Close
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 5 box > 10 box

Default 5 box > 10 box

Hey guys, so I'm a fairly confident 5 boxer and considering moving to 10

But then I keep thinking what's the point?

can anyone who has made the jump give me the pros/cons? Just play style/increased farm capabilities?

Its just for fun, the challenge, the increased farming / gold earning capabilities, do raids on your own etc

Cons? ...mainly hardware needed and the added cost. If you run multiple pcs you might need to invest in aircondition...add more powerlines to feed the pcs, get a faster internet connection etc. It can add up a fair bit. But if you run 10 on 1 pc, you should be fine. But the pc will be a nice (or maybe too nice sometimes) heater during the winter.

I 10 boxed druids for an expansion, and during legion I had a 5 pali tank and 5 hunter team, it was fun I guess. Just something to try.

I think the most I would do from now on is 8 box. 8 is the maximum limit for b.net, and also the minimum limit for getting guild credit for raids.

I never tried to raid current tier, and by the time you can 10-box a raid there are already youtube videos of blood DKs soloing it. Just not worth it for trying to raid, but if you're just looking for some fun (or farm gold) for a bit then you really have to do it.

Towards the end of Legion I was going to change to ten boxing from five and ended up with eight accounts. As John said, that is the max number of WoW licenses you can have on a single bnet account. So, all 8 benefit from account wide stuff such as mounts and transmog. Another benefit of stopping at eight is you can put your team in two parties of four each and never have to worry about going over the tag-cap unless there is another player in the area. Then, all eight toons can loot every mob. Those are the benefits of stopping at eight.

The benefits of going over five aren't that great. If I had the choice to do it again, I don't think I would. Yes, you get more loot and you can make great use of gathering professions, but there are also great costs to starting more accounts in any combination of time, money, or gold for tokens. Personally, I opted to spend gold to eliminate the money cost and reduce the time. I spent over 20m gold to buy the expansions and level boosts for 36 toons (granted, if you only play one team then this isn't nearly as big a problem!). The biggest reason I added three accounts was for more toons to have more chances every week on horribly low droprate stuff like Sha's mount (over 100 kills a week, closing in on 5000 kills total, still nothing). Another benefit I haven't gotten around to trying out yet should be the ability to do higher tier content from the past expansion sooner instead of late in this one, or possibly not until the next.

Bottom line? I guess it comes down to what you want to use them for and a cost/reward ratio. But as I said, I don't think I'd do it again.
    <The Revenge Society> - Whisperwind

8x of each class @120

"Why do you multi-box?"
    "The same reason you do anything: Because I can."

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 0013 View Post
    Towards the end of Legion I was going to change to ten boxing from five and ended up with eight accounts. As John said, that is the max number of WoW licenses you can have on a single bnet account. So, all 8 benefit from account wide stuff such as mounts and transmog. Another benefit of stopping at eight is you can put your team in two parties of four each and never have to worry about going over the tag-cap unless there is another player in the area. Then, all eight toons can loot every mob. Those are the benefits of stopping at eight.

The benefits of going over five aren't that great. If I had the choice to do it again, I don't think I would. Yes, you get more loot and you can make great use of gathering professions, but there are also great costs to starting more accounts in any combination of time, money, or gold for tokens. Personally, I opted to spend gold to eliminate the money cost and reduce the time. I spent over 20m gold to buy the expansions and level boosts for 36 toons (granted, if you only play one team then this isn't nearly as big a problem!). The biggest reason I added three accounts was for more toons to have more chances every week on horribly low droprate stuff like Sha's mount (over 100 kills a week, closing in on 5000 kills total, still nothing). Another benefit I haven't gotten around to trying out yet should be the ability to do higher tier content from the past expansion sooner instead of late in this one, or possibly not until the next.

Bottom line? I guess it comes down to what you want to use them for and a cost/reward ratio. But as I said, I don't think I'd do it again.
    I went from 5 to 8 to 10 in Legion but I mainly play wPvP so numbers are always an improvement for me.

After levelling 10x toons in 2x groups I would never go over 10!

I think 8 would be my minimum but 10 seems to work for me. If I had to go back to 5-box I don't think I'd play.

/follow disabled during combat has made life harder in terms of control but the current state seems to see the stats working well and I'd rather have today state than any other in terms of wPvP as a boxer.