Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default question about dual boxing a Hunter/Shammy combo

I've been reading the tutorials and what not and I think I have a decent understanding of what is involved in setting everything up. Now my question is this..

I will be playing my Hunter as the main, and my shaman will either be Elemental or Resto. Since they are two different classes, is it possible for me to pretty much just play my hunter, have the shammy drop totems, throw lightning, and heal my pet or my hunter if needed? I'm assuming this can be done with macros, but how can I set this up so I hit a button while playing my hunter and it triggers a macro on my Shammy while not effecting what I'm doing on my hunter.

If this doesn't make sense, blame it on it being so late =p Thanks!

Yes, it's quite possible.. and indeed fairly easy! All you need to do is map the ability you want to use on the Shaman to a button you're not using for the Hunter. If you're not using the F1-F5 keys for targetting, and with click-cast mods (Clique etc) and healing macros you really don't need to with Hunter/Shaman duo, you may do well to unbind the F-keys on both characters then bind them to the toolbar for the Shaman. Now when you want to control the Hunter simply use the number keys and when you want to control the shaman use the F-Keys, with Keyclone/KVM/Octopus/Whatever happily passing keys between them.

awesome thank you for that information. I guess my only question left before I venture out and give it a shot is this: How should i handle targeting? I figure i can have a healing macro like this:

/target hunter
    /cast healing wave
    /targetlastenemy

but what is the best way to have him target the same target as my hunter? And i run around a lot on my hunter, what would be the most efficient way to manage my shaman's movement? Thanks so much for the help~ (btw I will be using keyclone)

im currently leveling my first duo, warrior shammy, just dinged 29 on shammy and am 28.5 on warrior. If you want to cast the same target as your hunter all the time just make macros that have assist "hunters name" and then cast spell. I use easy macros like:

#1 on Number Pad
    Lightning Bolt:
    /assist "name here"
    /cast Lightning Bolt

#2 on Number Pad
    Earth Shock:
    /assist "name here"
    /cast Earth Shock(rank 1)

#0 on Number Pad
    Heal:
    /target "name here"
    /cast Healing Wave

Those are pretty much all i use, then i have 3-7 on number pad for totems. #8 is lightning shield and #9 is:

/targetself
    /cast Healing Wave

Hope this helps
    Started Dual-Boxing 9/27/08
    Executus
    [H]
    Warrior / Shaman *On Hold* (Lvl 30/30)

Maiev [A]
    Hunter / Priest *Active* (Lvl 41/41)