Close
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Default Need help with BM Hunter macro

Is there a way to use Cobra Shot in a macro so it doesn't use up all my focus and leaves enough for Kill Command?

If you are still using ISBoxer, the way I do that is with a multi-step mapped key with delays built in so it only casts it 2-3x per rotation. It's not exact but it works pretty well. I'm at work at the moment but if I can remember later and nobody else gets you a better answer, I can post my config for reference. It's a few months out of date but it should be substantially functional even in the latest patch.
    Now playing: WoW (Garona)

Thanks. I know how to do it in ISBoxer. But since ISB hasn't been working for the last 10 days I'm using Hotkeynet right now.

Random entry: For any class with a resource dump two things are critical in understanding for the 1 button macro. These two things are global cooldown and cast time.

As an example here is my gnome sequencer for my arms warrior in 7.3.5. No, it isn't ideal but it shows an example of what you need to do for the GCD.

Code:
    Sequences["ARMS-ST"] = {
    StepFunction = [[
    order = newtable(1, 2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4)
    newstep = (newstep and (newstep % #order + 1)) or 2
    step = order[newstep]
    ]],
    PreMacro = [[
    /targetenemy [noharm][dead]
    ]],   
        '/cast [nochanneling] Execute',
        '/castsequence [talent:6/1][talent:6/2] reset=combat Colossus Smash, Mortal Strike;[talent:6/3] reset=combat Focused Rage, Focused Rage, Focused Rage, Colossus Smash, Mortal Strike',
        '/castsequence reset=target/combat Charge, Hamstring, Hamstring, Hamstring',
        '/castsequence [talent:5/1] reset=target/combat Cleave, Whirlwind, Whirlwind;[talent:5/2][talent:5/3] reset=target/combat Rend, Slam, Slam, Mortal Strike',
    PostMacro = [[
    /cast [nochanneling] Victory Rush
    /cast [combat] Battle Cry
    /cast [combat] Blood Fury
    ]],
    }
    This assumes you click the button at 100ms (1/10th a second). The resource on the 4th step will consume a global cooldown which is 1 second minimum. It won't have a cast time though so we don't account for that. The reason I have 4 posted so many times after the first 4 is that those remaining 4 will consume the global cooldown. So the steps 1 and 2 should be caught if I'm spam clicking the button at 100ms (1/10th a second).

If you only click the button once a second, or twice a second then you can adjust the number of additional step entries accordingly. This way it retains some priority in the rotation.

What happens if you don't account for the GCD and cast time:

The steps you want prioritized get skipped because input is being registered without the game being ready (stuck behind GCD / cast time). So if I didn't add all those 4s, cSmash and MS would be skipped over almost every time for my resource dump making the macro broken. At 100MS per click anyway.
    Last edited by MadMilitia : 01-28-2018 at 06:39 PM