = 3 on both
    4 = 4 on both
    5 = Right Mouse click
    6 = Ctrl on both
    7 = Left Mouse click
    8 = Tab on Maximized screen
    9 = Shift on both
    10 = 0 on both
    11 = Alt+Tab
    12 (Analog1 pressed down) = Priest Follows
    13 (Analog2 pressed down) = Jump on both

Using a UIMod I have buttons that change with Ctrl / Shift so I can not only see the layout of how the buttons are arranged on screen, but also can see the buttons that are being shown on the additional WoW account.

Example macros:

To cast renew
    #Renew
    /cast [help] [target=targetstarget, help] renew
    /cleartarget
    /stopmacro [help] [target=targetstarget, help]
    /cast [target=focustarget, help] [target=focus]renew
    /cleartarget

(*rewrote macro at work and need to check once i get home to see if it is correct with one used in the game)

How this Macro works:
    (A) If the priest has a "friendly" targeted, priest cast Renew, then Clears Target
    (B) If the priest target's target is a "friendly" target, the priest cast Renew, then Clears Target
    - Stop Macro (probably don't need but i was getting bugs without it)
    (C) If the focus target's target is a "friendly" target, the priest cast Renew, then Clears Target
    (D) Cast Renew on the focus target, then Clears Target

Clear target is a test to see if the priest still being attacked by a mob. If the priest is getting attack (aka mob is on priest target) the priest will cast renew on itself. Also for the focus target's target is to I can cast renew on other players that are not in my group or are needing a heal just by targeting them with my warrior. (I have priest buffs set up almost the same)

There is more testing / macros needed for all different ability's, but i'm getting there.

I have been asked by a few people to post videos of this in action, and will do as soon as i can get a camera to record the controls in the act.

My first goal is pretty much done (other than fine tuning macros to make the characters run smoother, but the controls are set and working to my liking)

My second goal on character controls is going to be little more "active". The goal is to set up a DDR dance pad to control the movement of the characters and (if i can get the funds) have another object track head movements to link it to the camera controls of WoW. So basically, i will be controlling movement with my feet, camera view with my head, then normal attack / casting actions with a controller in my hands. Should be fun getting it working and running once completed.

Ziie
    (2 Druids on Mannoroth)