Close
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 23

Default Boosting Nerfed, Dungeon Experience Rewarded Buffed

I posted this in another thread, but it'll be buried there.

Blizzard just released a statement about dungeon experience:

Hi all,

From WoW’s earliest days, we’ve always had to take steps to limit experience gains for characters when grouped with someone of a drastically higher level. We recently became aware of a bug introduced in 7.3.5: a side-effect of the vastly expanded creature scaling was causing the logic to break when awarding XP in some situations. Earlier today, we applied a hotfix to creature experience that corrects this issue.

At the same time, we have significantly increased the experience awarded through queuing for random Normal dungeons from Classic through Draenor content. Running dungeons at the appropriate should feel rewarding, whether as a complement to or even an complete alternative to questing.

As always, we appreciate your feedback and will continue to keep a close eye on the pacing of the leveling experience in 7.3.5 and beyond.
    Looking forward to hearing if doing 5-man dungeons normally is once again tolerable, since it'll still be a few days before I can finally get back to all of this.
    Do not send me a PM if what you want to talk about isn't absolutely private.
    Ask your questions on the forum where others can also benefit from the information.

Author of the almost unknown and heavily neglected blog: Multiboxology

Looks like queuing for random Normal dungeons from Classic through Draenor provides 4x exp reward than before hotfix.

I am so glad I dont have to do this 1-100 leveling crap anymore.

Not an exhaustive test by any means...

But boosting seems to yield 10% vs groups of same level

Boosted w/ 110 and 4 lvl 24-26 (with full heirlooms and 300% RAF)....was 63 EXP on Trash in Ragefire (24 or so was RAF 300% bonus)
    Bosses were 342
    Final completion was 40,000ish (with 27,000ish being the RAF 300%) so 12-13,000 w/o RAF

Same group subbed out 110 and lowest I had was a 37 which allowed queue still

Trash was 642 exp...didn't try a boss yet as I'm not sure if healer can handle

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post
    Looking forward to hearing if doing 5-man dungeons normally is once again tolerable, since it'll still be a few days before I can finally get back to all of this.
    Just did Scarlet Halls with my druids at 32% in at level 36 and gained just over 1 level with the 2 quests that are there. Am now at 35% level 37.
    I started with one bar of rested xp and using only heirloom gear and i didnt kill every mob (there arent that many inside anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by DualZilla View Post
    boosting seems to yield 10% vs groups of same level
    Same

Three nights ago boosted 4 level 15 toons with a 103 in stockade and elite non-bosses were 90xp, trash 10xp, didn’t make note of the bosses but dungeon completion bonus was around 8k iirc; total clear netted 17k xp (77% of a level). Same group last night yielded 9xp and 1xp per Elite and non elite trash, and dungeon completion was 4K. Total xp was 8k (1/3 of a level).

If I have time tonight will test a 5 man on level group and see if 4x stacks with RAF.

All of this instability around what they will change next is getting old real quick. I fully embrace change, and product evolution, but when your player base can’t even project a 90 day predictable horizon for what they want to do next because it changes that fast people get frustrated and leave.

Quote Originally Posted by MiRai View Post

Thank you for posting the Blizzard response MiRai. A very interesting change.

My conundrum at this point, is that I have levelled 4 RAF accounts with characters at various levels so actually making a "normal" dungeon team is next to impossible at this point. I will just have to suck up the dungeon experience nerfs and continue with boosting. Good thing I still have about two months of grandfathered RAF. <sigh> Oh well.
    Last edited by Darth0 : 02-15-2018 at 11:07 AM

Curious to hear what people get exp wise...I installed an addon called expstats to try to gauge what I get trying various stuff

I've been trying to do different zone quests each time around that I got bored of dungeon boosting...

Quests in hillsbrad like having to make each toon gather 40 clicks of spider eggs on decaying bears for 200 eggs total gets old real quick...

Ghostlands was probably the best one so far at sub lvl 60

Just gave Azshara a try with the addon and it was horrible slow at 200-300,000/hour boosted with 300% and all Heirlooms and 60-70,000 on only Heirloomed...gave up at some mage challenge questline

Just trying to gut out a few more classes to 90 before the grandfathered RAF expires...

Hoping to try normal and carried runs to compare later...

Slagmaw unfortunately owns me so have to do others non carried

I've done quite a few legion mythic+ at 110 and those seem easier than some of these revamped older dungeons

So I take it just been buffed 4 using lfg? So playing with walking in gives you not as much as before

I'm 100% in favor of boosting being nerfed and 5 man exp better. Maybe that's the "get off my lawn" attitude because I've leveled many 5 man teams via dungeons VS boosting

Quote Originally Posted by Svpernova09 View Post
    I'm 100% in favor of boosting being nerfed and 5 man exp better. Maybe that's the "get off my lawn" attitude because I've leveled many 5 man teams via dungeons VS boosting
    Except, it didn't take you 45mins to do a run and '5 man exp better' is relative to the awful amount it was before the buff. In my testing, it's just about the same as questing or 1 and 1/2 level per hour. Without RAF.