Close
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Default Setting Focus for Main + Range/nodead

I operate 4 shaman in BGs. This is my primary "assist/focus/follow" macro:

/focus [target=Woopxie,help,nodead]; [target=Xoopxie,help,nodead]; [target=Yoopxie,help,nodead]; [target=Zoopxie,help,nodead];
    /target [target=focus]
    /follow
    /assist
    /stopcasting

I have this working on all shaman and with a click on the mouse thumb button im away.

If Woopxie dies, running this macro selects Xoopxie as my next "main" character, i simply switch windows and im away again with Yoopxie and Zoopxie assisting. Fantastic.

Now i've released Woopxie and hes resurected at the graveyard. My 3 shaman are miles away, I click the macro to set focus / follow and now my setup has Woopxie as the main character again, which doesnt help as hes miles away. I am, therefore a sitting duck.

My question is, is there a range filter for macros i can add.

e.g.

/focus [target=Woopxie,help,nodead,notbloodymilesaway]; [target=Xoopxie,help,nodead,notbloodymilesaway]; [target=Yoopxie,help,nodead,notbloodymilesaway]; [target=Zoopxie,help,nodead,notbloodymilesaway];

I might be able to answer my own question tonight, but while at work i'd be interested to see if anyone might have a solution.

My only idea was the use of the /target command as this operates with a range restriction, i suppose some fiddling about and it might work.
    Tilce x 4
    Twisting Nether EU - Horde

can't test this out atm but try:

/focus [target=Woopxie,exists,nodead]; [target=Xoopxie,exists,nodead]; [target=Yoopxie,exists,nodead]; [target=Zoopxie,exsist,nodead];
    /t [target=focus]
    /f
    /a
    /stopcasting

I don't know why but I use it on my toons with exists instead of help and works fine..the only time this shouldn't work.. is if you enter a BG and an enemy player has the same name as ur main.. add help if you rly want too ^^
    1--------10---------20---------30---------40---------50---------60---------70---------80
    Kaiya, Ðeceased, Deceased, Decaesed, Deceasead, Deceasaed

I believe that the "exists" check requires the target to be in range, so you should be able to use that to fail a case. Need to test it tonight.
    [align=center][/align]

I have run into issues using "exists" to range check in BGs, it seems that the zones are setup slightly differently then the outside world (another instance of this is using priests Mind Vision on an enemy on the other side of the map). I could be mistaken though!

Im being a dumbass, since the characters are all grouped setting focus and target will ALWAYS work no matter what the range.

I dont like the idea of 4 seperate buttons for focus, i get confused :/
    Tilce x 4

I have my hotkeys that change my window (using PiP) to also change my focus to that character. Works good for me, exept the swapping tends to take a while sometimes, at least in BG's, and at the level I've been doing it so far, the next character is usually dead by the time i hit the key to swap to them (damn twink rogues, note plural, as it usually takes 3-4 to take me down) so not really the time taken while swapping being the issue.
    I'm going to live forever, or die trying.
    5 Shaman Northrend Heroics - My YouTube Channel - Details about my setup (outdated)
    T2 Heroics: lvl 80 Heroics wearing lvl 60 armour
    Running 5-6 accounts on one computer, currently playing Horde on US-Skywall.
    My main teams:
    5x Shamans lvl 85
    5-class team lvl 100: Paladin, Druid, Shaman, Mage, Priest

I've gone down the path of setting up 4 hotkeys to swap the main focus now, 2 mouse thumb buttons and another two behind the mouse wheel, i use a MS Habu and it seems to work well, not as good as 1 macro but hey, it will do.
    Tilce x 4