Close
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Default 1 PRIEST 4 LOCKS

okso i have 1 priest and 4 locks.. and so far my priest just dies... and dies... and dies... then everyone else dies.. and dies.. and dies... due to no heals..
    these are all clothies! what do i do? I am i doing something wrong? whats a good alternative??

EDIT: I wont be able to respond to any posts tonight.. but ill check the forum tomo morning
    EDIT2: one last question. is there a thread i missed? something telling what i should do?

Well.....

What level are they?

What are you trying to accomplish that is giving you a headache?
    "For God's sake, don't stand there at 30 yards trying to cast a spell, he will melt your face period."

Lokked

Why is your priest pulling Aggro? He shouldn't be.
    Wilbur

For the first few lvls, my priest was drawing aggro - in the 4 shadowbolt/1 smite stage. But now my macros are set up so that the lock pets all attack at once, as the warlock dots are being cast. The priest does no damage cast (other than the initial pull)unless im fighting a boss. Then after the dots are on, all 5 characters /wand in usnison (wands are amazing dps at low lvls, heh). I don't worry about healing the pets unless I have a serious bad pull, and even then, all i really do is AOEfear, put a renew on 1-2 pets, get rid of the 1-2 mobs im focusing on (dps), and then worry about the others i feared.

Normally, my priest pulls with SWP, and i do it far enough back from the previous pull that a fearbomb is unlikely to pull aggro from the next group of mobs. The improved voidwalkers taunt does fine at maintaining aggro on 97% of pulls. This is of course coming from a lvl 33 group, so your results may vary.
    Alliance_______________Jogo Comigo________________Horde
    Wildhammer___________________________________Ticho ndrius
    Dwarf paladins - 70____________________________Undead rogues - 70
    Gnome warlox - 70______________________________Undead DKs - 65
    Dranei shamans - 62___________________________Blood Elf warlox - 30
    Gnome mages - 66_____________________________Tauren druids - 61
    Night Elf druids - 60
    70 huntards on other 5 accounts, dunno if i wanna spnd the $ to bringem over >.<

Default RE: 1 PRIEST 4 LOCKS

Quote Originally Posted by 'weelilmatt',index.php?page=Thread&postID=52378#po st52378
    okso i have 1 priest and 4 locks.. and so far my priest just dies... and dies... and dies... then everyone else dies.. and dies.. and dies... due to no heals..
    these are all clothies! what do i do? I am i doing something wrong? whats a good alternative??

EDIT: I wont be able to respond to any posts tonight.. but ill check the forum tomo morning
    EDIT2: one last question. is there a thread i missed? something telling what i should do?
    multiboxing isn't really any different then playing one toon with 4 other players playing their own toons when it comes to aggro issues; what are you doing with your priest that is pulling aggro off the 'locks? Is there a specific scenario/zone/quest that's not working for ya or are you just dieing agonizing warlock deaths in the lowbie zones?

Suggestions:
    • make attack macros that send in the pets whilst casting your damage spell of choice.
    • don't try to do crazy dps with the priest... the little bit faster you might kill a few beasties is not at all worth the corpse run if you over-aggro.
    • remember you are playing a group of 5 cloth wearers... until you get group heals and some crowd control your best bet is to make sure things explode before they can touch you.

Edit:: Have you played the warlock and/or priest class before or is this a fresh adventure into new classes as well as a new multiboxing setup?

Friday, April 11th 2008, 10:48am

by Wilbur

Why is your priest pulling Aggro? He shouldn't be.

lol the real question is why hes pulling with the priest in the first place, Of course the puller gets the main aggro... Pull with a lock, I am a lock player and if u pull with the lock there is no way your priest should die.. Also have one lock use the void walker and make sure your auto cast is on for torment. heck even if u used 4 voids there should be no reason for a preist to die

Also with Drain life and deathcoil there shouldn't be any need for a priest unless you need for resurection due to 70s ganking ya. lastly I guess it all depends what exactly you are trying to kill and where

Do a pet-pull with a Void. Send in the void and let it hit a mob - then put pet to passive so it comes back to you - including all mobs aggroed to it. Easy to pull with Locks imho.
    1 Prot Pala + 1 Ele Shamy + 1 Frost Mage + 1 Moonkin + 1 Disc Priest
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60--------x-70--------80

If you have a holy/disc priest, you should NEVER be pulling aggro from the pets until they die. Period. If you are, you're not pulling with the pets or you're standing in an AoE and, hence, Doing It Wrong(tm). :P Harsh, but them's the facts.

To recap: priest + locks strategy is:

Step 1) target a mob for each VW/FG.
    Step 2) Sic VW/FGs on mobs.
    Step 3) WAIT until VW/FGs cast their first taunts.
    Step 4) Start dropping DPS on your first mob.
    Step 5) When mob 1 dies, switch idle pets to mob 2 and continue DPS.
    Step 6) Repeat step 5 for remaining mobs.
    Step 7) GOTO STEP 1 (Yeah, I know. GOTO's are bad. STFU.)

That's really all there is to it. If it is a tough mob like a boss, let the VWs build a few seconds of aggro using renew/health funnel, THEN start DPSing. I've done it. Works like a champ.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)