Close
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Default Shaman vs Priest for team of Warlocks

Hello Multi-Boxers!

First post. Just starting out. Plan is to five box with 3 or 4 locks (depending on if i decide to add a legit tank) and one healer class. Anyone have advice with reasons for going shaman vs priest? I have heard that totems + chain heal is the way to go. Something tells me that the Priest (spec holy) will still have just as good aoe heals and a ton of support utility.

thanks

Prayer of healing + life tap x 4 = win!

Jea AoE heal is to good, specialy wen ints buffed by 20%
    Signature edited by Svpernova09

Locks = mobile (dots), squishy, uses kiting to their advantage (CoEx + DoT and run!)

Priest = slightly mobile (ProM, CoH, Renew, Shield) and INSTANT CAST aoe heal (CoH)
    Shaman = not mobile (NS+heal is the only long-cooldown instant cast heal) and VERY decent pve aoe heal (chain heal)
    Druid = very mobile (Hots, hots, hots) but few aoe heals
    Paladin = are you serious? Zero mobility, no aoe heals, great mana efficiency
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

Default shaman vs priest for warlocks

Your last post was very helpful. Seems like priest is better than shaman but from what you said maybe druid should be in the running? Maybe i should be asking about druid vs priest? This is because druid was mentioned as just as mobile in healing as the locks are in dps-ing. But the druid doesn't really have any aoe heals... very sad. What do you guys think? Priest or Druid. With good keybinding and good skill could you make up for the no aoe healing with a druid?

Druid doesn't get the lifebloom till much later in game. Druid will have rejuv but priest will have renew. Druid has regrowth but that is not instant and so not really mobile. Bonus of druid is can respec to be a tank too.

I'm currently lvling up a pally/3xlock/druid group but also have a 70 priest. In PVE druids are ok.. but they require a bit more micro management than a priest. Lifebloom is great but you have to keep recasting if you want to keep it flowing. In instances the lack of aoe hurts a bit.. you can still get through but it can get pretty crazy. With my priest as healer it's easier as you just hit one key and get aoe heal. Also due to recent spirit changes priests benefit quiet a bit in terms of mana regen.

Default RE: shaman vs priest for warlocks

Quote Originally Posted by 'Rowdysattva',index.php?page=Thread&postID=52892#p ost52892
    Druid doesn't get the lifebloom till much later in game. Druid will have rejuv but priest will have renew. Druid has regrowth but that is not instant and so not really mobile. Bonus of druid is can respec to be a tank too.
    Think endgame.

You can level with pretty much anything. People leveled to 70 without ever having a healbot Think about it.

As for druid vs priest -- I went priest because you have the additional option of speccing it shadow, which has great synergy with locks.
    TBC/Wrath Multiboxer: Velath / Velani / Velathi / Velatti / Velavi / Velarie [Archimonde (US-PvP)]

I had a LOT of difficulty solo healing heroics on my druid when i was resto spec, the hots arent enough and the big heal is WAAAAAY to slow.

I didnt have uber gear by any means but unless my tank was geared and my dps knew what they were doing it wasn't even worth atempting any heroics as a healer.

Definitely go with the priest.

Default shaman vs priest for warlocks

Thanks for all the advice! Priest it is!