Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default Feature request: broadcast override keys.

Keyclone automatically DNPs the keys configured in the override settings. Why?

The reason I ask is because I had intended to use the 'ENTER' key as my DNP override so I could have my movement keys (WASD) in DNP (so that my alts wouldn't run around) but toggle it off when I pressed 'ENTER' to chat. This doesn't work however because Keyclone no longer broadcasts the 'ENTER' key after I configure it as the DNP override hotkey.

It would be very helpful if this could be changed, at least as an option.

as far as i can tell... making ENTER your dnp override hotkey will work by default. just don't put it on your DNP list (this might be the issue)

i was able to test here @ work. 2 keyclones... WASD on dnp.. ENTER as dnp override hotkey... 1 notepad each.. connected.

typing 'warcraft' only sent 'rcrft' to the clone.. hitting ENTER then typing 'warcraft' gave me 'warcraft' on clone

also, make sure you are running v1.8f

Quote Originally Posted by 'keyclone',index.php?page=Thread&postID=52584#post 52584
    as far as i can tell... making ENTER your dnp override hotkey will work by default. just don't put it on your DNP list (this might be the issue)

i was able to test here @ work. 2 keyclones... WASD on dnp.. ENTER as dnp override hotkey... 1 notepad each.. connected.

typing 'warcraft' only sent 'rcrft' to the clone.. hitting ENTER then typing 'warcraft' gave me 'warcraft' on clone

also, make sure you are running v1.8f
    My apologies, let me clarify.

I want the ENTER key to be sent to all my game clients so that all my game clients will chat when I press it. When I make ENTER the DNP override key, it is only sent to the window with focus, and so only the window with focus opens its chat.

Is there a particular reason keyclone should not broadcast the override keys to all clients?

EDIT: I am using 1.8f. My issue is specifically that keyclone only sends override keys to the client with focus.

For example, I did your test with the letter "k" as the DNP override key. 2 keyclones, 2 notepads, I type "hello world" and get "hello worl" on both of them, but then I press "k" and now the notepad with focus reads "hello worlk" and the notepad without focus reads "hello worl". This is because once I made "k" the DNP override key, keyclone stopped broadcasting it to all clients even though it's not on the DNP list.

using the word warcraft and k as the hotkey...

override off:

pad1: warcraft
    pad2: rcrft

hit k

pad1: warcraftk

type warcraft again:

pad1: warcraftkwarcraft

pad2: rcrftwarcraft

so the issue you have is the k going into pad1? are you saying you want the hotkey passed to all clones even after it has trigger something locally?

workaround: Just take Enter off your DNO list and be careful when you chat? I use Insert as my DNP override. So if I want to yell Hello on every character, I hit insert, enter, /y Hello, Enter
    5 Shamans - lvl 70
    Xxearth, Xxfire, Xxwind, Xxwater, Xxheart
    Capnplanet - Bank alt

Quote Originally Posted by 'keyclone',index.php?page=Thread&postID=52601#post 52601
    using the word warcraft and k as the hotkey...

override off:

pad1: warcraft

hit k

pad1: warcraftk

type warcraft again:

pad1: warcraftkwarcraft

pad2: rcrftwarcraft

so the issue you have is the k going into pad1? are you saying you want the hotkey passed to all clones even after it has trigger something locally?
    Yea. In your example I wanted "k" to go into pad1 and pad2 like it would have if it weren't the override hotkey.

I can see why not many people would be concerned with this, but it's desirable to me, and I don't see how changing it would cause undesirable behavior for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gallo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=52608#post526 08
    workaround: Just take Enter off your DNO list and be careful when you chat? I use Insert as my DNP override. So if I want to yell Hello on every character, I hit insert, enter, /y Hello, Enter
    Yeah, I made it the DELETE key. So I press DELETE + ENTER to type, then ENTER + DELETE when I'm done. It would be nice if I only had to hit ENTER though.