I've created a suggestion post on the Blizzard forums for a pvp/nopvp conditional for macros. Please post your support. I have included the body of the request for those browsing at work.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...601679&sid=1#0
I realize that this has already been considered by Blizzard and was decided against, but the suggestion forum is for requests, so I felt it necessary to post here and provide the basis for my suggestion. I feel that having a PVP conditional for macros would be useful, especially for tanks.

Tanks have abilities that they must use for dealing with non-player entities. In order to use these abilities efficiently, most use action bar slots and key bindings. In most cases, other classes don't have to sacrifice valuable key bindings for abilities they will never use in PVP. While this is not a problem in strictly PVP and strictly PVE situations, as one can use action bar paging to mitigate it, it presents a problem in mixed PVP-PVE situations. The best examples of this are world PVP and Alterac Valley.

During normal play in world environments, while DPS classes - playing in groups in world environments - have the capability of utilizing a full set of key bindings for abilities that are useful in PVP, Tank classes need to have PVE abilities, such as Taunt and Righteous Defense, available. However, when one is forced to transition from PVE to PVP, often during combat or with little to no notice, Tanking classes are at a disadvantage in this respect.

This problem would be for the most part resolved by allowing a PVP conditional. This way tanks could allow each of their key bindings to be used for both PVP and PVP, like dps classes. An example, that applies to me by the way, would be a macro that would first cast Hammer of Justice on my target if it is a pvp target (a player of the opposite faction or arena opponent) and if not a pvp target, cast Righteous Defense. Thus, I would not have to chose between a timely process of using action bar paging or simply accepting a useless pvp key binding.

Thank you for your consideration.