Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 18

Default I want a new TwoBoxToolkit!!

First, let me say that TwoBoxToolkit is an AMAZING addon. It is the basis of how I run my team. Without it I'd have to work a whole lot harder! The guy that wrote this has done a wonderful job.

However, change & updates are very slow to come by, despite a lot of requests from users it seems.

my laundry list:

Less spam. More options to mute things like "You are now my Master" and options to disable any and all relays by the Master. He's the Master after all, he shouldn't need to tell the slaves anything.

Better Sticky Follow. This is my my beef actually. I, like 99% of us I'd assume will switch Leaders during play, but TBTK has no options to macro the sticky follow on and off. As a result it has to be done manually. If not, when A gives leader to B, and a fight finished, B will spin 180 to face A, even though they've both been told B is the new boss.

These few things I know have been suggested a few times, but the author doesn't seem to be getting to them all that fast. I'm not trying to crap on him because again I think his mod is absolutely amazing. I just wonder if the project is only loosely supported these days or he might be swamped with other stuff (writing addons for WoW prolly wouldn't be on the top of my priority list is say RL was calling either rofl)

So, is there anyone else using TBTK that agrees? Has the same issues as me? Other issues?
    Can anyone suggest a way to get the problems fixed?
    Can anyone fix them themselves?

Anyone wanna make a new exclusive dual-boxing.com addon for master/slave control? LOL (wishful thinking I'm sure)

*Slaps Fursphere mercilessly with his [Hand of the Pimp]!*

=)

I have written a few small addons before (I code for a living, btw). I have thought about adding things into TwoBoxToolkit before. I might look into it. I can't promise anything since I'm even more active IRL with my peeps than I am in WoW, so it's my usual between a rock and a hard place situation with needing an addon written.

First, I'm going to look at what's in there currently and then try to wrap my brain around it. After that, I should be able to be a little more committal / non-committal about it.
    Basilikos
    Icecrown US Alliance

Mixed Group of Unholy DeathKnight, Holy Priest, Elemental/Restoration Shaman, Arcane Mage, Balance/Restoration Druid
    Second Mixed group of Protection Paladin, Discipline Priest, Fire Mage, Affliction Warlock, Affliction Warlock

5 Balance Druids - Shelved at 65
    Holy Priest and 4 Warlocks - Shelved at 71
    Protection Paladin and 4 Shadow Priests - Shelved at 60
    5 Elemental Shaman - Shelved at 60

I haven't tried Two-Box Toolkit because of the all-in-one approach. I stay away from addons like that because I invariably wind up not liking one part and want to replace it with something else. If someone is going to revise Two-Box Toolkit perhaps it could be made more modular?
    All my codes r belong to you: wow5box

I'm learning lua right now and work around on twoboxtoolkit as an exercise.

But I think it will take some time until I produce something useful because I can't spend a lot of time on it.
    [align=center]Team Selion - < Scum and villainy > - Eredar (DE) - Hord - Status >67<
    Paladin - Priest - 3x Warlock
    ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????????
    [/align]

Quote Originally Posted by 'Poolboy',index.php?page=Thread&postID=54276#post5 4276

=)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=3190

Dude, that's not a purple.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Do these not work for you?

/tb master name will declare the new master
    /tb sticky will toggle Sticky Follow on and off

Type /tb for a list of all the commands.
    I've got something to show ya!
    http://katharsis.feathermoon.us

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ughmahedhurtz',index.php?page=Thread&postID=54327 #post54327

Quote Originally Posted by 'Poolboy',index.php?page=Thread&postID=54276#post5 4276

=)
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=3190

Dude, that's not a purple.
    No but most Pimp Suits are ;)
    Not Currently Boxing
    IRC Excerpt:
    Drayth> Finish this set: Spaceturkey Lazurturkey Moonturkey Starturkey - and no, don't say Sunturkey.
    Fursphere> Moonturkey? Drayth> Look at #3...lol - Fursphere> damnit...Starturkey?
    Fursphere> FUCK. - Drayth> lol... * Fursphere gets on the failboat

Quote Originally Posted by 'Katharsis',index.php?page=Thread&postID=54372#pos t54372
    Do these not work for you?

/tb master name will declare the new master
    /tb sticky will toggle Sticky Follow on and off

Type /tb for a list of all the commands.
    Ahhh, that's the other thing I forgot to mention...

The command arguments On/Off don't do anything in TBTK. That is, typing /tb sticky on is exactly like simply typing /tb sticky. Likewise is the command is currently in the on position, and you type /tb sticky on... it will turn it off. It's just a toggle each time it's pressed. ?(

Sooo... trying to write a /tb sticky into the macros i use for switching Leaders would be awesome, except 2 or 3 leader changes in and all the stickies are fuxxored up.

I think the best thing for all of his commands would be to make them true On/Off args?

For clarity, here's how I handle switching Mains ~

Button (same for both characters)

Main:
    /tb master Toon1name
    /focus Toon1name
    /1 followme

Clone2:
    /tb master Toon1name
    /focus Toon1name

It would be awesome to have a /tb sticky that worked as a macro to include in there, so that when you switch mains, the new leader turns off sticky follow. Currently, it's not usable, because if you have 5 toons, and rotate through all of them as leader, the on/off will get out of synch.

Does any of this make sense? I think I lost myself even. Rest assured, it's not really functional in it's current form. :wacko: