Close
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Default Possible to keep tank healed (enhance shaman/fury warrior) with 4x ele based shaman in outland instances?

Just a simple question...

wondering how it would work for power leveling.

Is it possible to keep a TANK healed? As in prot war/pally or feral druid? Yes!

Undergeared non-tank specs in even-level instances? Highly doubtful.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Quote Originally Posted by 'Ughmahedhurtz',index.php?page=Thread&postID=50706 #post50706
    Is it possible to keep a TANK healed? As in prot war/pally or feral druid? Yes!

Undergeared non-tank specs in even-level instances? Highly doubtful.
    i mean like... a DPS class such as the ones stated in my title.

Assuming your using a shield on your tank, then yeah it should be possible. Mana might be a problem on longer fights though.

Why you would want to do it this way though is a mystery...I mean wouldn't it make more sense to have a properly spec'd tank?

Cheers,
    Stealthy
    The Zerg (Magtheridon - US)

Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F.

Yes, a Fury warrior can tank most 60-69 outland instances easily if they take the time to build up a proper gear set for it. Same goes for healers.

The limitation will be can YOU handle doing both at the same time, given the complexity of some Outland dungeon encounters.

You could heal up to 70 without major probs, but has already been said, why bother? Speccing them prot makes your life a lot easier, and with 4x dps classes aint that enough?

At 70+ if you're worth your salt, it wont be healing them that'll be the problem, it'll be them keeping aggro.
    Muraman/Muramar, Murmanela, Murmlena, Murmarula, Murmarina - Silvermoon EU
    Gnarlight, Gnarlon, Gnarlin, Gnarly, Gnarley - Silvermoon EU
    Fileta, Celestara, Floriana, Paleforth, Kyudo - Kilrogg EU

I have a s1 geared Ench. shammy the does fine with no shield. I use him to pull 4 toons though instances. works well

Quote Originally Posted by 'Jaws5',index.php?page=Thread&postID=50862#post508 62
    I have a s1 geared Ench. shammy the does fine with no shield. I use him to pull 4 toons though instances. works well
    You talking about boosting? Cuz they are talking about say a 61 fury warrior tanking ramparts with 61 enhancement shamans healing and dpsing. Which would be doable depending on the player. It would be a pain in the ass and in the end probably not worth it. I understand not wanting to respec back and forth which is why i would do either quests or dungeons personally since I don't like constantly respeccing either.

This is how I boost.

I am s2 pvp geared on my enhancement shaman and leveling four elemental shaman.

I must say, my level 70 shaman can solo ramparts without heals though. (Still needs some minor kiting ofcourse.) With the elemental shamans it's just, so easy..

I -know- I can handle tanking at least up to mana tombs. I two manned mana tombs once with a healer. And I do about 1200 dps on slightly lower level mobs, so with dps there's no probs as well.

So, for boosting upto 70, it's definatly doable with an enhancement shaman. Fury warrior has slightly better aggro abilities, but the focused dps of enhancement. (dropping mob by mob quickly) Is really good too. I usually don't have to start healing before I already killed two mobs. So aggro isn't much of a problem.

I must say tho, this is with a pvp geared enhancement shaman. 1.2k Hp, 400 resi, blacksmith hammer 2nd upgrade in mainhand and s2 offhand 2.6 speed axe.

Here's a small movie of me and my alts in ramparts for example. http://www.wegame.com/watch/Multibox...fire_Ramparts/

And if you mean boosting with lower level chars. Don't try to tank with a level 61 enhancement shaman, really. xD Just not sure what you mean exactly.
    Slowly crawling back towards the experience that is Multiboxing Mayhem

An elemental shaman shouldn't have significant issues with keeping a tank up (pally/warrior/druid). I have main healed every 5 man and all of Kara as elemental. Druids are the easiest to keep up, warriors are the hardest. If things get hairy, dedicate 2 to keeping him up. Chain heal is the best heal you have.... You could alternate which sham heals also, to help mitigate healer threat.