Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Default Gear Website for Max DPS

I was looking for some information on max dps gear for my toons and found this site. Its pretty cool! You can see whats the best gear for max dps based on your class and spec.

http://www.maxdps.com

It may have been posted before. I plan on using it for my guys.
    “Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
    Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
    Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
    Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?”
    Epicurus

They haven't got the primalstrike set for rogues listed at all so I am not sure how complete/reliable they are.
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

Great website for maxing PVE damage. It doesn't take stamina into account though, so be careful with the gear recommendations if you are on a PVP server.

I've noticed the Elemental Shammy gear recommendations to be a bit flaky as well...it doesn't always "Do the right thing" TM
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

This website has been around for awhile. The reason they don't worry about Stamina is because it's ALL about maximising DPS for them. I'd take this website's info with a grain of salt ( I think that's the expression). It is still a good tool, just don't think of it as an exact science.

For an elemental shaman, the only time that straight lightning bolt spam will outdo 3lb 1cl is once you hit the T6 realm and have insane amounts of haste.

For pure DPS, what is listed is good, but it doesn't take the classes mechanics into account, like the absolute necesity to crit, and crit no less than once every 4 casts.

It's DPS calculations are fairly well off also.... A quick Dr. Boom test showed I do 2000+ dps on my shaman, I only had about +800 damage and 20% spell crit then. Anything with +hit on it is almost totally worthless for an ele shaman too.... You reach the hit cap with talents and 17 hit from gear.

My armory

And I don't think it considers set bonuses either which can be huge in some cases.
    The Orcks of War
    Shaman Borck Zorck Dorck Porck Corck
    Mixed Team - Msblonde - Mswhite - Msblack - Msred - Msbrown -

On the shaman pve dps side of the discussion, where is a good place to get some credible info? I've checked elitistjerks.com but the search function is a bit quirky. Anything worth reading on the class forums?

Just one other thing to remember is that these websites, while great tools to use, don't take into account multiboxing situtions whatsoever. They are a great place to start but ultimately you're only going to REALLy maximize your dps and effiency through trail and error.

[quote='sensenmann',index.php?page=Thread&postID=52 105#post52105]On the shaman pve dps side of the discussion, where is a good place to get some credible info? I've checked elitistjerks.com but the search function is a bit quirky. Anything worth reading on the class forums?[/quote][url='http://elitistjerks.com/f31/t16947-shaman_one_stop_elemental_shop/']elitestjerks[/url] elemental shaman thread.

Quote Originally Posted by 'NightFire',index.php?page=Thread&postID=52006#pos t52006
    For an elemental shaman, the only time that straight lightning bolt spam will outdo 3lb 1cl is once you hit the T6 realm and have insane amounts of haste.
    i don't really "get" this part.

why would straight LB spam *ever* get better dps than cl? Chain lightning is a 1.5 sec cast, LB is 2sec... and chain lightning has a higher base dmg.

When haste is thrown in, both LB and CL scale with it, since the GCD gets lower with spell haste, so you should be able to cast 1.3 or so second CL's.

thx for elaboration if possible =D

just kinda confuzzles me.