Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 17

Default Unbinding and rebinding movement keys when switching main?

Is it possible to bind and unbind keys within a macro?

My problem is that I have my movement keys (WASD) unbound on all of my alts so that I can control my main exclusively with them. I can easily make one of my alts the new main using /focus, but their movement keys require rebinding before they're usable.

I don't want to put WASD on the Do-Not-Pass list because I use them when typing messages, nor do I want to use different keys for movement that I would be comfortable adding to the Do-Not-Pass list because darnit I love WASD.

Is there a simpler solution I am overlooking?

It is not possible to macro keybindings. =(

You'll have to put up with the typing annoyences. I usually just pause keycloning when i need to type.
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by 'Kaynin',index.php?page=Thread&postID=52547#post52 547
    It is not possible to macro keybindings. =(

You'll have to put up with the typing annoyences. I usually just pause keycloning when i need to type.
    No good, then I couldn't issue emotes like /dance!

Looks like you can use the SetBinding API but so very unfortunately it doesn't work in combat anymore. Dang you Blizzard!

There must be a way to pull this off.

Ok! Genius struck.

I put WASD on the Do-Not-Pass list and made the ENTER button the DNP Override key.

This is perfect, I press ENTER once to enter my password, and then a second time at the character selection screen which gets me back to default, and from then on it should only toggle when I am chatting. Override off when I'm typing, back on when I send the message. GENIUS!

I have two macros I use sometimes

Set Master
    /run SetBinding("W", "MOVEFORWARD");SetBinding("A", "TURNLEFT");SetBinding("S", "MOVEBACKWARD");SetBinding("D", "TURNRIGHT"); SetBinding("UP", "");SetBinding("DOWN", "");SetBinding("LEFT", "");SetBinding("RIGHT", "");

and Set Slave
    /run SetBinding("W", "");SetBinding("A", "");SetBinding("S", "");SetBinding("D", ""); SetBinding("UP", "MOVEFORWARD");SetBinding("DOWN", "MOVEBACKWARD");SetBinding("LEFT", "TURNLEFT");SetBinding("RIGHT", "TURNRIGHT");

What this does is TEMPORARILY set the bindings for each character, when you log back in it will be your standard setup.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Guilo',index.php?page=Thread&postID=52564#post525 64
    I have two macros I use sometimes

Set Master
    /run SetBinding("W", "MOVEFORWARD");SetBinding("A", "TURNLEFT");SetBinding("S", "MOVEBACKWARD");SetBinding("D", "TURNRIGHT"); SetBinding("UP", "");SetBinding("DOWN", "");SetBinding("LEFT", "");SetBinding("RIGHT", "");

and Set Slave
    /run SetBinding("W", "");SetBinding("A", "");SetBinding("S", "");SetBinding("D", ""); SetBinding("UP", "MOVEFORWARD");SetBinding("DOWN", "MOVEBACKWARD");SetBinding("LEFT", "TURNLEFT");SetBinding("RIGHT", "TURNRIGHT");

What this does is TEMPORARILY set the bindings for each character, when you log back in it will be your standard setup.

Hope this helps.
    That's what I was gonna do, but I'd also like to be able to take control from a new main if the main drops in combat and I read that API call doesn't work in combat. So I think I'll try the DNP override idea.

Shucks, there's letters in my password! Removing W, A, S, and D from my account passwords ASAP!

You can't rebind keys in combat.
    You can rebind them programitcally outside of combat.

The reason they nerfed this was to stop people from running bots that would dynamically rebind keys based on what needed done...
    [> Sam I Am (80) <] [> Team Doublemint <][> Hexed (60) (retired) <]
    [> Innerspace & ISBoxer Toolkit <][> Boxing on Blackhand, Horde <]
    "Innerspace basically reinvented the software boxing world. If I was to do it over again, I'd probably go single PC + Innerspace/ISBoxer." - Fursphere

Keyclone doesn't broadcast the override keys. Darnit.

I don't know what the problem is maybe but I don't have any of those issues.

WASD is bound on all my toons to movement (so I can drive from anyone).
    WASD and all the modified versions there of (Shift+W, Alt+W, ect.) are on my do not pass list.
    Keyclone DNP toggle is set to Shift+Pause.

Before entering in my password I toggle the DNP to off.
    I enter my password, hit enter, and toggle the DNP back to on.

If I need to switch PiP to a new leader then I am focused on the correct window and can drive from there. I can move any of my toons just by mousing over to that window and driving with WASD.

If I wish to dance or send all the keys to all the toons I just toggle the DNP again.

EDIT: Though I don't see it specifically stated anywhere in any of the posts above... it looks to me like you may be playing on more than one machine. If that is the case then I don't play that way so I can't tell you if the above would work for your needs.