Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 13

Default LF Powerleveling advice plz

My main is a 64 orc hunter who I plan on using for powerleveling an alt thru instance grinding by dual-boxing. I like hunters just not sure I want that to be my main and after the time I spent getting him to level I'd like to keep him or get him to 70 at least for a farmer. I was going to start a new warrior get him to 10 then hit the instances. I may use the new alt (warrior) when he hits 70 to possibly dual-box another class up. I realize my hunter not being 70 might be a bit difficult past SM? but I want to try, any tips for my given situation? BTW my system is an intel core 2 duo, 2 gigs ram, 500 gb hd, and pci-e Geforce 8600 gts on windows xp professional.

Hunters are great powerlevelling chars Ok they don't do the aoe pulls (i use a mage to boost up to lvl 40 in sm) but they are great beyond 40. ZF is easy on a hunter (who cares about things running away) don't really have a problem in ST, BRD and scholo in my past experience. Admittedly I use a lvl 70 but i expect to boost my 4 shammies to outlands with the hunter (doing the occasional quest). For fun i put the pet on aggressive and let her control the pulls she's trouble sometimes

Your pc should have no problems running 2 accounts and could cope with more if needed.

Up to SM/ZF will still be reatively easy with a L64 hunter, but you may as well level him to 70 as you build up a bit of rested on the alt, no?

In terms of instance boosts too, although it may seem counter intuitive, it's a good idea to invite some other low level alts for your boosts instead of just taking 1 char along, as it lowers the average Level of the group and your alt will get more XP.

Good luck with it.
    Muraman/Muramar, Murmanela, Murmlena, Murmarula, Murmarina - Silvermoon EU
    Gnarlight, Gnarlon, Gnarlin, Gnarly, Gnarley - Silvermoon EU
    Fileta, Celestara, Floriana, Paleforth, Kyudo - Kilrogg EU

Awesome, thx guys, I was beginning to think that not having and aoe based attack this would be a trying effort. I did figure that as I did this I'd be working out any rest xp on the hunter to get him to 70, having gotten him this far no reason not to. I'll be sure to invite some lowbies around my characters lvl to up the group bonus. Any advice on fast kills with a hunter? Run and gather em up->explosive trap->Aspect of the Monkey->melee like mad? Or run and gun and clean up the remnants with the aforementioned?

I'm a BM hunter I do what the pet says send in pet, take a break come back and everything is dead ok it can be helpful to shoot things to speed it up but really you don't actually need to (it's that easy) I wouldn't gather things up as you have no real aoe - doubt the trap will kill anything and if you do end up in melee it's a lot slower.

The thing that sets my pace is if I bother to loot or not I've given boosts before, invited along a lowbie and said all loot is theirs - you still get the cash and you can go pretty fast. looting yourself slows things down.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Mirone',index.php?page=Thread&postID=51697#post51 697
    I'm a BM hunter I do what the pet says send in pet, take a break come back and everything is dead ok it can be helpful to shoot things to speed it up but really you don't actually need to (it's that easy) I wouldn't gather things up as you have no real aoe - doubt the trap will kill anything and if you do end up in melee it's a lot slower.

The thing that sets my pace is if I bother to loot or not I've given boosts before, invited along a lowbie and said all loot is theirs - you still get the cash and you can go pretty fast. looting yourself slows things down.
    I thought if the pet did more than 50% of the damage to a mob it doesn't register as a kill and no xp, am I incorrect in this? I too am BM and would like to have my pet just run wild (somewhat). Would it be better to just shoot till they close to melee range and have the pet finish em off while I switch to a mob to shoot to pull to me and rinse and repeat?

If your pet solos a mob without you doing *any* damage, then you won't get XP and won't be able to loot the mob.
    Outland EU - Orc Shamans: Toth[aeiou]
    Al'Akir EU - Night Elf Hunters: Venatrix[aeiou]
    Core i7 920 - Intel DX58SO board - 6GB Corsair DDR3-1333 - GeForce GTX285 1GB - 2x Dell 2407FPW LCD
    Windows 7 Ultimate RC 64-bit - Keyclone

I always wondered about that, I would send my pet in while I ate/drank but always got up to finish off the mob before it was at 50% health. So basically as long as I get 1 shot in with ranged/melee regardless of amount damage as long as it is something it will register as a "legit" kill?

yeah you have to wack it either with melee or range wep. I play on the same spec machine as you, all be it an AMD 4200 Dual Core CPU (very old now). I play 4 shaman and a 70 hunter which is instance grinding at the mo. you might have a few problems past 45, it just depends where you go. Me personally i go to Scholo @ 45+ coz i can sit my shaman on the bridge, clear the first 3 rooms and reset. My alts dont even have to follow. Its about 25 mins a run and ur get roughtly 1 level every 1 hour 30 mins. Its boring as hell, but it is very easy and i dont worry about agro, 1 / 2 levels a night goes quick.
    Tilce x 4
    Twisting Nether EU - Horde

Ok, I just got a new copy of WoW and TBC. To my understanding I don't need to install this one, just set up my new account via the WoW website. Then copy my existing wow folder, boot each .exe 1 for each account and bam I'm off. This seem right so far?