Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default I'm completely lost

Hello,

As some might know I used to be an avid multiboxer. Earlier today I resubscribed my alt accounts to give multiboxing a go again, more or less to pick up where I left. After hours and hours of going through videos, forums, whatnot I have to admit defeat: where I used to know what happened behind the scenes with isboxer, I know am totally clueless.

A few examples:
    - my mount keybind has been for ages alt+F, and I can't seem to get that working after using the quick setup wizard.
    - breaking /follow, making my team strafe independently from my leader, ...
    It used to be as simple as adding these things to the keymap. Now I see a shitload of options, terminology I've never seen/used before (or simply ignored).

I guess my question is: I basically want to have control over what is happening like back in the old days, a simple / basic setup; without having to use/change keybinds that I use for solo play. So is that still possible with ISboxer, or do I really need to sit through the hours and hours of video. And then again, I see similar videos that seem to cover the same topics, so I'm not even sure where to begin.

Or am I just getting old? Any pointers/help greatly appreciated.
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    Hello,

As some might know I used to be an avid multiboxer. Earlier today I resubscribed my alt accounts to give multiboxing a go again, more or less to pick up where I left. After hours and hours of going through videos, forums, whatnot I have to admit defeat: where I used to know what happened behind the scenes with isboxer, I know am totally clueless.

A few examples:
    - my mount keybind has been for ages alt+F, and I can't seem to get that working after using the quick setup wizard.
    - breaking /follow, making my team strafe independently from my leader, ...
    It used to be as simple as adding these things to the keymap. Now I see a shitload of options, terminology I've never seen/used before (or simply ignored).

I guess my question is: I basically want to have control over what is happening like back in the old days, a simple / basic setup; without having to use/change keybinds that I use for solo play. So is that still possible with ISboxer, or do I really need to sit through the hours and hours of video. And then again, I see similar videos that seem to cover the same topics, so I'm not even sure where to begin.

Or am I just getting old? Any pointers/help greatly appreciated.
    First I'll answer your question about what you see. What you see is more complicated than what you want to do.

The wizard sets up pretty much the same stuff as before, it is just organized slightly differently. The different organization has been explained here: https://isboxer.com/w/index.php?title=ISBoxer_42.

The main reason it is different is that ISBoxer used to generate completely different -- and incompatible -- Key Maps for different games, leading to a lot of questions about how to play different games with the same ISBoxer Toolkit profile.

The Key Maps are now universal, so you see some of the things that would be used for other games, and the ways ISBoxer chooses to select between them. ISBoxer was not designed to hide things like this from the user, despite how complicated it now appears; ISBoxer 2 gets to hide a lot of the mechanisms.

You do not need to do anything complicated to set up your own hotkeys.

You've basically got 3 simple questions here about what you want to do.
    1. "how do I make Alt+F mount up"

use the Mapped Key Wizard, tell it to put your new key under "ISB42 - Custom Hotkeys", and then either do a "Straight Key Broadcast" or a "Key Re-map" depending on whether you want to press the same key or a different one.

The only thing to know is that Alt+F is the default Follow key. You may have changed that during the wizard, or you can change it under ISB42 - Base Hotkeys

2. "how do I break follow"

assign a key under ISB42 - Base Hotkeys to "Others turn left" or "Others turn right"

3. "how do I make my team strafe independently from my leader"

Mapped Key Wizard. These are movement keys, so you need to tick the box to "hold" the key.
    Last edited by Lax : 12-15-2019 at 07:19 PM
    Lax
    Author of ISBoxer
    Video: ISBoxer Quick Start

Thanks a lot Lax for the swift reply. That makes sense. I'll go and have a look, thanks again!
    Everything that is fun in life is either bad for your health, immoral or illegal!

take the time and figure it out, the reward is so worth it.