I've been a "casual" multi-boxer since EQ, though primarily duo-boxing EQ/DAoC but did run a 5-7 toon Fins group multiple times in DAoC. Usually two instances of the game per computer and never invested enough into doing it in the like of many here with software/hardware solutions to minimizing input equipment used.

I've also never really moved past not using the mouse to click for some actions. After reading the Wiki by Xzin, and various posts I've decided to take the plunge and I have 4 computers and monitors, and 2 ergotron vertical mounts on the way.

My main hurdle though to working out the rest of the hardware/cabling I need is movement control and the adding of additional input devices like the X-Keys.

How do y'all handle movement control yet minimize moving your left hand from Keyboard to X-Key and back?

I'm also trying to figure out how Y-Mouse works in anybody's setup. It's in the Wiki, but in Xzin's case your writeup on your original 5-box setup doesn't mention those in the hardware you said you used before your new setup.

For now the group setup I'm looking at is more PvE focused:

1 prot war
1 holy/disc priest
2 or 3 mages
1 lock

So understandably that mix increases the complexity of control, but for PvE it's easier to cope with that than for PvP. At least with my PvE multi-boxing experience once an encounter is learned it's not such an issue anymore.

Edit: Amended subject to reference driving the main, not movement control of the whole group, while using a device like an X-Keys for macro control.