Close
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Default Keyclone virgin - actions seem to stop when launching keyclone

Hello, first time user of keyclone here.

I have installed keyclone and followed the noob guide, ie 2 mages, follow macro, assist.

However, i have the feeling i have missed a setting or something silly in keyclone, because when i run my 2 wow instances; 2 monitors with 1 pc; i have the following issue;

On my "alt" i have the slot 6 with follow macro, very standard stuff here, remember i am a keyclone virgin

So when running with my main, i hit 6 and i see that my alt starts to follow, however, as soon as i start moving about with my main my alt seems to take no notice and continues to go in the direction i am currently pressing my main.

I feel that as soon as i hit 6 and continue to play on main, the "action/macro" is cancelled. And i see my alt going in a different direction. The key press is of course still working (in terms of keyclone passing the same command to my alt window, but the follow is not working).

If i close down keyclone and run the 2 wow's without keyclone, i click on follow macro on alt, then click back to main screen, there is no problem and my alt will follow me. As soon as i launch keyclone and start hitting the 6 key my alt follows for a split second then seems to ignore the command.

I am sorry if this is a stupid config issue, but your feedback would help greatly.

* update *

In fact if i set the direction keys as do not pass, then all seems ok.

But seems strange that i have to do this, or is it normal? i did not see this in the noob guide for keyclone first timers.

thanks

Had exactly the same problem until I discovered the 'Do Not Pass' semantics. As I learned more about Keyclone and Multiboxing, I have found that the list of 'Do Not Pass' keys has grown quite substantially. As for toon movement --- Do not forget to add the keys that toggle autorun to you 'Do Not Pass' list.

Cheers,

G'morning Brett and welcome to the forums!

mtp is correct. you must add the keys to the DNP list... basically, imagine 2 keyboards and 2 computers... one character /follow the other...
    now.. the deal is the 2nd person will hit the same keys as the first person.

then the first guy hits W and starts running forward. as he does this, the 2nd guy also hits W... breaking follow.
    so... you put all the movement keys on the DNP list (it is advisable to also put shift+WASD, alt+WASD and ctrl+WASD on the list)

it's not long before your auto-run (NUMLOCK by default) gets on the list... as the 2nd guy would start running forward after /follow break

as an fyi... as your group is running.. insta-casts are available without worry of breaking /follow

i hope the more detailed explanation clears it up for you. if you have any questions, please feel free to drop me a note

Many thanks for your feedback; i feel a little silly but i guess we all have to learn somewhere

Even though i am new to dual boxing and keyclone, i am already enjoying this new "hobby" of mine.

Many thanks again to you both.

Regards

Personally I don't have much on my DNP list, and instead unbound some keys on my alts (granted I do miss them to an extent while using the others as main, so I may change how I do this in the future).
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest