Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Scholomance Viewing Room help

I am just getting annihilated prior to the viewing room door. This is my second attempt and the diseased ghouls have this cloud that's really deadly when they die plus the Risen Aberrations are melee only - any advice? I also seem to get a whole clump of them no matter how careful I am.

I have a pally tank, pally healer, two locks and a shaman.

Thanks for any advice.

Pull those groups to the previous room. Have your pally tank them away from the group. Burn down the ghouls. When one of them dies move the pally out of the cloud. Once the ghouls are down just melee down the skellies with your pally, not much you can do about this. At that level I think my pally was still keeping up with the group dps.
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

Yep, this isn't a difficult room all told. Just move out of the funk and melee the skeletons down. If you're having issues, it might be your group positioning and movement keybinds, not your competence or group setup.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

I guess you have done that already, but have you killed Rattlegore in the basement, past the whelps?
    Killing him changes the setup of the mobs in the room with the viewing room door, making it a lot easier.
    Captn's Log [PvP] 5x80 Elemental Shaman

Thanks for the replies guys. I managed to get through last night but I have to say I'm not liking all the disease clouds and exploding mobs in Scholo. On the second attempt I had reset the instance and did not kill Rattlegore so perhaps that's why I was getting pulls of 5-8 mobs. In the end I read Thinus's advice and just healed through, while side-stepping the clouds. Seemed to work ok - perhaps I was panicking a bit given that it was a new instance. I wiped at the doctor, but as I had completed the Warlock epic mount quest, I don't think I'll be rushing back to Scholo for a level or two...

I think the magic immune mobs actually take damage from holy spells, just not any other spells, so your pallies should be extra useful there.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

I think the magic immune mobs actually take damage from holy spells, just not any other spells, so your pallies should be extra useful there.
    They do! I use a 70 priest/mage to run my alt through Scholo atm and I didn't realise till a good whiles later that my holy nova was killing them :O

Quote Originally Posted by 'midnightrain',index.php?page=Thread&postID=54828# post54828
    Thanks for the replies guys. I managed to get through last night but I have to say I'm not liking all the disease clouds and exploding mobs in Scholo. On the second attempt I had reset the instance and did not kill Rattlegore so perhaps that's why I was getting pulls of 5-8 mobs. In the end I read Thinus's advice and just healed through, while side-stepping the clouds. Seemed to work ok - perhaps I was panicking a bit given that it was a new instance. I wiped at the doctor, but as I had completed the Warlock epic mount quest, I don't think I'll be rushing back to Scholo for a level or two...
    The green funk is easy to deal with. THe exploding zombies are less so. I'd go with blizzard on the mage for those guys, IMO, while dotting them up with the locks and keep moving around the upper ring (kite 'em).
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

1 mage can kite the whole room of bombozombies with imp blizzard just going around the ring, and jumping down / back up if needed. I was doing this pre TBC whilst farming the leather working mat that popped down there in the basement. Have mage positioned around the corner, puller runs in and aggros zombies and pulls them back to the door, let loose with bliz and just start trucking around the top ring there. You can hop down to buy yourself time for a heal if something goes awry.

God I hate the zombie room...that's the only way I CAN kill them without dying of boredom taking them one by one then waiting on "respawns" of the ones with an extra life...aggro the whole fuckin lot of 'em, get some distance, Hurricane(x3, staggered so they hit a new hurricane once leaving the old one, if boxing), and pray; they usually survive this barely or the respawns fuck me over so I hop down, run back up and kite the other way till my cooldown on barkskin and hurricane is up

But yeah I hate those fuckin skels too...magic immune bastards lol have to go bearform and sit there poking 'em with dull claws till they die, and they do some painful dmg for their level
    Not Currently Boxing
    IRC Excerpt:
    Drayth> Finish this set: Spaceturkey Lazurturkey Moonturkey Starturkey - and no, don't say Sunturkey.
    Fursphere> Moonturkey? Drayth> Look at #3...lol - Fursphere> damnit...Starturkey?
    Fursphere> FUCK. - Drayth> lol... * Fursphere gets on the failboat